Isomizer

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Has anyone ever heard of an Isomizer. I think this was some kind of device that reportedly would increase the potency of the herb. This was all the rage back in the mid 80's. It seems to have dropped off the planet. If I remember correctly it was fairly expensive. Just wondering if maybe some of the older guys might have heard of it, or even had one.

Lycanthrope,

stinkmeaner

If you mean the Isomerizer then it was an essential oil extractor, an early way to make hash oil, though the device is pretty cool, it is easier and more cost efficient to make hash oil or BHO with butane. Sometimes you can snag one of the original Thai Power ISO 2 Isomerizers on Ebay, but they are usually pretty expensive.

stinkmeaner,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Yes that's it. I just couldn't remember the spelling. That's exactly what I was asking about. I couldn't remember what it actually did do or was used for.

Back in my research lab days I would make weed oil by grinding up some dried weed and or hash or a combination and running it through a Soxhlet extractor using Pharmeco 190 proof alcohol. I would run it over a week end and concentrate it down in the Soxhlet by not adding any additional make up alcohol. The result was a dark amber oil that could cause some serious brain damage and or religious experiences.

Thanks stinkmeaner.

Lycanthrope,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
it was called an isomerizer. I was a socklet extractor using 100%iso. i had one. The only thing i can say is garbage in garbage out. the increase in potency depended on available cbd which could be converted to thc and rotated to delta 9. I made some really good iso hash when i had it but i would start with good columbian and make killer hash about 7-10 gms per oz
:2c:

jackstraw62,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Seems to be the same process that I used in my lab, simple Soxhlet extraction. The good thing for me is I didn't have to pay anything for the Soxhlet as it was mine in the lab. I routinely used a soxhlet to extract epoxy resin and other polymers from hardened cured samples to perform Infrared analysis and gas chromatography. Others in my lab just thought that I was doing a routine polymer extraction, never had a clue. :brow:

Lycanthrope,
Lycanthrope said:
Seems to be the same process that I used in my lab, simple Soxhlet extraction. The good thing for me is I didn't have to pay anything for the Soxhlet as it was mine in the lab. I routinely used a soxhlet to extract epoxy resin and other polymers from hardened cured samples to perform Infrared analysis and gas chromatography. Others in my lab just thought that I was doing a routine polymer extraction, never had a clue. :brow:
King of the lab!

Howie Feltersnatch,
Top Bottom