Is there any way to remove a glass screen from a WPA?

Glass screens suck. LOL Way too much restriction for me. I like big hits... real big hits. Been a bong user most of my life and then a joint smoker.

You folks here are converting me to vaping and many of the adapters I have bought are simply unsatisfying merely from the lung fatigue I get trying to get a good hit. This is the main reason I abandoned my Arizer Solo years ago.

The wonderful people here have turned me on to using water with vapes so you have turned me from joints.... back to my beloved bong.

So, I bought a WPA for all my vapes (which is now numbering over a dozen LOL).

Well, the Solo WPA sucked. Glass screen can't get a hit.

The Fury2 extra large (LMAO at that one) only holds enough for a half a hit and you can't hit that because no air gets through those tiny itty bity glass holes. Heaven forbid a tiny bit of buildup would get around them. LOL

I won't go into detail about the dissatisfaction for every WPA and a vivid description of each but, in short... most of these adapters would be awesome if I could knock out the glass screen and replace it with a standard screen (or in many cases, nothing at all).

I am not incredibly handy with tools. I can sharpen a pencil and I can drill a hole... kind of. LOL

I have managed to break the little holes out in every single glass pipe bowl I have ever tried to clean so I am definitely capable of breaking glass. LOL

I don't imagine these are press fit. I am thinking they are heated in when the piece is hot so there's no way to get it out other than breaking it out.

I have a Dremmel tool. Can I grind glass? I hate to break all my new WPAdapters but they are all useless to me now so I might as well try.

I figured I couldn't be the only one here who has wanted to do this so I thought I would ask before I start breaking things.

Thanks for everything FC..... you're quite a forum.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Glass screens suck. LOL Way too much restriction for me. I like big hits... real big hits. Been a bong user most of my life and then a joint smoker.

You folks here are converting me to vaping and many of the adapters I have bought are simply unsatisfying merely from the lung fatigue I get trying to get a good hit. This is the main reason I abandoned my Arizer Solo years ago.

The wonderful people here have turned me on to using water with vapes so you have turned me from joints.... back to my beloved bong.

So, I bought a WPA for all my vapes (which is now numbering over a dozen LOL).

Well, the Solo WPA sucked. Glass screen can't get a hit.

The Fury2 extra large (LMAO at that one) only holds enough for a half a hit and you can't hit that because no air gets through those tiny itty bity glass holes. Heaven forbid a tiny bit of buildup would get around them. LOL

I won't go into detail about the dissatisfaction for every WPA and a vivid description of each but, in short... most of these adapters would be awesome if I could knock out the glass screen and replace it with a standard screen (or in many cases, nothing at all).

I am not incredibly handy with tools. I can sharpen a pencil and I can drill a hole... kind of. LOL

I have managed to break the little holes out in every single glass pipe bowl I have ever tried to clean so I am definitely capable of breaking glass. LOL

I don't imagine these are press fit. I am thinking they are heated in when the piece is hot so there's no way to get it out other than breaking it out.

I have a Dremmel tool. Can I grind glass? I hate to break all my new WPAdapters but they are all useless to me now so I might as well try.

I figured I couldn't be the only one here who has wanted to do this so I thought I would ask before I start breaking things.

Thanks for everything FC..... you're quite a forum.

I don't have any advice about your actual question but Id throw out a recommendation to get a proper enail setup.......there you WILL find those hits you're looking for as most portable vapes, IMO, are for sippers and also IMO can hold you back from fully F'nC as they constantly leave you wanting....

ensabbahnur,
@ensabbahnur I ordered an E-Nano from Epicvape and if that doesn't do it, a Flowerpot with showerhead is next. LOL

Thanks

@steama Yeah, my Dremmel will be my weapon of choice but I thought maybe someone had some trick method that was slam bam. LOL

Thanks

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@Hackerman I can’t help with removing the screen but...
are you making sure to keep the herb loose in stem, in other words not tamped down?
It will end up using less herb, which you may not like, but it should keep airflow flowing.

Jill NYC,
@Jill NYC I'm sure that's not it because even EMPTY the hit is too restrictive. LOL

I'm just weird. Always seems like I need more of everything that would normally satisfy everyone else. Big hits.... really really big hits. LMAO

Thanks for the tip, though. :)

Hackerman,
Reactions: Jill NYC
Top Bottom