• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Is this mold, or something else?

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Truth be told most herb has a trace amounts of mold I just wouldn't touch anything that extreme looking, hope its all good though and you are fine from it...

Rare

I hate worrying about moldy buds.. Please update us OP.. Hopefully you're fine haha. Have you completely finished all of that? Or have you still got some to go through

Rare,
Reactions: Radio

weedemon

enthusiast
for moldy bud if it's dry, and you take out a nug: snap it in half and you see a lasting dust cloud fire up into the air. that is definitely mold. :(

weedemon,
Reactions: Radio

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I gave up trying to use them tiny 60-100X hand-held microscopes, instant headache. I do not recommend, they take a ton of light and the frame is very very small. When you get to the higher magnifications, any slight movement on your end is huge on the magnified end.

I'd suggest using a reversed DSL-R lens if you can get a hold of one (an old cheap Manual Focus 50mm works great), or invest in a cheap microscope. Or even better, a stereo microscope so everything is in 3-D, :nod:

Then you can even start checking out them trichs, see if they harvested at the right time.

Tweak,

hd_rider

I've used several loupes and I find them difficult at best. It can be challenging to hold them still in order to get a clear image. What works best for me is using my high-resolution digital camera in macro mode. I take a bunch of pics of my medicine and then look at them on the PC. I can pan and scan and zoom in on suspect areas or trichs to check maturity.

hd_rider,
Reactions: Tweak

grokit

well-worn member
You would definitely notice a spider mite infestation so you should be good there.

If it's a live plant, for sure it's quite easy to recognize the webs of death (to the plant). But once the bud's been cured I can see the issue isn't quite so clear cut/obvious.
That said, there's some very good points made in this thread including yours :tup:

grokit,
Reactions: sasNW
Top Bottom