Is vaping becoming unnecessarily complicated?

Beezleb said:
Some people like vanilla, some people like chocolate.

Or Some people like Espresso, some prefer Americano...

In this case, there is a dimension of Intensity, in addition to distinct flavors.

Hello, btw--Newbie here--pardon the intrusion.

I had a VaporBrothers for many years. Went through 3 actually, I loved it so. Anyway, finally stepped up to the ExtremeQ - Very nice. Hook up the filled Balloon to Bong inflow and Viola!
Icy water cools, humidifies and filters the vapor.

Bit of a set-up

See Video

BoomerBonair,

Tyg

Great Cat
Glad I checked in...I think this is a good thread.

I think vaping apparatus is getting very complicated, and perhaps needlessly so, yet I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing.

I have vaped happily using nothing more than a whip and a heat gun, and could probably get by with a simple glass pipe and a candle. I've enjoyed a hands-free unit with a ceramic heating element, though I found I got my best results bringing the heater to the whip than the other way around. I've used forced hot air with and without the bag, and contact heaters like the MFLB (actually it WAS a mflb and it is still my vape of last resort).

The objective is to explore until you find or create something that works for you. If the aesthetics of the experience are important to you, you're going to want to try a different approach than someone who needs to wring every last molecule out of a bud to be happy. The all important stealth factor means you sacrifice some other aspect. If a group experience is your taste, you need different techniques than someone who wants to use apparatus on hand rather than buy.

Go ahead and make it complicated...try different things...you may be the one to discover an even easier (cheaper, more elegant, more efficient) method to enjoy your herbs.

Submitted for your approval,
Tyg

Tyg,

Egzoset

Banned
There's a paradox in the vaporization world. On one hand the ideal air path should be short and yet have just enough clearance to ease inhalation but as little surface as possible to limit condensation, while also providing maximum turbulence in the vaporization chamber... On the other hand, glassware connoisseurs seem to never have enough hash catchers, bubblers, diffusers and so on. Moreover, things reach an even higher level of complexity as more factors are being taken into account, like GonG joint compatibility, heat retention, whatever. Last but not least, almost every single decent vaporizer appears to come with a price tag of at least 100+$ each and potential/future vaporists are supposed to try them all, ideally speaking of course! In my newbie opinion, "vaping" IS unnecessarily complicated but simply because complexity isn't taking place where it should count most, leaving vunerable customers with some very dificult decisions to make.

Put clearly, no, there's still plenty of room in the art/science of vaporizer design, as far as i'm concerned!

It's time for manufacturers to sweat just a little while: this market needs to get rid of whole obsolete vaporizer generations and move forward. May the best win, and please... NO MORE GLORIFIED SOLDERING IRONS IN TOXEDO!!!

:2c:

Egzoset,

vapirtoo

I love the simplicity of my launch box, but I still got the power
adapter which I also like. After a few days I put the adapter
away and went back to the batteries. The cord and the wall socket
were just to cumbersome.
I use the PA if my batts are all dead. KISS
keep it simple stupid :D

vapirtoo,

max

Out to lunch
2clicker said:
max said:
2clicker said:
the log vapes arent more efficient they just work slower
That's kind of a misleading statement. They don't vaporize slower. They have small bowls and a narrower vapor path than a typical direct draw vape. The design greatly encourages less consumption, and in that respect they're efficient.

ive tried PD and MZ and its like sucking on a milkshake

the smaller bowls and a narrower vapor path do IMO attribute to slower vaporization

id say your getting less actives in each hit with a log vape. and in that sense its vaping slower no...?

the log vape certainly isnt tapping into actives that the other vapes arent or cant. so if a .05g gives you more hits in vape A than it does vape B then that leads me to believe that vape A is vaping less actives each hit... in other words slower.
The vaporization process isn't slower. The vaporizing process is, in the same way smoking a cigarette is slower than a bong bowl full of tobacco is, in delivering a large amount of nicotine.

Tyg said:
The objective is to explore until you find or create something that works for you.
Exactly. The answer to the topic question is no. The 'complicated' aspect is there only if you choose it. We have the same simple vape designs that we've had all along, even some new ones. There are simply more options/designs today for the new vape buyer to consider.

max,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I think the most simple way is the best, and (you can argue) but I feel that the most simple method of vaporization is definitely the Magic Flight Launch Box. It is very simple in design, can be hit "native" for a small airway path, is fairly inexpensive, very efficient, and all around portable. I don't know why anyone would want anything more complicated ;)

I do like the bag vapes though for when there are more people around, because i've had some people who have burnt some stuff in my MFLB, i'm losing hope for people following simple directions :p

Elluzion,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
I don't know why anyone would want anything more complicated

well for me, the "more complicated" is brain-dead accurate temperature control -- i've vaped before without, but not any more. and all glass, only glass air path. It's not all that complicated, really.

Hippie Dickie,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Yeah I'm willing to deal with "more complicated" when in turn you can have a nice, computer regulated temperature instead of having your rate of breathing affect the temp.

aesthyrian,

lwien

Elluzion said:
I think the most simple way is the best, and (you can argue) but I feel that the most simple method of vaporization is definitely the Magic Flight Launch Box. It is very simple in design, can be hit "native" for a small airway path, is fairly inexpensive, very efficient, and all around portable. I don't know why anyone would want anything more complicated ;)

I do like the bag vapes though for when there are more people around, because i've had some people who have burnt some stuff in my MFLB, i'm losing hope for people following simple directions :p

Please explain why you believe that the LB is a more simple vaporization method than using a PD/MZ ?

In my opinion, it's more complex with the added variable of how long you need or not need to keep the battery in contact with the contacts. If kept in too long, you combust. If not kept in long enough, you get green ABV.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

Lwien is spot on, thats why I always have fears about noobies hitting my MFLB(especially since I dont have the pushback ring :uhoh: ), log style vapes are much more simple overall.
But besides the actual hitting procedure for the MFLB, its a pretty simple unit, especially among portables.

Nycdeisel,

Egzoset

Banned
Long Johns...

long_johns.jpg

...popular a century ago.

Who among us would agree to wear exactly those today? Go figure...

:2c:

Egzoset,
Top Bottom