Just got my Christmas bonus, what vape to get...

Nosferatu

I have a PD, MFLB, and Buddha....but I really want a new portable that packs more punch than the MFLB. I love the thing, but I need to use a portable primarily now and just want something that packs more punch.

Something equal to that of the PD at least, so I am considering an Iolite despite hearing some bad things. I also heard the Vapir N02 is the companies first actual good vaporizer, is it possibly up to the harsh FC standards?? :D Or maybe the Lotus...well unless its no better than a Vapor Genie...

Hmmm does anyone have any insight on a cool new portable vape besides the beloved MFLB?(That is under $150 >_>)

Modnote: Moved. With 115 posts you should know that this thread belongs in Ask FC.

And don't forget to check out the popular: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN ASK FC thread.

Thank you and happy vaping. :)

Nosferatu,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
The lotus does seem pretty cool! I was skeptical about the vapor genie too, because I thought it would taste like butane, but I finaly tried my friends last summer and was blown away by the huge, super clean tasting lung busters the genie delivered! Went to the local head shop the next day and bought one immediately. My iolite has been collecting dust ever since, I've only used it a couple of times since getting my vapor genie. It should be noted that I absolutely loved my iolite and used it almost exclusively for a year and a half with no complaints at all, I just prefer the much larger hit I get from the VG. I think you would be quite pleased with one! And the price is right too!

Albert Hofmann,

lwien

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the Iolite either though some here really like them. For me, I just got spoiled with the efficiency of the PD and the Iolite just went thru way more bud. The size of the bowl had something to do with that. Also, it was kinda of a pain to use. Too many quirks. It always kind of tasted funny and I never like the idea of the bud constantly being cooked between hits.

For me, as Albert said above, I preferred my VG over the Iolite. Never tried an LB though.

But being that big hits is what you're after in a portable, I'd check out the Supreme. Don't know if the Lotus would be any better than a VG in that regard, but it would probably taste a bit better, I would think.

lwien,

Nosferatu

I am highly thinking of getting the Vapir NO2, unless you can give me a reason why thats a bad idea. I am looking through the thread but am still not certain. Your usually a pretty insightful guy. ;)

Nosferatu,

lwien

The biggest issue I have with the N02 is the reports of bad tastes and bad smells. It's been
reported as smelling and tasting a bit toxic. Combine that along with it's origin of manufacture, and I would be real hesitant to want to vape out of one, let alone purchase one.

Vapir has also received quite a bit of bad press on their earlier vapes with bad tastes along with leaking vapor, but with that said, if you do get one, please post up a review.

lwien,

Nosferatu

Well after reading more, sadly I cant be the Guinea pig for that thing. But thanks for the input. :lol:

Nosferatu,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i am not that insightful, and i have limited knowledge about vaping in general, but i have learned a lot in the past month or so, thanks to FC!

when i first heard about vaporizing (1 year ago) i got an iolite, because i thought it was foolproof and portable - which it pretty much is. however, i was never satisfied with it - i was a cig smoker at the time and i couldn't 'feel' anything while i was inhaling the vapor, therefore it had no appeal for me. it sat on my shelf, until i quit the cigs.

recently, i have given it a fair shake but it still leaves me wanting more. due to the issues lwien mentioned - constant heating of the bowl, and its quirky nature, as well as the fact that i wanted a portable that would pack more punch, (as you say).

enter the supreme vaporizer! this thing will punch you into next week! granted, it has its own quirky nature, but it is very easy to get along with. it could possibly be considered a 'wooden vape', like the pd.

i have never tried a VG, mostly because i have never felt the need - my SV allows me to bong vape, has a temp readout, and destroys me every time! my iolite is still sitting on the shelf!

you will not be disappointed with the sv, whereas, i wouldn't say the same about the other vapes you mentioned, if what you truly want, is a thc punch to the head! :ko::ko:

notmyrealUSERname,

Nosferatu

Ooh thank you I am highly thinking of buying one...if only it were cheaper.

And to the mods I apologize, I get ahead of myself sometimes.

Nosferatu,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
check out ebay - there is usually a listing for them that is cheaper than on the official website.

also, if you email him and tell him your a member here you should be able to get a discount.

it would be worth asking about anyways!

notmyrealUSERname,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
The SV is a very tasty vape and on par with your DBV (in fact I think it vapes your load a bit quicker than the DBV) Lung busters R us. (Most definitely) Not to mention the combustability factor of this vape is MUCH harder to achieve - but still possible.

The VG is a nice tool as well, but the learning curve is much steeper and you can combust quite a bit easier. However, I LOVED my VG(s) for a multitude of concentrates as well. And its a bit quicker than the SV.

They both rock...

AGBeer,

max

Out to lunch
Be sure your portable needs fit the Supreme's requirements. As a portable, it has great performance, but it's not much for stealth or quick hits. It takes time to heat up and cool down. There's no sticking it back in your pocket after a hit or three.

max,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
id just like to point out that even though i hardly use my iolite these days.. (vape bonging the ssv just appeals better to me) it still works great and gets the job done. i think a lot of the quirkyness is people having issues filling the butane chamber properly. if you get that down its a solid unit. mine always starts on the first click and i think that has all to do with properly filling the unit with butane. it truely is an art.

gettin lifted,

max

Out to lunch
i think a lot of the quirkyness is people having issues filling the butane chamber properly. if you get that down its a solid unit. mine always starts on the first click and i think that has all to do with properly filling the unit with butane. it truely is an art.
Filling the unit with butane is an art? Having used 3 different units (one of the first units shipped to the US, and a couple of beta units), I'd have to disagree. Having to vent some air from the butane tank is about the only issue I've had.

max,

Nosferatu

Ive had a vaporgenie but would not get one again...I would get the lotus instead, well only if its as efficient as the DBV or better. But maybe I should just go for the supreme...its stealth enough, I'm just curous how long it retains the heat after torching it. Sometimes I vape slow and dont wanna have to retorch it every few mins.

Nosferatu,

Nosferatu

In fact my friend just bought a glass vapobowl and will sell it to me. Can i use it on a pipe or only glass? Would you recommend a good piece of glass or bubbler that is nice with it by any chance.

Nosferatu,

nr-cole

I love my Iolite because I've had good luck in learning how to use it properly and not having any problems, but I don't think it rips any stronger than the MFLB. Can't say for sure because I've never used a Launch Box. I hear that with practice you can get some huge hits out of a Glass VaporGenie though. I think if I was buying a new portable today that is what I'd go for.

Regardless, enjoy your new vape!

nr-cole,

caseball2051

Id recommend buying the power adapter for your MFLB. If I get some liquid funds in the near future thats where my money is heading. That thing looks impressive. Combined with the lifetime warranty. Fuckin right im in that line.

caseball2051,

momatik

If I were you I'd go for a glass VG.

-Not too expensive (120 with the case)
-Raved for it's tasty hits
-Capable of producing big hits like any other VGs
-Can be used as a portable, although not super stealthy but you have the mflb for that.
-The VG heat filter doubles as a well reviewed method of 'flash vaping' concentrates.
-Can be used on a bong as well.

momatik,

aero18

vaporist
masbanji92 said:
In fact my friend just bought a glass vapobowl and will sell it to me. Can i use it on a pipe or only glass? Would you recommend a good piece of glass or bubbler that is nice with it by any chance.

Any GONG fitting will do. I would recommend a Glassmansdoll (etsy) waffle mini tube.

aero18,

Nycdeisel

aero18 said:
Any GONG fitting will do. I would recommend a Glassmansdoll (etsy) waffle mini tube.

:lol: Aero, you know GMD is backed up with custom orders at the moment!

Any small GonG tube or bubbler of your liking should work if it just needs a GonG fitting!

Nycdeisel,

Nosferatu

This is gonna sound weird but is there any reason I cant put the vapobowl strait to whip tubing and just hit it like that? Or is a glass chamber needed to create the right airflow? I dont want to invest in alot because this is only temporary soon I will be hitting my PD and Buddha again. :D

Nosferatu,

Nycdeisel

Have you tried vapor bonging? If so, have you tried it with the proper adapter?
You can easily find a small, solid straight or beaker or something that could be used with any of the vapes you have(excluding the MFLB). That may be something to look into.

I think you will def need a glass piece, I wouldnt trust the heat on standard whip tubing. Get glass.

Nycdeisel,

Nosferatu

Oh I have a big bong I hit my Buddha with all the time though but at this point all my big stuff cant be where Im staying. So I need small stuff now i can fit all into a drawer...I think ill but a 18mm to 14mm gong adapter and plug my whip to the bottom. That should be enough space so the heat cant melt the tubing right, just a few inches?

But yeah I cant wait to use the vapobowl on my bong it woould be great. :o

Nosferatu,

Nycdeisel

Why dont you just get a smaller GonG wet piece? I would personally not use anything besides glass, because thats one of the big upsides about the Vapobowl.

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom