• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Is vaping as good as we think/hope?

This might help you choose

b0c96ff0-c74d-0132-9a56-0e01949ad350.png

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It depends on when that above article was made up. Probably the newer vaporizers aren't included, it looks like just desk style units. Also where the author was from.

It's definetly better than combusting.

I noticed a big change in how I felt when I switched to vaporizing.

I enjoy the process of vaporizing. Being able to experience the different taste in the various strains. I like a strain that is flavorful. I don't like strains that have a terrible taste. I've had different White Widow batches, I don't like the taste of that strain so I don't buy it.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

I enjoy the process of vaporizing. Being able to experience the different taste in the various strains. I like a strain that is flavorful. I don't like strains that have a terrible taste. I've had different White Widow batches, I don't like the taste of that strain so I don't buy it.

I think this is where vaporizing really shines! If we choose to enjoy this plant and all it offers, setting it on fire is a sure way to limit that enjoyment.
Smokers are very quick to comment on how tasty vapour is, even when it's basically ABV and tasting bad to me, they say it tastes amazing almost every time.

I do agree that some bud tastes weird, especially if the plant wasn't flushed before harvesting - and I am a bit concerned that vaporizing offers higher exposure and additional risk with these conditions.
I got some 'Incredible Hulk' once, and it had the strangest flavour, wasn't much a fan.
I have had some success with White Widow, though not from a professional source (wish I had the option). The food the plant gets really sets the main stage of flavour IME.

Anyway, there's plenty of evidence to prove that vaping is healthier than smoking, absolutely.
But the actual risk, and even the art of vaping itself, is really lacking study.

machine.screw

The vapor resin is just cooled vapor. Along the walls of the vapor path its cooled by the outside air quickly. The wall of the vapor path colder than the vapor and disperse the vapor and condense the air. Get the vapor goo tested if worried. I've here it can be 60% THC. Bioten works to rehidrate your mouth well so does water :myday:

machine.screw,
Reactions: looney2nz

Hotz

The Good Word on Vaporizers

Devotees of the plant, please gather around. Although knowledge is scarce, we have it right here. Many a man and woman has asked the burning question: Do vaporizers work? I can only say that in The Church of Empiricism we have done our due diligence, gathered the data, and drawn definitive conclusions tempered only by the usual cautions inherent in Science with a capital “S.”

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
If cooking veggies over a hot flame and oil isn't dangerous, then neither is vaping. We release way more amounts of plant and other compounds when we cook and there has not been an epidemic of chefs with lung cancer :2c:

yogoshio,

MoltenTiger

If cooking veggies over a hot flame and oil isn't dangerous, then neither is vaping. We release way more amounts of plant and other compounds when we cook and there has not been an epidemic of chefs with lung cancer :2c:
Probably a good analogy, but we use induction hoods and typically don't expose our selves to deep breathing of these particles cooking in the kitchen.

But you raise a good point, anecdotally it seems quite safe. There are people out there who have years of experience with no noticeable ill side effects.
And from the limited studies done, nothing too volatile or otherwise dangerous has been identified in alarming quantities, suggesting that it is relatively safe.

MoltenTiger,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
One of the reasons why I am using more concentrates than anything, less inactives to deal with in the vapor.

psychonaut,
Reactions: looney2nz

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Found this earlier in the year from Dr. Ethan Russo on Reddit's AMA:

Dear Ethan,

What is the most effective way (to get the most bang for your buck so to speak) to take cannabis? Joint, pipe, oil/extract, vaporizer, etc

What is the healthiest way to take cannabis?

• Ethan_Russo:
    Healthiest is oral or oromucosal administration. Vaporization reduces, but does not eliminate potentially toxic by-products (polyaromatic hydrocarbons, ammonia, etc.).

For anyone into reading medical literature this is more recent:
Vaporized Cannabis Eases Neuropathic Pain in Patients with Spinal Cord Injury

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
These are the same aromatics that come from cooking any plant material, which is why I disagree that its harmful.

yogoshio,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Without question, vaping is better than combustion and its horrible by-products.

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for the simple reason that I've never been able to crack this riddle.....

If this were true, then how do we have octogenarians that have combusted for 60+ years with little to no effects?

"Vape Nash 4 Lyfe" is what I say, but I'm still puzzled with the amount of young at heart tokers who are still with us and showing no signs of stopping.

Zingbuddah,
Reactions: Gregori

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for the simple reason that I've never been able to crack this riddle.....

If this were true, then how do we have octogenarians that have combusted for 60+ years with little to no effects?

There's no way to know if an 80 year old who combusts would have lived to be 105 if they didn't combust. Individual results vary. No two people are the same.

Many factors--genetics, lifestyle (heavy drinker, etc), stress, outlook on life, diet, on and on.... A single behavior like combusting can't predict lifespan. Human life is a complicated affair.

MoltenTiger

"Vape Nash 4 Lyfe" is what I say, but I'm still puzzled with the amount of young at heart tokers who are still with us and showing no signs of stopping.
If you had a mixed line of 50 year olds with only smokers and only vaporists, do you think you could differentiate them at distance of 5m?

I have no idea, but there's not many 50 year old smokers I've met who would surprise me when they disclaim their passion. I guess mostly it would depend on intake.
But, I certainly feel substantial difference in my own health after quitting smoking and continuing vaping at ludicrous rates. But I mixed with tobacco whilst smoking :mental:

Interestingly, I am currently having my first few days off, after possibly over a year, from cannabis.
The difference in withdrawal symptoms is alarming. I basically haven't noticed anything this time round, where as before I used to feel physically sick for a few days, very run-down and had insomnia. It was nasty. Not to mention the amount of tar I would hack up and the noticeable toll on the lungs.

Does anyone have any experiences like this after stopping combustion of cannabis only?

V/\

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Yup, it's that whole risk/reward ratio thing that ALWAYS comes into play.

Ummm......I'm not sure if that's what I said. But then again........hmmmmm....:hmm:

I guess what I meant was that if one doesn't need to inhale anything into their lungs to help them function better than anything other than clean air may tip the risk/reward scale more towards the risk, but............if one does need to inhale something into their lungs to help them function better, than the scale may very well tip into the reward area.

counterpoint...

A quality vape with a 1-1 CBD-THC ratio product would be (and WAS) on the top of my list for friends and relatives undergoing Lung Cancer treatment. I would however want to either use a water-tool or something like that stainless 'Plenty' mouthpiece that cools the vapor (still wonder what cleaning is like, probably a LOT of condensate!). Well filtered, cooled and humidified a bit, it delivers important medication to the target in a safe manner.

considering the alternative of having to blaze something (which is VASTLY worse on your lungs), which I'm loathe to do in any case... I'll stick with vapes and water tools.

I haven't had any issues yet from vaporizing ecig liquids for the past 7 years (propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, and countless natural and artificial flavorings.) That's not to say that something won't come up.

Certainly not as good as clean air. That is an interesting baseline as most people live in areas where the air's not exactly clean or healthy, and it varies from one major metropolis to another. I'd think breathing in vapor from my crafty in the mountains would be healthier than breathing in city smog, vaporizer or not.

I think it's more a more a matter of the temp and humidity of the vaporizer and it's accumulative effects, as bronchia like to stay body temp and moist.

looney2nz,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Counterpoint? I agree with everything you said. What point of mine did you counter?

The premise that vaping could be viewed as inherently harmful (inhaling hot air with small particulates).
Sorry if I misread it! :) finished a 5 day cannabis holiday, medicated... that should save me some money! :)

looney2nz,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I've used cannabis for many years, like since the 1970s. I smoked for a long time not cigs only weed and knew I needed to switch to vaporizing. I had a friend that had the Vapir No. 1. Its loud and looks like a blow dryer. I bought me one too. This was about 6 years ago. I didn't like the No. 1 and ended up going back to smoking my little pipe and joints. I knew I was developing a smoker's cough.

Eventually I did some research online. Found FC then I saw the No. 2, @Vitolo 's YouTube video and bought it in Jan. 2012. Vito your famous online. About 14 vaporizers later..... I'm so glad that I was able to switch to vaporizing when I did. With the help of the FC community I was able to fuckcombustion four years ago.

Just recently I needed to have a full chest X-ray. I was worried that maybe I had smokers lungs. My lungs were clear with just some minor scarring like from having mild pneumonia which I had in my 30s.

With vaporizing it gives you the freedom to medicate and not worry about a lot of smell in the air and attached to your hair, skin and clothing. Also your lungs and body's not absorbing the harmful chemicals from smoking.

If you dont want to vaporize there is always edibles.

Top Bottom