Is there a scientific answer to how long Cannabutter should cook?

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I've heard everything from 20 minutes to 2 days. Anecdotal evidence is great, but is there any scientific answer to the question? How long does it REALLY take to extract all the cannabinoids?

Crohnie,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
Something I've truly been curious about as well ....

Seems lots of interest in medibles ... Christmas baking season?

JCat,
Reactions: ShipDit
I think it depends on the type of cow the milk that made butter comes from.
Also there may be a hight factor involved. I mean you never see midgets making budder. ((I think they have trouble reaching the stove).
Please dont send hordes of angry little folk after me,I was just kidding! Hell I'm one of them,at 6 1" I'm officially the worlds tallest little-person.
:rofl:

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I think it depends on the type of cow the milk that made butter comes from.
Also there may be a hight factor involved. I mean you never see midgets making budder. ((I think they have trouble reaching the stove).
Please dont send hordes of angry little folk after me,I was just kidding! Hell I'm one of them,at 6 1" I'm officially the worlds tallest little-person.
:rofl:

The PC descriptive is "Vertically Challenged"....... get with the program eh :lol:

fake name

There is a lot of factors involved, so I don't think you'll find data of how to remove all cannabinoids. If you just cook with unpressed kief then I imagine it will cook in much faster than with buds. Twenty minutes probably grabs most, 2 days probably grabs nearly all.

If there is testing, it would be a great rule of thumb, but too many factors involved for a simple and accurate answer, as far as I can tell.

fake name,

that herb guy

As far as a scientific answer, it would probably depend greatly on (when it comes down to MINUTE details) the strain, who grew it, and in what. All herb is not created equal, and as such will require a little bit different treatment. There are good overviews on what should work reasonably well, but as far as maximizing EVERY batch... I doubt it.

that herb guy,
Top Bottom