• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Just cooked first ever batch of tincture with mb2e. Need help

JustGeorge

ok so I have just recieved my mb2e in the mail on Friday and gave it a go on Saturday. I wanted to make a potent tincture you could drop on your tongue for convienence.
I used 1 oz of high grade buds
2 cups of 190 proof everclear

Followed the instructions that came and proceeded. Decarbed for 30 min at 250 degrees. Then let cool

Added decarbed buds and everclear to machine at 160 for 4 hrs.

After it was done strained it and added it to little 5ml plastic drop bottles.

After doing some tests it took around 10+ drops to even feel anything (plus it burns your mouth from the alcohol lol). I was hoping for like a 5-7 drop medication but not even close.

The questions I have is, is this recipe no good even though it was in the book it came with?
Do I have to cook off more alcohol for it to be stronger? Is there anything I can do different to make it stronger?

I have like 2 cups of this stuff sitting in the fridge, what can I do with it to make it stronger but still have a good amount to play with.
Could I put it back in the machine now? Would that change anything?

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Did you throw away your sludge already? If you didn't maybe you could process another 4 hours.

CarolKing,
Reactions: macbill

killick

But I like it!
Once it's done processing I usually evap most of the alcohol off. If you evap too much it becomes globby. It will reconstitute well in a small amount of coconut oil, which is much easier to take orally. As my fave doc says 'you are burning your gingiva! Don't do that!'...

Nesta

@JustGeorge - If you're getting good effects the recipe is good- but as @killick says you can make the tincture more concentrated by evaporating off some of the alcohol. I do this by putting the tincture in a heat proof container, such as pyrex & placing it, uncovered, in a pot (or deep frying pan) of simmering water (ideally with a canning rack on the bottom).
One major caution: Alcohol is very flammable. If you're using a gas stove, the flame can ignite the alcohol vapors & blow up. It's advised to use this method only with an electric burner.

Pyrex measuring cups work well & with the markings it's easy to tell how much has evaporated. It helps to have a thermometer to keep the temp of the tincture near 170 degrees F.

There are other ways to evaporate that I haven't used. Maybe someone else can chime in, one slower way I've read about on FC is to place the container of tincture on a coffee cup warming pad.

I would not put the tincture directly in your mouth without diluting it with water, it can burn! I learned this the hard way.

You probably know that the potency of each batch will vary. And if you're diluting the tincture with water, it doesn't really matter if you need to take 10 drops or 25 drops. On my last batch, the sweet spot was 50-55 drops, about one full dropper, which I think is one ml. (but I like a strong dose, six hours or more). Good luck!

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
If you are after a slower evap you can put your mix in a wide container to expose the alcohol to air, and then have a small fan pulling air away from the container and that evaps quickly, as well, with no heat. Stop when you are at the consistency you want. If you go too far you will need a blade to scrape off the dry parts.

killick,
Reactions: Nesta
Top Bottom