Just did my first run... nothing but clear 'tane in the pan

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
Had any one have this problem? I put three ounces into the extractor aka queen bee the butane didn't start leaking out till I was three quarters way my first can, i used 3 in a half cans in total. I was almost having a panic attack cause I never use more then a half o at a time using a glass extractor. And it usually starts poring out quick:/

I said the Queen Bee is NOT the same as a tube extractor. The first can should hardly make it to the pan at all. Most of it goes to soak the bud and pressurize the chamber. That's why I wrote that I run 4 cans at once straight through.

Sounds like you might have run whole nug. The idea about grinding is directly from the queen bee instructions, and it keeps trichs from getting trapped in the center of the bud. Over filling will not allow the tane to drain out completely though, especially with whole dense buds. A nice fine grind loosely packed will give the best result.

honeyb101

I got 20 grams total 10 comb 10 shatter I didn't centre all the product in the middle of the wax paper before purge, i tried but it was annoying, so half in the centre turned into some sort of comb tastes awesome the rest on shatter thinking of purging more do not sure...

honeyb101,

honeyb101

HHS
I said the Queen Bee is NOT the same as a tube extractor. The first can should hardly make it to the pan at all. Most of it goes to soak the bud and pressurize the chamber. That's why I wrote that I run 4 cans at once straight through.

Sounds like you might have run whole nug. The idea about grinding is directly from the queen bee instructions, and it keeps trichs from getting trapped in the center of the bud. Over filling will not allow the tane to drain out completely though, especially with whole dense buds. A nice fine grind loosely packed will give the best result.

1795664_671454216227025_460386076_n.jpg
1800453_671454366227010_660395812_n.jpg

honeyb101,

JoeKickass

i hope that i dont blow myself up if doing it outside, i remember somewhere it said about winter and a spark from clothes.......
I'm pretty sure even if I DID spark the butane and was completely engulfed in a fireball... I'd rather be outside than in an enclosed garage.

Think of burning a pile of gunpowder vs a M80... Bad things happen when you enclose expanding gas :2c:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
just got a new honeybee extractor.
What is that?
I use 7x one can.

I must be behind the times?
10 - 12 grams at a time is all I do.
2 grams of Top Shelf is all I really yield. I use whole flower nuggets.
Next time I will grind however I am afraid to ruin the unreal flavor I achieve! You have to purge or it's better to just buy it.

A little darker shatter than I usually yield however the FLAVOR & EFFECT extremely potent.
Do you add PG?

Less is more!

PG gives me a headache!

Last edited:

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
What is that?
I use 7x one can.

I must be behind the times?
10 - 12 grams at a time is all I do.
2 grams of Top Shelf is all I really yield..

10 grams in 2grams out? around 20%? Sounds pretty good to me. I get 18-25% average with ground in the honey bee. I think your ratios are pretty much the same.

link for honey bee extractors
Queen bee (2+oz) :http://ezvaporizers.com/parts-and-accessories/queen-bee-extractor/prod_686.html

Glass version:http://ezvaporizers.com/tools-and-a...ols/killer-bee-glass-extractor/prod_1564.html

The screw on lids allow the chamber to pressurize, boosting yield by up to several grams IME

Patrick Hughes,
Reactions: ataxian

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
My last run was 1.7 out of 7g. I always grind(coarse like for rolling) for first run then run 1 can of 5x. Then remove and grind again much finer but not powder. Then run another can. I blast into Pyrex floating in a electric skillet full of water (120 degree). First run tastes amazing. Second run is always darker and stickier and doesn't taste quite as good but still good. Taste and consistency vary by strain. My tube is 3/4" copper with end caps drilled appropriately and several screens to filter the business end. The copper is cheap and if it is good enough for drinking water... If it begins to look anything other than bright and shiny (clean) I just make another and scrap it. Less than $10. Tried and true for years.:science:

DieHard,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Mine was $19 (small) 12grams (glass)
Waiting to use my (large) 2oz. $34 (glass)
1 can for 12 grams.

I vacuum purge over night.

I make a week or 2 supply to keep it fresh however a mass 3 month supply is my Ideal routine.
Do you purge with heat and vacuum? Does the purge change the consistency? I have been thinking about getting a vac setup.

DieHard,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Do you purge with heat and vacuum? Does the purge change the consistency? I have been thinking about getting a vac setup.
8ztiSwl.jpg

bsFPGnQ.jpg

I used to use a glass jar as a vacuum chamber however the experts called me out.
I'm just learning so I learn as I go!

I use a hot plate and vacuum.
Try not to cook your shatter.
Heat helps however too much will destroy flavor. My next run I'll take better notes. Since I started vacuum purge my quality has become aceptable were I no longer buy it.
Purging will vacate the residule BHO.
Heat can change the consistency so be careful.
So far I tried 100F (sticky)
120F (Brittle and comprised the flavor a tad)
110F next run.

Top Bottom