Is vaping as good as we think/hope?

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
I am 25 years old and I have been indulging in Cannabis for almost ten years now. I have only been vaporizing for about 2 and a half months (my herbalizer arrived Nov. 30th 2016) and I have noticed significant changes. In not just my lung performance, but my overall physical health. I also have a lot more money to spare on other things because I do not have to purchase weed so often any more.

My teeth aren't as stained as they used to be. While my lips are still kind of black they are nowhere near as black as they used to be. I used to roll my weed in backwoods. That shit used to kill my throat, turn my lips black, and leave me out of breath. I used to smoke so much that I would be out of breath from just walking to the gas station. Nowadays if I am running late I can sprint to my car and still be able to breathe once I step inside. I used to be a cross country runner but after about 4 years of smoking I just couldn't do it any more. I think I can finally take up running again (which was a passion greater than weed for me)

Vaping may not be completely healthy but shit...it's kinda giving me my life back. Piece by piece. I have been able to put up money but still get high every single day. My quality of life has improved substantially ever since I decided to say, "fuck combustion".

stonedbob

100% THC
I am 25 years old and I have been indulging in Cannabis for almost ten years now. I have only been vaporizing for about 2 and a half months (my herbalizer arrived Nov. 30th 2016) and I have noticed significant changes. In not just my lung performance, but my overall physical health. I also have a lot more money to spare on other things because I do not have to purchase weed so often any more.

My teeth aren't as stained as they used to be. While my lips are still kind of black they are nowhere near as black as they used to be. I used to roll my weed in backwoods. That shit used to kill my throat, turn my lips black, and leave me out of breath. I used to smoke so much that I would be out of breath from just walking to the gas station. Nowadays if I am running late I can sprint to my car and still be able to breathe once I step inside. I used to be a cross country runner but after about 4 years of smoking I just couldn't do it any more. I think I can finally take up running again (which was a passion greater than weed for me)

Vaping may not be completely healthy but shit...it's kinda giving me my life back. Piece by piece. I have been able to put up money but still get high every single day. My quality of life has improved substantially ever since I decided to say, "fuck combustion".
thats what we talking about :science:

you can use weed in many easier methods, but vaping is the real deal... :sherlock:

howie105

Is vapeing as good as we think/hope?.......Depends on the individual, everyone has a different set of experiences and expectations. With that in mind there is no reason why we shouldn't have a wide range of position on the question. For myself all methods of consumption have their own advantages and disadvantages and I choose to enjoy most of them. Except for the ones that make me back flush into my glass and vaporizer.

howie105,

little maggie

I used cannabis during my twenties and thirties but had to stop both because I was being monitored for a transplant and I couldn't tolerate choking and coughing every time I tried to smoke- even with water. I was able to start again once I discovered vaping. Since I don't like the sensation of edibles, vaping is my only option. And especially given the article I posted in the med section, it's a good option for me.

I prefer convection for several reasons. A major one is that I waste much less herb. I almost always use water because I have COPD and my throat will get irritated without it. Dynavap is an exception for some reason.

Last edited:

Farid

I keep wondering if convection is as good as we think/hope. I feel like the only person who doesnt care about convection or user replaceable batteries

I find that with some convection devices with short air paths, my throat gets irritated from directly inhaling hot air from the heating element. The taste is superior to conduction, however. I find I am most satisfied with vapor that has some elements of both. Too much conduction seems to irritate my lungs and make me cough. I don't know if it has to do with the vapor density, or how quickly the conduction vapor settles in the lungs compared to convection vapor, but I'd be interested in some studies comparing the two. They definitely have different physical properties.

To tie it back into this thread, I'd be very interested to see how the different properties of vapor effect the health effects from it.

MinnBobber

I find that with some convection devices with short air paths, my throat gets irritated from directly inhaling hot air from the heating element. The taste is superior to conduction, however. I find I am most satisfied with vapor that has some elements of both
........................................................................................................................
I find the best answer, for me, is still convection BUT with a tiny bit of water/diffusion to take the hot edge off (actually more to take the dry dry edge off). Best with warm water in the bubbler to maximize the added moisture AND to minimize the goodies lost to warm or hot water, vs cold water).

"Modified convection" makes for a much more pleasant vapor, with only the tiniest bit of goodies lost and still with the super efficiency of convection.

But everyone is different and has different preferences :)

Interestingly, I am currently having my first few days off, after possibly over a year, from cannabis.
The difference in withdrawal symptoms is alarming. I basically haven't noticed anything this time round, where as before I used to feel physically sick for a few days, very run-down and had insomnia. It was nasty. Not to mention the amount of tar I would hack up and the noticeable toll on the lungs.

Does anyone have any experiences like this after stopping combustion of cannabis only?

V/\

Where I'm from there is a culture of mixing the green with tobacco for a doob or a bowl.

I have never smoked a cigarette in my life but I was addict to nicotine. This addiction became conflated with me loving the herbs.

When I said FC 3 years ago. It took me a week to get over what I now know, was the nicotine cravings. Now I have regular breaks to put a dent in to my Coco Diaz level tolerance with no negative effects.

I am also interested to know, if you combust with non nicotine products is there any withdrawal? Doesnt make sense why there would be but still, Im keen to hear someones POV on this.

Squiby

I am also interested to know, if you combust with non nicotine products is there any withdrawal? Doesnt make sense why there would be but still, Im keen to hear someones POV on this.

I don't ever combust

But...

I vape a microdose of around 0.15-0.02 gm of bud throughout the day every day, every 2-3 hours.

I end up in the hospital for a week or so every so often, so I have unplanned breaks from mj. I have never felt that it has addictive tendencies. I vape again when I get home just like I might make a cup of tea, and I savour both.

But never have I felt any withdrawal symptoms from taking an mj break.

I don't ever combust

But...

I vape a microdose of around 0.15-0.02 gm of bud throughout the day every day, every 2-3 hours.

I end up in the hospital for a week or so every so often, so I have unplanned breaks from mj. I have never felt that it has addictive tendencies. I vape again when I get home just like I might make a cup of tea, and I savour both.

But never have I felt any withdrawal symptoms from taking an mj break.

Since saying FC I havent experienced any negative symptoms of being off MJ for a few days.

I think I was echoing the sentiments in the first post I quoted, whether any MJ only combusters can offer any insight in to this.

Peace.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Vaporizing and using cannabis can only become better health wise in the future. With the legalization and folks demanding to know how their cannabis was grown. Many cannabis users want an organic product. With legalization in CA now along with other states hopefully we can get there - sooner the better.

In WA state we do have companies that produce an organic product but there aren't very many to choose from. I also question the authenticity of said organic product.

Vaporizing is waaaaay superior to smoking your herb.

A legal west coast of America. I never thought I'd live to see it.

Last edited:

little maggie

Here is a bit from an article:
Vaporizers are a much better option if you’re going to smoke it, not only because it’s much more discreet, but it introduces cannabinoids into the bloodstream as a gas through heat, rather than as smoke due to combustion. Vaping also reduces any possible exposure to harmful toxins/byproducts because the marijuana is never burned.

Baron23

Vaporizers are a much better option if you’re going to smoke it, not only because it’s much more discreet, but it introduces cannabinoids into the bloodstream as a gas through heat, rather than as smoke due to combustion. Vaping also reduces any possible exposure to harmful toxins/byproducts because the marijuana is never burned.
How you feeling, Maggie. Recovering well, I hope. :):cheers:

C No Ego

smoking too vaporizes the herb next to the heat... the little heated cherry is the vaporizer vaporizing the herb while you draw on it... all the smoke though comes with it whereas with a proper vaporizer no smoke and just a heat source that gets air pulled through it...

CloudyDayz

A long time ago, I first tried vaping and it didn't really take with me. I went back to burning and have exclusively for at least 6 years. I had a pretty annoying smoker's cough that I always assumed was from cigarettes. I quit those but the cough remained. After I'd been off cigs for a few months I felt like trying vaping again so I picked up a Vapir No2 from my local shop. For the first few days I only did it because I felt sick of smoking and it was a nice change .. but then I noticed my smokers cough went away!

So now I've decided to get all serious about vaping only. No combustion of anything. I even replaced my incense burner with an essential oil diffuser, lol. Is it as good as we hope? I don't know. .there's at least a possibility it is . .and it's 100% better than smoking .. and let's face it, I'm not really going to convert to edibles.

CloudyDayz,

hinglemccringleberry

I find that with some convection devices with short air paths, my throat gets irritated from directly inhaling hot air from the heating element. The taste is superior to conduction, however. I find I am most satisfied with vapor that has some elements of both. Too much conduction seems to irritate my lungs and make me cough. I don't know if it has to do with the vapor density, or how quickly the conduction vapor settles in the lungs compared to convection vapor, but I'd be interested in some studies comparing the two. They definitely have different physical properties.
@Farid can you elaborate on exactly how convection tastes better than conduction? I want to know if the initial flavor is the same? Is on-demand convection only better tasting because it's on-demand and doesn't 'roast' the load as quickly? Do the first 1-2 hits of a fresh load of herb at 345F taste the same regardless of conduction or convection, and the taste advantage of convection is only because the initial pure flavor lasts much longer?

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: DirtyD

Farid

@Farid can you elaborate on exactly how convection tastes better than conduction? I want to know if the initial flavor is the same? Is on-demand convection only better tasting because it's on-demand and doesn't 'roast' the load as quickly? Do the first 1-2 hits of a fresh load of herb at 345F taste the same regardless of conduction or convection, and the taste advantage of convection is only because the initial pure flavor lasts much longer?

Great questions. I think you're right in that it's the on demand nature that I really like, and the only true on demand experiences I have had is with logs, which are mostly convection. I agree with you that it is the roasing of material that destroys flavor, so I prefer units which can clear a load in very few hits. This explains why I like the vacap so much, despite the hybrid conduction/convection element of it's vapor. I don't find the flavor suffers in the vapcap because I can keep the loads small.

The only on demand conduction experience I have had is with the MFLB, and come to think of it, I always preferred a paper thin layer of kief to a full load of bud because I could clear the whole thing in a few rips, and the flavour wouldn't degrade.

Also come to think of it the reason I stopped using the lotus was because I got sick of charring bowls, but that was only happening because I was packing it full to the brim every time.

You bring up some very good points. While I agree that the 1st hits taste similar I think convection flavor changes less with subsequent hits if the temperature can be kept consistent. That said, I think it's harder to keep a convection device at a specific temperature because draw speed is a much more important factor, so there are cases where convection flavor degrades quicker because of charring.

organic weed

A few month ago I simply decided to quit vaping. I noticed the impact it had in my lung, especially during my exercise. I feel better.
I don't want to risk and if I could go back in time -- impossible unfortunately-- I wouldn't even start...

organic weed,

biohacker

A few month ago I simply decided to quit vaping. I noticed the impact it had in my lung, especially during my exercise. I feel better.
I don't want to risk and if I could go back in time -- impossible unfortunately-- I wouldn't even start...

You failed to mention that you have a health condition (rhinitis?). Context is hugely important here. But thanks for coming back and sharing your experience. Kudos for sticking through it! I could use a protracted break from the beloved herb myself.

C No Ego

without reading the entire thread- did you do cannabis edibles? are you not liking cannabis effects or just not liking administration ( vaping) ?

C No Ego,
Reactions: biohacker

organic weed

without reading the entire thread- did you do cannabis edibles? are you not liking cannabis effects or just not liking administration ( vaping) ?

I did do edibles but after quitting for a few months you do not really have much craving for weed any longer. You soon start diversifying your spare time doing a lot of other different things... I started exercising and preparing for a half marathon and joined a running club with a bunch of other people my age and 20/30 years+ older (I'm in my 40ies).

I was really a weed enthusiast, growing my own batch but I felt weed decreased my life quality... it didn't enhance it, so I've lost appetite for that... who knows about the far future eventually... not everybody is different.

Maybe if I could have sticked to a couple of sessions per months, the outcome would have been different. But I had a slightly addictive personality and weed is addictive itself, so twice/month session was out of question for me. It's all about moderation, but I was reading in another 3D that most people vaporize 6+ times per day... so moderation is for a few selected...

It was painful at the beginning to give up -- I invested a lot of money in leds, seeds, learning all tricks, etc... -- but I've learnt on the process how to give up things that are not good for your health. Maybe this has helped me improve in some other aspects..

This is my experience. Life is one and it's on everybody responsibility to live it in the best way possible. I tried and I thought there was a permanent space for weed in my life but somehow I am happy to discover also the opposite... it's all about what makes you feel good or better off, and weed wasn't really making it for me...

biohacker

Huge respect @organic weed for being able to abstain! I have seen a sneak peak of this life you are describing, and hope to join you one day....not abstaining forever, but just a new relationship with the herb and setting priorities in life. Being sober is a high in itself when you are constantly medicated lol

Top Bottom