Is this quality concentrate?

cellardoor

3TIJ6oF.jpg

So I'm not really in a living situation where I can make my own oil and I'm not in a state where I can go out to a dispensary and buy some. I found this connection through a friend who has it through some friends he has at a head shop, I'm told it's very good oil and that it's extracted with CO2. I doubt this though because the consistency is very waxy and I've heard CO2 oil is more like honey.

My question for FC: Is this good concentrate? I know it's hard to tell without trying it but does it look good? It tastes very nice to me but I've never had anything but low quality homemade bho. Is it possible that it is C02 extracted? Do you think it should be worth (prohibition prices) $50/g? Also what's a good reasonably priced vape to use this with? Like I said the consistency is waxy but not too solid and I've been dabbing it but I have to use a friend's rig and I want something a bit more convenient and portable. I'm very new to concentrates and would really appreciate some wisdom.

Also to the mods I wasn't sure if this was better for the concentrates section or for ask FC so I put it here, if it needs to be moved I apologize.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
From appearance, it looks frickin great. $50/g not so sure at that price?

deadheadbill,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Looks like some nice oil from here man.

CO2 oil tho.... nah i really really doubt it.

Vapes to use in.... Thermovape or Delta9Vapes all the way for portable use imo. Torching Ti at the house

Price. Dont know about your state being non med but 50/g for somethin of what i would guess as a B+ quality doesnt sound insane to me.

VAPORIZER22

Looks like some nice oil from here man.

CO2 oil tho.... nah i really really doubt it.

Vapes to use in.... Thermovape or Delta9Vapes all the way for portable use imo. Torching Ti at the house

Price. Dont know about your state being non med but 50/g for somethin of what i would guess as a B+ quality doesnt sound insane to me.

I agree, looks good to me. I have been getting some Tahoe OG wax that has the same color and consistency as your oil. Whether it is worth $50g is really subjective.

You have to ask your self how many doses would you get from that gram and figure if the price is worth it. I have been trying to get my tolerance down and from a gram of high quality wax that runs anywhere from $40-$50 a gram at a dispensary, I am able to get about 25-30 doses from it. To me it is worth it because one dose leaves me medicated for a good 3 hours and the flavor of the wax is amazing.

If you are in a non medical state, $50g does not seem out of reason as long as it gives you good value for the money.

cellardoor

Thank you so much everybody, it's nice to know we aren't as bad off as we think we are in the prohibition states.

cellardoor,

green2brown

That definitely looks like a butane extract. CO2 concentrates tend to be thick, sticky amber oils that turn into an amber shatter when refrigerated.

As far as price, it's really up to you whether you think it's worth it. But as a reference point, I pay $40-$50/g for CO2 at my dispensary, and anywhere between $25-$50 for BHOs at various dispensaries, though the $40-$50 range beats the hell out of anything I've tried cheaper. So in a non-MMJ state without easy access to concentrates, I think $50/g is fair. The photo you posted looks like some quality budder.

Nosferatu

I hate to sound lame but wax is a dangerous thing when you don't know who it's coming from. I would just forget about it and stick to bud, I'm saying this even being in CA. This is certainly not C02 oil. The equipment to make real CO2 oil is over $30,000. The fact this guy is lying I wouldn't trust his product to be properly made and purged BHO. I'm not even touching concentrates anymore untill lab tested is easily available. I'm mainly interested in testing for contaminants more than potency.

Nosferatu,

OO

Technical Skeptical
It's whatever you value it at.

The compounds you are looking for are very sticky, in high purities they are like tree sap in consistency.

The best way to determine purity for you is to heat it up in the smallest increments you can, fractions of a degree are best, the quicker it turns from a solid into a liquid, the higher the purity, but the more increments it takes, the less pure the sample.

I would ignore the comments by nosferatu, he would be hard pressed to back up those statements.
If he backs them up, there may be reason to accept them, but I find those comments far too accusatory and far-fetched.

CO2 is non-polar like butane, and extract similar compounds, waxyness has everything to do with the starting material's wax concentration, as well as waxes picked up along the way.

OO,

scottfree

People are shady, so are clubs its all about $, I make my own with lab grade materials and lab grade equipment only. The look doesn't mean shit as far as quality or purity, there are a couple ways to make shitty oil look good, One thing I hate is people adding water to your bho as your blasting will make it very light colored but traps water but it makes it yellow as fuck which is good for people selling cuz most people assume that its good, Even labs dont test for shit... except butane, but what about fats, waxes, lipids, bacteria and what about just plain old dust or lint or any other shit that flew in the pan when some dude made in his back yard with his dog running around lol get the picture. I can end up with honeycomb or shatter from the same strain and process just have to to finish a little different. Just have to trust who your getting it from and ask him his process. And if worse comes to worse get whatever wax or oil you can get, dissolve in ethanol (everclear 190), freeze it for a day, you will notice all the waxes, fats, and lipids have coagulated, filter the solution with non bleached coffee filter, then cook off the ethanol on a pyrex dish not ever going above 130F.

Nosferatu

First of all I only made 1 comment. I was simply trying to say if you don't know who you are getting it from I wouldn't be so quick to consume it. A friend of a friend who claims it's CO2(Which it is clearly not) doesn't sound very reliable. C02 is like a soft amber gel. Good BHO will be like OO said a sap that should basically shatter when it's cold. If your in a situation where this is all you would have access to for a long time I would not take up dabbing quite yet. This is just my opinion but I will stick to it even though it seems extreme. Purging to remove butane is one thing and even assuming this guy did a great job it's more a question of the source material. This was most likely made from a mix of trimmings and crumbs and the thing with concentrates is you also concentrate all the pesticides, herbicides, and crap in the bud you use. Call me paranoid but this is just my perspective on something I'm gonna put in my body everyday. Wait until you find someone running quality buds and doing it with a lab grade procedure like scottfree is saying. Just trying to save you a headache OP. :peace:

Nosferatu,

OO

Technical Skeptical
First of all I only made 1 comment. I was simply trying to say if you don't know who you are getting it from I wouldn't be so quick to consume it. A friend of a friend who claims it's CO2(Which it is clearly not) doesn't sound very reliable. C02 is like a soft amber gel. Good BHO will be like OO said a sap that should basically shatter when it's cold. If your in a situation where this is all you would have access to for a long time I would not take up dabbing quite yet. This is just my opinion but I will stick to it even though it seems extreme. Purging to remove butane is one thing and even assuming this guy did a great job it's more a question of the source material. This was most likely made from a mix of trimmings and crumbs and the thing with concentrates is you also concentrate all the pesticides, herbicides, and crap in the bud you use. Call me paranoid but this is just my perspective on something I'm gonna put in my body everyday. Wait until you find someone running quality buds and doing it with a lab grade procedure like scottfree is saying. Just trying to save you a headache OP. :peace:
LOL
Please reread my post. It's natural for it to become waxy depending on the plant. Plant to plant it will not make a difference of the solvent used. Butane is essentially the same as CO2 when it comes to an extracting solvent, polarites are similar, and I don't think I've ever heard of a case where butane was still trapped in the material in any significant quantity.

Please read this carefully.
http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs+hsdb:@term+@DOCNO+944

Butane even if it was present in significant quantities, would still not pose a risk.

I'm not calling you paranoid, I'm calling you a spreader of misinformation. Please try to understand the difference.

OO,

Nosferatu

LOL
When did I express butane is something I was worried about? I agree that it is not harmful in these amounts, even in poorly purged oil, but do you think butane is the only possible contaminant? It is true that if the source material(herb) was grown with any non food safe herbicides and pesticides, insecticides or PGR's, it will end up in the concentrate, and it WILL be concentrated just like the cannabinoids, fats, lipids, waxes, what have you. These are what have been proven to reak havoc on the nervous system and body, even in relatively small amounts. What misinformation did I spread?

Nosferatu,

scottfree

Thanks Nosferatu, butane is the least of our worries because thats easy to tell if its not purged properly. I know many people that thought they could make BHO with moldy tree cuz they could not sell it, and thought the butane killed mold LMAO, when it just concentrates it... I once saw a guy sneeze twice right over the pyrex.. do you wanna dab mucas lol most people are carless and Im OCD lol, yea he could dab and be fine but you never know and we were just trying to warn the guy so hes not clueless, and the plant does not determine the if its going to be wax/shatter... read this article might help http://askdrrose.com/?p=83 and forgot if they use cheap butane there is not just butane in those cans.These chemicals are usually Mercaptans or Sulfur Dioxide (Rotten Egg Smell), using cheap butane with high levels of these is harmfu

scottfree,
Reactions: Nosferatu

OO

Technical Skeptical
LOL
When did I express butane is something I was worried about? I agree that it is not harmful in these amounts, even in poorly purged oil, but do you think butane is the only possible contaminant? It is true that if the source material(herb) was grown with any non food safe herbicides and pesticides, insecticides or PGR's, it will end up in the concentrate, and it WILL be concentrated just like the cannabinoids, fats, lipids, waxes, what have you. These are what have been proven to reak havoc on the nervous system and body, even in relatively small amounts. What misinformation did I spread?
So what makes CO2 any different?

OO,

Nosferatu

The solvent used?

I may have mistyped my first post I simply meant that if the guy is claiming it's C02 when it is clearly BHO, makes me wonder how good of BHO it is.

Nosferatu,

SD_haze

The look doesn't mean shit as far as quality or purity, there are a couple ways to make shitty oil look good, One thing I hate is people adding water to your bho as your blasting will make it very light colored but traps water but it makes it yellow as fuck which is good for people selling cuz most people assume that its good, Even labs dont test for shit...
:argh:

Sometimes ignorance is bliss hehe... Still glad you shared if that yellowing thing is true.

SD_haze,
Top Bottom