Its just not the same anymore...

Nicholas Wolfwood

I bought a DBV months ago and have been using it as my primary smoking device. I have been happy as can be and felt the high from the vape was cleaner but with all the "high" without the retardation of combustion. (Just my term for it, I don't have a problem smoking via combustion) but then for no reason within the past few weeks or so I have been feeling anything beyond a mild head buzz and tingling. Worse if do anything besides sit on the couch the feeling is to weak and I feel practically sober. To feel any sense of tingling in my arms I would have to try and focus and feel it. Sounds crazy right? No one should have to do that to feel a buzz. My roomates and friends would smoke with me and would all get to the point where they turned down their turn and I was still waiting to just really feel it.
I don't know why if this is mind over matter and why it would suddenly happen after months of strong intense highs consistently. I still only use two bowels granted I still am not that high by the end of the night (but enough to be content). If I cant feel the buzz for much longer I may just stop vaping for a while and see if that does anything. I thought the DBV would be all I would need from now on, imagine the irony if I had to end p not using it anymore...
Has anyone else experience a increase in tolerance?
I hope this isn't just all in my head or something either lol

Nicholas Wolfwood,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Just sounds like tolerance to me...

Take an extended break then load up your wand and I guarantee you will be high as a fuck :D

You just have to learn how to control it, at low tolerance 1 PD bowl would get me high, at the other end of the spectrum I've had 10 Supreme bowls in a day (50-60 PD bowls) and felt sober.

Chubba,

Nicholas Wolfwood

Well how long of a break do you usually take to reduce tolerance?

And thank you Iwien, that tip is working great! I haven't gotten that ripped from the vape in a good while lol. I actually have bong very similar to the one you suggest in that thread, its just colored more.

So developing a tolerance to a vape isn't an uncommon thing? I just read a lot of threads and never once have I heard it mentioned before. Thats why I thought perhaps its was all in my mind or something lol

Nicholas Wolfwood,

lwien

Nicholas Wolfwood said:
And thank you Iwien, that tip is working great! I haven't gotten that ripped from the vape in a good while lol.
My pleasure.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
switch up your strains... you can develop different tolerances to different strains. I tend to throw my tolerance for a loop by loading bowls of mixed strains. More than one kind of MJ in my bowl, this helps keep my tolerance at bay for a while.

DevoTheStrange,

Nicholas Wolfwood

Well I can try, I hope the guy I get bud from knows which strain is which lol. How often should I switch it up?

And whats the difference between them again?

Nicholas Wolfwood,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Switching strains will help a lot, as others have said. Taking a week tolerance break will also help a lot too. I do both on a regular basis, to help my own tolerance not get too high.

I've also discovered that using a different vaporizer has also helped me too. :)

Vicki,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Nicholas Wolfwood said:
Well I can try, I hope the guy I get bud from knows which strain is which lol. How often should I switch it up?

And whats the difference between them again?
there is a lot of difference... what you going to be looking at is the plant either indica dominant or sativa dominant.... you will find that each strain has its own qualities that makes them distinct from the next.

DevoTheStrange,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Vape Sativa at a lowish temperature. Set the ABV aside. Keep collecting this. Then when you have enough, vape at a high temperature and hold on to the couch :)

Very roughly speaking (very roughly!) Sativa's are energetic, get you doing things, supposed to be good as an anti depressant and are the opposite of Indica's which are anti anxiety, sedative and couchlock types.

This is debatable, but some people consider that there is a 3rd strain called Afghanica which is purely inbred Afghan Indica. The traits in this strain are exaggerated Indica effects.

Tom

tdavie,

Nicholas Wolfwood

Well then I have been definitely vaping Sativa the past few months. I was energetic and happy, these "body high" Indica do feel a little more sedative but I feel that buzz more than the now week energetic high of Sativa. I guess I have to just hope my usual guy can keep getting Indica for a while then huh? lol

Nicholas Wolfwood,

steiner666

Serial vapist
taking a break is the best way to decrease tolerance of course, which sounds like what your problem is. I used to smoke (yes, back when i smoked) only on the weekends and while it sucked not getting stoned during the week i knew i would at least get retarded come friday night. Then i threw that rule out the window and just started wake-n-baking and smoking every day of the week, but i developed a bit of a tolerance and ended up spending too much on it all. I found middle ground and only let myself vape after sunset.

now days i pretty much stick to the after sunset vaping schedule, unless i'm having a stressful day at the office, i might sneak a few early tokes on the LB then :brow:

Also, try getting more exercise. I find that if i go for a walk for a few miles or ride a stationary bike for ~20mins that I seem to get stoneder next time i vape.

Also, you can harvest wand hash and top some of your bowls with a little bit of that+kief when you need an extra kick.

steiner666,

Nicholas Wolfwood

Wow all great tips steiner666, and I am leaving back for home for Easter for two days. That will be the start of my break and try to start trying to work out more (thats a good justification lol)

Nicholas Wolfwood,
Top Bottom