Just bought an Extreme Q and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kushloads

What I did, was run it on 260 for several hours to clear off the smoking. Although smoking packaging seemed to be a weird step to me, the fact that Arizer themselves claim a burn off just made me think it was normal.

Afaik, nothing is burnt on the ceramic unit. Just some discoloration on the top which I suppose may be burning but doesn't smell bad or having typical "burn" patterns. Looks like a stain tbh. Also I must make a correct. the smell is not coming from the ceramic if i pull it away and hold it under my nose. I think the burning smell came from the plastic chassy.

I've just never dealt with such a strange product situation before, and I've lived in some weird countries and bought some jank jank electronics... its a duplicate, its a different "legit" company... like seriously what the fuck is going on!?

Also, Seek, in what warranty scenario would this product end up in my hands? Only if it was defective enough to be returned by the supplier?

Kushloads,

Kushloads

My EQ never had any smoke during burn in. None of my vapes have ever done that. Sounds bad to me.

I am thinking the smoking may have been from the plastic chassy in the vape. And more and more starting to think that if it was repackaged and sold off somehow because of a warranty issue that I am, in fact, in possession of a faulty vape.

Still, this issue with a knockoff semi legit company piecing together an arizer and or selling a faulty "refurb" off the warranty something like that is interesting and worth having a thread about. Are there just knockoffs floating around like this? People should know...

Sadly I have little recourse other than going to this shop with my used unboxed and already pretty resinated vaporizer and trying to show them a problem in a language I barely speak... Also Hungary's return policies are pretty much non existent... not a pretty return but I suppose I might have to try. Still awaiting arizers response.

Kushloads,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
btw. the ballon on the poster is not the one from arizer!!! also on arizer products there is a made in canada writing on the whip. you don't have any. btw. even if this thing is made of arizer parts i wouldn't necessarily expect the chinese fabric workers to assemble them correctly! it's all about the money and we all know time is money

mrweed,

Kushloads

Thanks mrweed can anyone else confirm this writing on the whip or any other written stuff on an arizer eq?

Kushloads,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Seems like there are few parts that are not genuine. Now find which ones and if it matters. For example I don't think the diferent wrapping will cause any issues. Discoloration on the ceramic and no-name whip seems more of a concern to me.

Seek,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
you can see it on this pic posted by seek (the first one) (near mouth piece)
Mf7iT4fux2mLfJU.jpg

mrweed,

Kushloads

Well, thanks a lot guys, so seeing what you have seen (which is pretty much everything), and knowing that it smoked upon burn off initially for a good several hours. What would you do in my situation here? I can't imagine anyone can recommend smoking out of this thing...

Kushloads,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
to be honest if you have let it burn off for several hours this might explain the smoke. normally you just do that for 20-30min. That's enough. i really don't know what happens to an extreme q if you let it run for several hours on the hottest temp setting.
anyway, i would try to give it back for the reason that this thing was sold to you as extreme q, but it's obviously non.

mrweed,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
That is a little strong claim. We need more research to determine if it is a Q or not. So far it seem to me that it is Q. Only differences on the unit itself we know so far is black (but otherwise identical) heater cover wrapping and that discoloration possibly caused by that burn-off.
Which could be just from dirtiness insite the tube...
It is still rip-off imo. They are selling EQ with semi-fake accessories under different name and without warranty for the same price as the newest genuine EQ with warranty. That is bad and imo enough of a reason to send it back.

Seek,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
fuck dude, haven't you seen the poster that was included it clearly says FUZION COMPANY. Which is the same one, that distributes the Fuzion AVR 400 Vaporizer i've reviewd earlier this day. Fuzion and Arizer have nothing to do with each other. i think it also goes by the name of avr 320 not extreme q... btw. if he has bought it as extreme q, he has a right to return it, because it's non whether if it's identical or not. also arizer won't replace it, if something needs to be replaced and I wouldn't expect fuzion to do so, because they don't answer customers emails.

mrweed,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Yes, the package is not geuine at all. And the picture on the poster is very wrong and doesn't even show the right contents. That doesn't prove the unit itself isn't an EQ. That's all I'm trying to say. I'm not defending the Fuzion company at all. What are they doing is terrible, both AVR series and this rip-off package.

Seek,

Kushloads

The conclusion I have to come to is this.

It isn't a normal EQ. It is clearly assembled from either identical components or is somehow a damaged unit repackaged under a different name.

It is however, an EQ. The dupe job is flawless seeming, down to the smallest detail. It is all of the same quality as well, I have looked very very carefully now at videos and close up pics and descriptions online.

What is missing are the labeling from a normal EQ. So sadly it is a dupe, but the technical aspects seem flawless.

It isn't however, a perfectly functioning dupe. The large amount of smoking at burn off is unacceptable. Since the technical stuff (circuit boards, glass, heating element) all seem the same This could be from any number of things... a quality control issue, a small faulty defect in an otherwise identical machine, but given the plastic smell perhaps the grade of the plastic isn't high enough to withstand the heat. For the record mrweed, it starting smoking immediately, I left it on for 2 hours in the hopes of "burning it off". Since no one has reported a large amount of smoke at burn off, either in this thread or my searches, I really think this is a huge defect.

Now, the problem is that since I live in hungary, a return is going to be difficult. The people at this gypsy head shop don't speak english, and my hungarian is for shit. And the difference between an extreme q 320 and an arizer extreme q midnight black isn't going to mean anything to them, especially since its clearly labeled what it is on the box and looks and operates almost identically. I bought a fuzion vape. If I can't return it like a normal item i am SOL.

So anyways, thanks for the help guys. The bottom line is I can't trust my health to a vape thats smoking and burning plastic. Sucks I likely flushed 200 bucks, I still have my iolite, and Ill have to take this as a lesson to keep a better eye out for brands in the future.

I think the real value in this thread is that people can see the level of sophistication these dupe companies have. They are in some cases using the same suppliers as the original company. The components are identical (although possibly lower quality), and the build is the EXACT same, from the remote control to the glass on glass pieces.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think everything is resolved now. Your conclusion seems the most likely and I believe that in every point. (That is an agreement like, not a laugh at your sad situation)
...It is however, an EQ. The dupe job is flawless seeming, down to the smallest detail....
I second this, I haven't seen anything like this in vape industry so far. Never seen a ripoff this much sophisticated...

Seek,

max

Out to lunch
Fuzion is a company that copies other models. There may be legit Extreme parts on/in it, but it's definitely not made by Arizer. This is a blatant ripoff, but not the first the industry has seen. Skyda copied the iolite a few years to the extent of actually putting the iolite name on it.

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
For the record mrweed, it starting smoking immediately, I left it on for 2 hours in the hopes of "burning it off".

but that's the problem. probably nobody knows for sure what happens when you left it on for that long. i could imagine(!) that some evil things could happen to an extreme q as well. i mean it has a reason why some vaporizers turn off automatically after using them for too long. actually i thought the extreme q would shut-off as well like the solo.

btw. you could also try to ask fuzion for a replacement unit at least. maybe it was just wrong assembled or something.

edit: ok, now i've got it... started immediately. that's not normal at all

mrweed,

Bvapst

Yep, good luck to you Kushloads for the return of the product. Anyway let us know here if you have an answer from Arizer or any new events about your Fuzion vape. Maybe will be better for you to purchase online next time from an authorized dealer. (There are a few in EU)

Bvapst,

max

Out to lunch
Kushloads said:
And more and more starting to think that if it was repackaged and sold off somehow because of a warranty issue that I am, in fact, in possession of a faulty vape.
Not necessarily faulty. They can make it look and operate like an Extreme, but they can't build a perfect copy.

It is however, an EQ.
It's a copy. If it's not built by Arizer it's not an Extreme. It's a copy just like all the lookalike wooden box vapes you find on eBay, except in this case they're trying to make people think this is a legit Extreme, by not changing anything about the appearance. Popular vaporizers have been copied or cloned for years. You can pretty much clone a simple design like a box vape, but the more sophisticated the design the more likely the performance will be compromised.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom