Is there a better way to store distillate?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
My only source of concentrates is CO2 distillate oil. The oil is sold in those small glass concentrate jars.

I hate the jars because it is a pain in the ass to try and scoop out the very thick oil without losing oil that gets stuck to the sides of the jar and also some loss in the transfer to my atty's and such.

It would be so much easier to keep the oil in a blunt tip syringe that I can dispense small amounts from.

I haven't found any posts where someone discusses how to transfer your oil from a jar to a syringe without a lot of loss in the transfer.

Any tips? I was imagining needing to first set the jar in a hot water bath to make it more viscous. Is it as easy as warming it up and drawing it into a size 15 blunt syringe?

Thanks for any help.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
You're probably gonna lose as much getting it into the syringe(plus a little residue will stay behind when finished using a syringe) as you would just working out of the glass container:2c:.

All but 1 company I have ever bought CO2 from packaged in syringes. Much easier but only if it's already in there when you get it.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
My only source of concentrates is CO2 distillate oil. The oil is sold in those small glass concentrate jars.

I hate the jars because it is a pain in the ass to try and scoop out the very thick oil without losing oil that gets stuck to the sides of the jar and also some loss in the transfer to my atty's and such.

It would be so much easier to keep the oil in a blunt tip syringe that I can dispense small amounts from.

I haven't found any posts where someone discusses how to transfer your oil from a jar to a syringe without a lot of loss in the transfer.

Any tips? I was imagining needing to first set the jar in a hot water bath to make it more viscous. Is it as easy as warming it up and drawing it into a size 15 blunt syringe?

Thanks for any help.

I keep those jars, heat them up a bit and stuff some bud in there to wipe up the remaining oil.
Works pretty well.
I try to use syringes as well.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks. I just don't see the benefit of selling in jars over the syringes. Maybe cost.

Anyway, I'll just leave it. I like the idea of warming the jar at the end. I can also swab some organic cotton in there like I do when cleaning reclaim out of a gong.

Top Bottom