Is there an app or website to help identify what type herb i have?

Ricardo

Leafly, maybe.... But you're never going to ID anything unless you have at least an idea of the name. You want to take a photo of the bud, upload it and get an ID? That would be awesome :leaf:

Ricardo,
Reactions: Squiby

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
That don't even sound like no herb I done evah smoked. lol just pulling your chain. Like they said, leafly is your best bet. I like seedfinder since it lists retailers and strain history when possible, but for effect and composition, leafly definitely.

thisperson,
Reactions: Squiby

hoptimum

Good question. Im sure the technology is available to sort out the genetics. Leafly is good if you know a name, and has lots if pictures you can peruse. Why dont you post a pic. Someone might recognize it

hoptimum,

david8613

Good question. Im sure the technology is available to sort out the genetics. Leafly is good if you know a name, and has lots if pictures you can peruse. Why dont you post a pic. Someone might recognize it

Thats a good idea, when i get back home wil do.

david8613,
Reactions: hoptimum

zor

I've found that identification by phenotype is extremely haphazard and error prone. I can't tell you the number of different girl scout cookies I've come across, varying considerably in color, smell, and appearance. Are these totally different strains or just variations of the same stock? What my dispensary calls GSC doesn't neatly line up with what Leafly describes, so what do I believe?

Genotyping is best but expensive :(

zor,

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
... can't tell you the number of different girl scout cookies I've come across, varying considerably in color, smell, and appearance. ...
I've noticed the same with pretty much every strain got more than once but from different batches or sources. :nod:

Baron23

I've found that identification by phenotype is extremely haphazard and error prone. I can't tell you the number of different girl scout cookies I've come across, varying considerably in color, smell, and appearance. Are these totally different strains or just variations of the same stock? What my dispensary calls GSC doesn't neatly line up with what Leafly describes, so what do I believe?

Genotyping is best but expensive :(
Probably really off topic and @momofthegoons is going to spank me, but I have thought about full Federal legalization and some of the possible results of that including major corporations genotyping strains and filing patents on them. Happens all of the time in the agro business with guys like Archer Daniel Midlands and I'm sure Phillip Morris and their ilk.

Their intent would clearly be to lock up market share and keep others out. BIG problem but one side benefit is genotyping (have to have it to patent a strain, yeah?) and real clear correlation between name and actual genetics of the herb. Just speculating a bit here.

david8613

Thanks that helped... here is a nice pic of t.i.t.s. i took with a samsung note 4 not the best. what do you think.

dEQu8zN.jpg

Mod note: edited to fix image link

Last edited by a moderator:

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
I can see image if I right click and choose "View Image." I think it's pretty but the image isn't displaying as it should.

I reported to a moderator that you needed help and expect s/he will fix it for you. I've seen moderators help others with problems posting graphics in the past. :)

Edit: And it worked! Thank you, Moderator.

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
It most definitely looks like THE SHIT!

lol. I like those white hairs. I think it's clumped up trichs.

I'll keep an eye out for that, seeing as I'm in So Cal.

thisperson,

david8613

It most definitely looks like THE SHIT!

lol. I like those white hairs. I think it's clumped up trichs.

I'll keep an eye out for that, seeing as I'm in So Cal.

Yeah it is! Zoom in closely on the smaller little nug bottom center, its full of those little white things, so pretty... i think im gonna vape that little guy tonight. Lol

david8613,

stonedbob

100% THC
i dont care of strains, i care about THC/CBD levels... it something you can do at home?

stonedbob,

Baron23

https://www.cdxlife.com/cdxshop/

possibly cost prohibitive, but the price should hopefully come down eventually (i can dream anyway)
I have seen that before and its very intriguing. My main concern is accuracy and maintaining accuracy absent any calibration program.

They say:

The first generation of the CannaDx sensor is targeting a marginal error rate of 20% of our lab tested based reference database (using Gas Chromatography).

So, a sample of herb with 20% THC may come up with anything from 16 to 24% which really ain't that dang inspiring.

They do, however, show sample accuracy as compared to gas chromatography results and for THC look a bit better but not so much for CBD and CBN (no info on terpene).

Top Bottom