JoDa Glassworks

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I got mail! YAY!

Check out this sweet matching set. This purchase was a 18mm carbed gong, pendent, and 14mm steam roller gong combo. @2clicker innovated the combo, thanks buddy. Colors are mega mai tai and slyme. Thank you very much @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd for hooking it up once again.
K0BCywD.jpg

Love that matching set! If you gt a chance, could you shoot some pics of the individual pieces? I'm very interested to get a closer look at that pendant....

..speaking of... @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd I noticed your implosion pendant a ways back... have you/can you do those as marbles...like on the fat end of a dabber? What I'm getting at is... are techniques you're doing in pedants fair game to request on dabbers/dishes/gongs/etc....such as a fat marble eyeball that's oozing slyme pus down a dabber...?

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
You can look on mountainglass arts.com or lampworksupply.com or check out the individual sites for glass alchemy, northstar glassworks, trautman art glass (TAG), momka glass or do a google search on raw borosilicate colors. There's a plethora of info out there.

Thanks you just saved me a bunch of time! :tup:

Also, on that matching gong/stem set of yours I listed... I got more demand than I had supply, so you might have a few new FCers headed your way for some worked nano and solo stuff.

Last edited:

Trogdor

Vapinating the peasants
V&C, you don't by any chance have access to a glass that glows in the dark, do you? I don't know if that's even a thing, but it would be neat for the tips of carb holes and maybe the heat intake on the daisy for nighttime vaping

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Great minds and all:-). I asked about the same straw here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/joda-glassworks.13915/page-15#post-605183

Hopefully @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd can get some white glass now??

Clear glass with white, red and yellow stripes. Need a little clear in there to watch the vapor. Of course the next step is to make a not-so-stealthy worked drink cup to put the Solo and straw in. The solo is too classy an instrument to pair up with a regular old McCup.

Zebowski

Custom Title
Hey Hi Ho!

Thanks all for an awesome thread, and awesome glass. Beautiful, joyful stuff.

I'm finalizing an order for VnC, and would like to do a little color checking for a self-Claisening Solo Gong. (What a wondrous beast that is! . :) ) Anywho, @nihil, could you please tell me the color of the center stem in your last post. (I've "quoted" it, but have forgotten how to use the mulit-quote paste function--sorry!) Is that Mega Mai Tai? Or that Amber Purple (can't remember exact name)? It looks all space nebula-y to me, which makes me happy.

And @Snappo, could you tell me the color of your Gong?

This just in - THANKS Joda Glassworks! Yet another OUTSTANDING work of Function & Art!!!
AGu8eYq.jpg

2sIjB1J.jpg

Or @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd could you please tell me?
I want the carb tube to look like a gently swirling pipe of nebulas and glowing water. :mmmm:

Last edited:
Zebowski,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

nihil

Member, Known Well
Anywho, @nihil, could you please tell me the color of the center stem in your last post. (I've "quoted" it, but have forgotten how to use the mulit-quote paste function--sorry!) Is that Mega Mai Tai? Or that Amber Purple (can't remember exact name)? It looks all space nebula-y to me, which makes me happy.

You're first assumption, Mega Mai Tai, is correct. The color varies depending on lighting, so I believe this would be a good choice if you are going for a nebula feel.

Now I'm interested in what you are going for. Please post pictures of the completed piece.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Hey Hi Ho!

Thanks all for an awesome thread, and awesome glass. Beautiful, joyful stuff.

I'm finalizing an order for VnC, and would like to do a little color checking for a self-Claisening Solo Gong. (What a wondrous beast that is! . :) ) Anywho, @nihil, could you please tell me the color of the center stem in your last post. (I've "quoted" it, but have forgotten how to use the mulit-quote paste function--sorry!) Is that Mega Mai Tai? Or that Amber Purple (can't remember exact name)? It looks all space nebula-y to me, which makes me happy.

And @Snappo, could you tell me the color of your Gong?

Or @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd could you please tell me?
I want the carb tube to look like a gently swirling pipe of nebulas and glowing water. :mmmm:
Not really sure ...When I ordered I just called it honey ...but it appears more amber in color.

Snappo,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
@Snappo's stem is a mixture of straight amber and amber purple. His gong is pure amber purple.

I just ordered a sick ass new experimental color called fade to black that I'm super pumped to try out! It's a striking color like the Mai tai and amber purp but it's colors are black, white and like a lightning strike blue.

fA4087I.png

^^^not my art^^^

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
@Snappo's stem is a mixture of straight amber and amber purple. His gong is pure amber purple.

I just ordered a sick ass new experimental color called fade to black that I'm super pumped to try out! It's a striking color like the Mai tai and amber purp but it's colors are black, white and like a lightning strike blue.

fA4087I.png
...And I really love those colors - beautiful under bright and room light! Thanks V&C!!!

Zebowski

Custom Title
You're first assumption, Mega Mai Tai, is correct. The color varies depending on lighting, so I believe this would be a good choice if you are going for a nebula feel.

Now I'm interested in what you are going for. Please post pictures of the completed piece.

Thanks nihil, and will do! @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd Said it will be a bit of a challenge working on that narrow tube, but he's up for it. :) It's a small canvas, but I'm hoping for some fine detail that's nice to look at close up. :freak: I like the way the red bleeds into blue on your piece.

Thanks--I like that detail in the Amber Purple on @Snappo 's gong. Likewise on Fade To Black. Awesome, looks like glints in topaz. I like those variegated colors like Mega Mai Tai, Amber Purple, Steel Wool, and Pink Slyme (now I have the names in one place). :nod:

:leaf::peace:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd Is there any way to gather all of your work together and categorize it? It's hard for us to know what type of work you can and cannot do without a visual reference.

Let me know if you need any help, I've got 9 years of experience in brand awareness and digital marketing (director for small international IT company)

Top Bottom