July 1 2016 WA State Changes

C No Ego

I went to my regular organic medical cannabis farmers market today. I found out that they are still open. I was worried about going in and buying products because of WA new medical law. I had seen online that the sheriffs department had talked with the cannabis market regarding that they hadn't closed.

Medical farmers still have product to sell. The sheriff said he would much rather see it sold at the medical market than the black market. So it's still the Wild West for a little bit longer. The market is still trying to get their license I was told. I sure hope they get it. They won't be selling the cannabis from regular farmers, they will have to sell the state certified medical cannabis. I hope they can still sell organic.

I was so worried about going in and buying products. I looked around to make sure there were no cops around across the street. The new law makes me feel like I'm a criminal. I looked in my rear view mirror quite a bit a first after leaving. It reminded me of the black market days. Then I was more relaxed about driving home. I have quite a bit of cannabis saved up. I'm ready for the apocalypse.:p

your post is an obvious blaring realization of how desperately we need organic ( as safe as possible) nature related human/plant interaction. the State will be irradiating the herbs and no telling what else sending out the ( one for all) formula to multiple different types of people. when people complain to them they will say it just does not work and then hand the whole she bang over to GW pharma to make ((( the formula))) better= more synthetic and uniform (all the same) throughout...

C No Ego,
Reactions: CarolKing

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
This is where they hold the med cannabis farmers market every Saturday. They were busted. My fav place to go.
They had been visited by the sheriff and assumed that he would give them to the end of the month. You cannot find CBD strains at any of the cannabis stores. I had just been there the previous Saturday.
People will decide to go to the black market. Cops will start busting black market too. They will also start arresting folks for illegally growing.
Other states take notice. This isn't what we voted for in 1998 when the citizens of WA voted for medical cannabis. Legal cannabis fucked up our medical. I want a do over.

Sarena Haskins of Sonshine Organics:
“Now going to have to tell a parent NO capsules for your son who has seizures!? SAD world!”
[Facebook]

Sonshine Organics, a medical marijuana collective in Olympia, Washington, was raided by county law enforcement officials on Tuesday, July 26. Sonshine owner Sarena Haskins confirmed on Facebook early Tuesday afternoon that the raid was underway.
“RAIDED ~ STOLE ALL our Cash HONEY high CBD strain meds!” Haskins, who has for years been a stalwart on the Washington medical marijuana scene, posted. “WE NEED TO FIGURE THIS SHIT OUT!!! WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!””If you have a comment on today’s RAID activities feel free to comment to the Judge responsible for the warrant, Mr. Lack at 360-709-3201,” Haskins posted. “Also calls need to go to sheriff, county commissioners, LCB, all of them if possible!”

Thurston County Sheriff John Snaza
claimed Sonshine was the only unlicensed medical marijuana dispensary in the county still open.

“Now going to have to tell a parent NO capsules for your son who has seizures!!???” Haskins posted. “SAD world!”

Douglas Hiatt, a lawyer representing Sonshine Organics, said deputies confiscated bags full of marijuana meant for patients, reports Drew Mikkelsen at KING-5 News.

Thurston County Sheriff John Snaza claimed Sonshine was the only unlicensed medical marijuana dispensary in the county that hadn’t closed by July 1, the date the state’s dispensaries were shut down by SB 5052, which in an act of cruel irony is called the “Cannabis Patient Protection Act.”

Last edited:
CarolKing,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Well this is a depressing thread. Boo on WA lawmakers. :cuss:

Is delivery service allowed in WA?

syrupy,

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Carol do you live near the Oregon border?

Silat,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I bought quite a bit of cannabis to hold me over for a while. I personally don't use high CBD strains but there are many that do. They can't get the medicine that they need. The state is making it difficult to grow medical cannabis with all the rules and hoops not to mention the extra cost.

I live about 130 miles from Portland. Once my supply is gone I will just buy at the recreational stores or try to find a medical store that has a decent variety available. It won't be organic any more. It will cost me $4 and $5 more per gram. At $14 and $15 a gram that's expensive medicine. Often you won't get a discount for buying a half an ounce or a full ounce. I can afford it but don't want to pay the added cost.

I have my document signed by a doctor to get a medical card but it's not worth just saving 10% to be on the states registry. The state is making it too difficult for group gardens too. They are requiring video cameras and other hoops to jump through making it too hard for patients.

How can a patient even afford to make butter? Shake cannabis will be impossible to come by. You can't even find clones to grow even though patients can grow 6 plants.

Some folks might not feel sorry for us but we went from a working medical system for cannabis to no medical cannabis. We have basically recreational cannabis with all the pesticides and heavy metals that WA allows.

I was able to buy organically grown cannabis for half the price and I could buy shake for butter for $50 an ounce. It all gone now.

Last edited:

C No Ego

So Washington is the route that medical cannabis is to take.. for America's viewpoint, cannabis is the only plant that is medical- or the only one with a medical dispensary to supply people. Well, the pharmaceutical company does not like that. this one plant is going to go up against the giant big pharm?? I do not think so, so prepare for everywhere that has medical to go the route of Washington. the more legal it becomes the more diluted too....

C No Ego,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
So Washington is the route that medical cannabis is to take.. for America's viewpoint, cannabis is the only plant that is medical- or the only one with a medical dispensary to supply people. Well, the pharmaceutical company does not like that. this one plant is going to go up against the giant big pharm?? I do not think so, so prepare for everywhere that has medical to go the route of Washington. the more legal it becomes the more diluted too....

Colorado has largely successful in bifurcating the market between recreational and medical, and I don't think it's been anything like the clusterf* in WA :( I'll be fascinated to see how Oregon fares. CA as well... this could get very dire.

looney2nz,
Reactions: C No Ego

j-bug

@CarolKing Hearing your stories of how medical cannabis used to be when it was that way always made me have hope for a day when I lived somewhere with cannabis farmers markets for patients as it is I love my dispensaries and even enjoy going to new ones in the area despite the first timers anxiety at a new to me place I don't know if I'll ever shake that. Anyway hearing how things are now scares me about rec in California and our bill seems more of a mess even than yours. Hopefully, enough of our legislators aren't entirely incompetent and can manage to preserve the medical program after auma. Might have to save up and take some time off work when legislature is in session and stay with friends in/near Sacramento to lobby for patients here in California. Anyway my thoughts are with you and with patients in WA. Hope you end up with a good co-op situation or at least connections with good compassionate growers.

j-bug,
Top Bottom