Just bought an Extreme Q and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kushloads

It doesn't say arizer on the box or model (or underside) or on the remote control... Is this normal?

It says 320 Extreme Q blah blah all of that and it looks EXACTLY like the arizer model. The brand listed is FUZION. Has anyone heard of this? The company seems kinda shaky from there website... It seems like a knockoff, are people really making high quality knockoffs of middle end vapes like this?

Fwiw, I bought it from a sketchy headship in hungary, and used it thoroughly. It will be hard to return, but

I have attempted to use it and it started smoking pretty heavily. The pamphlet (which also looks like a knockoff) says that it needs time to burn off the chemicals... It doesn't smoke now though.

Anyone know if I got totally screwed here? Im worried about the health risks of using this thing...

Kushloads,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Arizer doesn't put its name on its devices. It's normal. No EQ ever had "Arizer" written on it, nor any accessory.
I think it's good for stealth, it's harder to find out what it is if you don't have any keywords to search for.
If it looks like this, you're good. Also you mention you have a remote, so I suppose it's really a Q version. Actually I haven't heard of any real EQ ripoff. The EQ it already made as cheap as possible, but quality.
I don't think it would be possible to make a functional rip-off that would be even cheaper...

I would buy an EQ from an authorized distributor to be sure and to have a warranty.

Your unit is combusting? What temperature are you using? If you use a temp below 200°C it could be faulty...
Normally they can go up to 260°C, I could get combustion at 230°C or even 210°C under special conditions.

Kushloads

Thats the problem... it looks EXACTLY like that. Like if its a knockoff that made perfect fitting 5 glass on glass interchangeable parts, a perfect airtight bag setup etc a heating element w/ functional remote control I wouldn't believe it.

But it was packaged with this : http://imgur.com/m6JnLnW... it says its another company, and FWIW I am living in hungary so perhaps its a regional distributor or something... but not likely.

Like it just doesn't make sense to me either. Its SUCH a cheap vape already... it must cost a decent amount to make already, and the run on the knockoff must be so limited. Almost seems like a homemade knockoff job (company is listed as "dutch", but checking out the website it looks strange and this vape isn't listed yet )

http://fuzioncompany.com/

This is the manufacturers site.

Kushloads,

Kushloads

Also, just noticed another thing, the letters appear one the front appear to rub off a bit... This doesn't seem good either but I could see happening on a real arizer as well.

And the smoking upon first turning it on... is this normal with arizers to "burn off the chemicals?"

What the hell is going on here?

Kushloads,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
http://www.shivaheadshop.co.uk/shop...orizers/products/fuzion_avr320_vaporizer.html
It really look identical to the EQ. I would believe it is. If they sell it at the same price, the vape must be made of original Arizer parts imo.
I don't get it why they do this. Is it just for ripping off the waranty? I haven't seen anything like this. Except MFLB ripoffs, but these are actually easy to make (and not work). An EQ ripoff needs identical parts to look the same.

Pretty much every vape need initial burnoff. Even some Clouds need it.

If this is really a bad-quality rip-off, then it's a very "good" one.

Seek,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Yes, it look totally legit, and combustion on 260 is legit too :)
The only difference i can spot is the power-source. The cable looks different.
It could still be legit though. The EQ can work with any 19V 65+W source.
Maybe it's even better one, the source I've got was a cheap shitty chinese one.
Try it on 190 and report how it works.
Oh and wait at least 5 minutes (or more to be sure) if it was heated on 260. The unit takes minutes to cool down to the new temperature, not seconds as the display says.

If your vape is legit, non-faulty and just ripped off the warranty (the most possible explanation by now imo) you could still be happy.

My EQ was abused for 2 years, haven't missed a beat and is still like new. It is by far the most reliable vape I had owned so far imo.

Seek,

Kushloads

Dude ty! this is v v v helpful. Okay well one more thing that concerns me, It said to leave it on max temp to burn off the packaging material. Well I put it on 260 and the damn thing smoked for over an hour before toning down. It doesn't smoke now really though so I kind of guessed the packaging had burned off..

But the inside of the unit smells slightly of burnt... "something". I mean I understand its a heating element and heats everything a lot, but was it supposed to smoke in the beginning? And are all heating elements supposed to have a bit of a smell now?

Kushloads,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
My EQ didn't smoke visibly on initial burnoff. Something dirty in there...?
The EQ is also the simpliest i've owned so far to take apart and assemble back. And considering you don't have a warranty, you have nothing to lose - could open it up and see the insides if everything in there is legit.
You only need a small screwdriver.
It should look like this:

If I got a penny everytime I took the EQ apart, I would be poor - as the world would go bankrupt :D

Seek,
Reactions: ogcook

Kushloads

Seek, I just opened up my vape. Kinda fun :)

Here is whats going on on the inside. From what I can tell, this wrapping should look white... not black. But its darker color... and while it isn't smoking anymore, it looks like there was a bit of burning earlier maybe. Not much, and the element itself looks fine.

Here are some pics:

The central component : http://imgur.com/0oPFoub

The central component with the heating element exposed : http://imgur.com/NA9CkNa

Any thoughts? perhaps a replacement component?

Kushloads,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
This looks good too. I've never seen black wrapping, but it doesn't look like an issue to me, it's just color. MY wrapping looks exactly the same except the color.
However, the ceramic looks kinda dirty, on the top and little on the bottom. I would check that screen on the top if its clean. It almost looks rusty, which shouldn't be possible, the screen should be titanium afaik.

If it's indeed only iron, I would trash it and replace it with an unused cyclone bowl screen (after cleaning the rust carefully). If you don't have any unused cyclone bowl, you can buy spare screens cheaply.
If it's not iron rust, i would try to clean it carefully anyway.

Seek,

Kushloads

Screen isn't rusty upon inspection. Just darker color but even and fresh metal.

The ceramic does look a bit discolored, and this is where the faint smell is coming from... is this a problem? how could it be cleaned?

Kushloads,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Well, since we don't know what kind of dirtyness that is, i can't tell, what will clean it, if anything.
If the smell is coming from it, then we are getting closer in figuring out the source.
The ceramic shouldn't smell, so it is the source, and it is probably the discoloration what smells.
I would try rubbing it with dry napkin first.
If it doesn't work, i would moisten the napkin with iso and try again (carefully!). There is a heater and sensors inside the ceramic, so make sure no liquid gets inside the ceramic (there is a hole leading inside on the top of the ceramic) or any other vape part.
If it doesn't wok, i would try just regular water-moist napkin.
And do a burn-off again after cleaning, to evap any residual iso or something.

Seek,

Bvapst

I'm sorry i'm not an expert about the EQ and i maybe confuse... But after reading and looking at the pictures this one looks like a V-tower more, no? The EQ is normally black plastic cover, isn't it ? (at least the last new ones)
It seems he does have a vape with EQ fonctions but under a V-tower cover looking?

Bvapst,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I'm sorry i'm not an expert about the EQ and i maybe confuse... But after reading and looking at the pictures this one looks like a V-tower more, no? The EQ is normally black plastic cover, isn't it ? (at least the last new ones)
It seems he does have a vape with EQ fonctions but under a V-tower cover looking?

Both V-Tower and EQ have been upgraded to the new black look. And this unit looks exactly like the new look. This is the old look you talk about, this unit doesn't look like that.
It's not the V-Tower version, V-Tower doesn't have a fan, a remote nor bags.

The only way to differentiate a V-Tower and EQ just by looking at the unit is that V-Tower says "POWER TIMER HEAT"above the LEDs, while EQ says "FAN TIMER HEAT". This is because of missing fan in the V. And the POWER LED is so useless it isn't present on the Q.

This unit is eaither a 2012 or 2013 version. The newest ones increment/decrement the temperature by 1°C, older ones by 5. I have the older one and I actually like 5°C increments more.

Seek,

Kushloads

Actually, the arizer EQ comes with a silver case as well from what I can see online. Either way though It shouldn't matter much. I am now convinced this a legitimate arizer product so I just want to know if I can safely smoke from it.

My main concern was just that it smoked a bit when it started, and now the element looks discolored. It functions fine, heats up great, and doesn't emit anything anymore, but just wondering if somehow it got ruined or became dangerous to use. I have emailed arizer too and asked them but if other people want to chime in thats cool also.

Kushloads,

Bvapst

Just hope you'll find your way Kushloads. Anyway i'm interrested in what they will answer you. Also would like to know more about that "fuzion" label.

Ok, i'm sorry if I minsunderstood but here kushloads post that picture : http://imgur.com/5EdKQzL . Which is not black cover at all even if it doesn't look like the old one neither (?).

Bvapst,

Kushloads

Basically, there were two models of the arizer eq, an old and a new "midnight steel" version something like that. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yWallOsUF...izer+extreme+q+vaporizer+new+2012+version.jpg This seems to be a real arizer, just packaged strangely for what may have been a middleman or supplier/warranty reason. just wondering if its safe to use or how best to clean it. Ill try iso and scrubbing and report back

If anyone knows more it would be appreciated, everyones help here has been great.

Kushloads,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Wow, I've never seen an EQ this dark. Do all newest EQs look this dark? My EQ isn't, but it isn't ultra new either. Anyway i think both looks will work the same. I would call an Arizer unit old-gen if it had that look I posted above.
2011 units are as good as 2013 imo. The difference is mostly aesthetical.
That super-dark one seems to be the 2013 version I've been talking about.
I personally like my version the most. I wouldn't like the 1°C increment for example.

Seek,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
hey guys, stumbled upon this thread while searching for fuzion avr 400 vaporizer reviews! i wrote one a couple minutes ago and I really can't say anything good about this company. Don't buy any of their products! feel free to check my review to understand why. this is a reckless company... btw. i think it's the same one called top-vapor.
and thanks for the info that they produce fake extreme q's! will add that info now

mrweed,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
So far the EQ looks more like ripped-off from warranty than fake. Maybe they got access to Arizer parts and are assemblying them personally, getting profit by selling them at regular price.
If you buy genuine EQ, you also pay for the waranty and assembly.
This is the worse scenario, it is also possible these are totally genuine EQs, but only ripped-off from warranty.

This is still wrong, of course.
This Fuzion company really sounds shady. Selling terrible "vapes" and now even robbing Arizer...

Seek,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
i'm not sure. my extreme q isn't nearly as black on top of the ceramic heating element than this one by kushloads and i have it much longer! also if something seems to burn that would pretty much confirm my experiences with their products.

mrweed,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Burning doesn't confirm anything imo. 260°C is a very high temperature and real 260°C will combust surely. My EQ combusts easily on too high temps and I'm very sure it's genuine. Bought from an authorized distributor.

Seek,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
where did you find that information that he used it on 260°C?! he has not said that, right? also my authorized copy has not smoked a bit while removing the production leavings on highest temp (it doesn't smell too good, but that's normal). you normally won't put any herbs in while doing this, so what's smoking here?!

mrweed,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom