is there a search thread feature here?

caseball2051

While lookin for specific information today I looked for a search thread feature. (rather than search the whole site) does this exist?

If I didnt overlook it, i think it would be a great feature for the site. Itd definitely help cut down on the repeat questions. I think anyway.

caseball2051,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Yes, IIRC there are options about where you would like to search (entire site, specific thread, etc.), what you would like to search for (keywords, authors, etc), and how you would like your results (individual posts, topisc, etc.).

Hope this helps. ;)

Progress,

caseball2051

I dont think it works that way. I get the option to search for message text, topic , message and topic as well as what subforum i want to search in.

I am able to search and find the thread where my information is contained, but if the thread is 60+ pages long it kind of defeats the purpose.

for example, I was searching for the tubing size for my myrtlezap. I searched and the results came up with the official thread. But that information could be anywhere in that 62 page thread.

With the length of some of the threads here, I just think it would cut down on repetitive questions and it would clean up the threads a little.

just :2c:

caseball2051,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Switch your results from topics to posts ( a choice at the bottom) and you will get a list of individual posts.

Does that help (if not, please ask).

edit:
did not even see that. I never change the posting times so didnt even look there. thanks progress
NP (glad I could help)

Progress,

caseball2051

did not even see that. I never change the posting times so didnt even look there.

thanks progress

caseball2051,

AgentGraves007

i did not see the option at first either (results as posts)...it helped me a LOT when i found it!

AgentGraves007,
Top Bottom