JoDa Glassworks

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I have been doing concentrate dishes but yet to do any downstems.

Very good. I'm asking here instead of PM in case someone else is interested.

How about the straight domes?

GFG_120_289__17401.1403035731.220.220.jpg

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd I am thinking that I need some new color in my glass menagerie. Perhaps a concentrate dish with a way to hold a dabber. Like this, not necessarily exactly the same but the ability to hold a dabber in a similar way. What are the color options or designs?
gUjopjo.jpg

Here's the Purple rain vape adaptor in action with my dhgate BabyCake.

fuGfgwH.jpg

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd I am thinking that I need some new color in my glass menagerie. Perhaps a concentrate dish with a way to hold a dabber. Like this, not necessarily exactly the same but the ability to hold a dabber in a similar way. What are the color options or designs?
gUjopjo.jpg

Here's the Purple rain vape adaptor in action with my dhgate BabyCake.

fuGfgwH.jpg
That would be sweet with a worked dabber and the holding tube clear, so the dabber shows through...

Heh I've been thinking of the same thing. But maybe a little different, like a spoon for a dish and a fork for a dabber. A little like this:

alt_12-26-11-59.jpg

Add a mathcing little black bowl for ABV, and I'm a paying customer. I want to make a 'mealtime' themed setup.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Getting out the pencil and paper. Design time FCers. Why did I ever give up drawing? Silly me.

@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd I was having a conversation with another member about dabbers. In your opinion are they difficult to make in terms of keeping the shaft in round.? Some dabbers get really narrow at the business end, and it appears like it might be hard to work that thin and stay in the round. Just curious, keep up the good work. And don't forget to take a little downtime now and then. Recharges the creative juices.

blankrider

whats the status of this piece? i think i will be ordering mine this week.
I think I should have it next week. I wanted 20mm tubing which he had to order and he is getting more popular so things have slowed slightly.

I am happy for him getting the recognition he deserves and applaud his ability to stay grounded. He returns messages in a timely manner and shows people respect regardless of the cost of their order. Many blowers could learn a lesson from @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I try to stay as current with you guys as I possibly can. Yes my workload has increased a lot but, I welcome that! Plus with the holiday and both of my girls birthdays and everything in my personal life it's been a crazy few weeks. I appreciate you guys' kind words. Other than the combustion stuff I sell locally you guys are my prime audience. I hope to someday live up to the expectations I've set for myself.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I try to stay as current with you guys as I possibly can. Yes my workload has increased a lot but, I welcome that! Plus with the holiday and both of my girls birthdays and everything in my personal life it's been a crazy few weeks. I appreciate you guys' kind words. Other than the combustion stuff I sell locally you guys are my prime audience. I hope to someday live up to the expectations I've set for myself.

Need an IG for Joda.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

Life comes before work, remember you work to live. Never live to work!!!

I've got two matching pieces incoming tomorrow (and a new exotic Nano)! It's Christmas in July this week at my house, ha ha - Pictures to come soon!

I'm sure I'll be giving you more work in the near future @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Yes I know a lot of other artists that are doing the IG thing a lot. To me, right now it'd just be something more on a very full plate at the moment.

I hear you @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd but it may hep you more in the end.

It would be helpful for the customer also. You mentioned you do concentrate dishes, and I am interested in having some made. Of course I'd like to see what dishes you've done already, so I'm sure it's a good fit and I'm requesting techniques you do/are comfortable with.

With an IG, I can look at what you've done, send a request saying, "a little like that amber one from last month, with wigwag like that slymer you just posted". Bam. We both are looking at the same thing, ball gets rolling quickly. This is how I prefer to work, to minimize back-and-forth where communications can fall into a black hole.

Without an IG, I have to request you to point me to photos of your dabbers and dishes. If the answer is "they're buried somewhere in this thread" I'll look for a little bit, and then move on. Nothing against anyone I just want convenience and the ability to see what an artist typically does without a treasure hunt.

That's my rant, now onto business.

I'm interested in having some dabber/dish sets made. I'd like to see what your dishes look like. Can you point me to examples so I can see if it's a good fit?

Last edited:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Yeah I'll get an IG up once I get adjusted to all of this. I'm not one to take on more than I feel I can handle at one time. I have a pretty extensive portfolio on my Facebook. But I hate Facebook. The only reason I keep it is because of ALL of my glass connections that are on there.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey everyone!

Got my new custom glass order from @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd yesterday

Little back history - Snappo pm'd me that he had some kiln dried Afzelia burl for the Nano (which I'll review on his thread later), so I started the process on ordering a new exotic Nano (which was also delivered yesterday as luck would have it!), and I decided that I wanted a matching stopper and GONG for my new 19mm claisen.

Anyway, using reference shots of the wood from Snappo, I sent them to VaPeD&CoNfUsEd and told him I wanted a 19mm GONG and a matching 19mm stopper with a marble on top for my Claisen. I gave him no other direction other than the color scheme - orange black and red.

I paid and left him alone (I prefer not to bother an artist and instead let him create a masterpiece). He did reassure me he had an idea in mind and would get started on it. He was nice enough to shoot me a picture before he shipped them, but I wanted to wait until I had them in hand to share with ya'll.

Here's some shots of the work, thoughts after the pictures:

SlcwtjW.jpg

vXa3gNz.jpg

ONZQ0z1.jpg

First, I'll say I love the color scheme! I don't know exactly what I was imagining in my mind (translucent marble perhaps?) but I won't complain about the design - it's awesome!

I'm a little disappointed at how small the marble is on the stopper, but I'm sure there's a reason he made it so small (maybe hard to center a ball on a stem?). Also the GONG stem seems to be angled slightly (my nano seems to lean by 3 or 4 degrees), but again, minor complaints. The build quality overall is great I'm pleased with the result.

@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd - Nice work! Keep it up - I'll be happy to buy from you again. As you know, we're already talking about my next order of a female GONG for the Nano to fit all these new bubblers with male joints.

Last edited by a moderator:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Yeah I'll get an IG up once I get adjusted to all of this. I'm not one to take on more than I feel I can handle at one time. I have a pretty extensive portfolio on my Facebook. But I hate Facebook. The only reason I keep it is because of ALL of my glass connections that are on there.

Yeah, totally understandable. I think you may have missed the part where I'm trying to get some glass made and want to see what your dabber/dish sets look like. Not just an example, but it does illustrate my point as far as an artists options to this request.

1. ignore customer and hope they go away or will order anyway
2. spend valuable time digging through their photos to find examples
3. tell customer 'that's stuff's on my IG', where I can look it up myself.

I know 3 isn't an option. Please let me know if it's #1 so I don't hang up time/money longer than needed.

Hoping I'm not coming off jerk-ish. I love glass, but at the end of the day it's business. As soon as I forget that, I start getting in trouble.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
@syrupy I've made 2 dishes that were simple and I never took pics. I'm working on 2 more this week that are super heady and I'll be sure to post pics. I'm not trying to ignore anyone at all. You're always welcome to pm me about anything. Whether it's for a purchase or just to bullshit.

@Ratchett the marble is small because I can't work very large solid pieces on my tiny little torch. Hollow is a different story. I didn't realize the ill gangster lean. If your unhappy feel free to send it back and I'll pop you a new one out.

Top Bottom