Issue with my new recycler?

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Received SL15058 from Steven on DHGate the other day and finally got a chance to test it out. I've purchased two other pieces from him and they have been great. Tested with my new CF and it appears it's not functioning as it's supposed to. This is my first recycler so I could be wrong, but I'm not seeing the swirling or "tornado" effect happening. I've tested with several different water levels, and in this video I'm using the same water level Steven is in his video demonstration.

Am I doing something wrong, or is my piece not working the way it should?

AgentofChaos,
Try pulling harder, the bubbles should hit the top of the can. Water needs to enter those holes at the top in order to vortex down the drain.

BHOmb.,

subway13029

At first I was gonna say looked like you had a hole in the perc but I think you need to pull ally harder n that thing..but it looks real restricted with that cf on there..

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Is that your video? Do you have a link to Steven's?

If I had to guess I would say gradually empty out a little water at a time and see if that helps. It definitely looks like it has too much water/drag.

To be honest I'm not sure how it would vortex well since there's no tube(s) feeding the funnel. From the little I know about recyclers the design and placement of those are the key to good vortex function.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
These don't always vortex although with a big pull it might. Think of it as more of a good splash guard on this model. On a big pull you will see the bubbles hit the top of the can and the water will go into the funnel where it will drain back to the bottom of the can. So really it allows higher water levels without any splash in your mouth but I doubt you ill see a lot of vortex from that piece (based on some reviews).

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

My 12" Steven torus will only function with very open airflow, so only when I clear it after disconnecting a vape.

To be honest out of my China glass, not even my most basic pieces have good dynamics, my matrix sidecar functions best but the perc is slightly crooked, honeycombs are generally too high up the can, they really do not care about quality of production.
I'd recommend sticking to simple pieces from DHgate to limit disappointment. There are definitely exceptions to the rule, not everything is poor quality, but I think there are better local options these days that will leave much nicer impressions, and the price difference isn't excessive

Top Bottom