Is the Prism+ right for me?

theduckopera

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new wax/concentrate vape, but my needs are pretty specific.

--I'm bedbound so it has to be light, portable and easy to use rather than a big rig, like I think an e-nail is out. I've been using an Arizer Solo since 2014 and I love it but it's time for a dedicated concentrate setup.
--It needs to be really easy to clean because I have limited ability to clean stuff due to disability,
--Ideally it'll be efficient and have long battery life as I get through a LOT of material daily.

I'm looking at the Prism+ and it seems to fit the bill but I wanted to come ask your advice as you guys have always been a wonderful help for me in the past. Have you got any opinions about the Prism+ for my needs? Any concerns (I heard it used to have a lot of issues but people think it's okay now?) Is there another vape you think would help me better?

Thanks so much as ever!

EDIT: The friend I got to research for me also suggested the Source Orb 4 signature model, if anyone has any thoughts on that.

Last edited:
theduckopera,

kuzko

Prism+ uses coils so it’s not going to be the easiest thing to clean. The Saionara by HVT, Source nail xl, and a few others have come up with a Titanium Bucket atomizer design that is very easy to clean. You might want to check those out.

theduckopera

Prism+ uses coils so it’s not going to be the easiest thing to clean. The Saionara by HVT, Source nail xl, and a few others have come up with a Titanium Bucket atomizer design that is very easy to clean. You might want to check those out.

I will do, thank you! Do you think the Prism+/a coil based vape would be harder to clean than an Arizer Solo?

theduckopera,
Reactions: kuzko

kuzko

I don’t have a Solo but I think it’s a different process. With the Solo you just clean the glass stem? And with coils, they get dirty very quickly and are prone to failure, so you will be doing burn offs/iso soaking/replacing coils.

Coils cannot just be wiped down because they are not flat surfaces, that’s why the Ti bucket atomizers are nice, they are completely flat on the bottom so you just q-tip them out after every use if u want.

kuzko,

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
I don't know anything about the vape you are asking about- but- if budget allows- and you are ok with glass, have you considered a Puffco Peak? I am considering one myself, and am bed bound some of the year- *to me* the peak seems easier to clean and maintain (I think I saw vids on youtube about these aspects)- and has few of the complexities of a older school rig (only used a friends' a couple of times) And is marketed as portable (I would say it is portable- with care- there is glass involved)- It should last quite a while on one charge- I would be concerned that the pen might not be enough for intense medical use?

Vapeur Rogue,

theduckopera

I don’t have a Solo but I think it’s a different process. With the Solo you just clean the glass stem? And with coils, they get dirty very quickly and are prone to failure, so you will be doing burn offs/iso soaking/replacing coils.

Coils cannot just be wiped down because they are not flat surfaces, that’s why the Ti bucket atomizers are nice, they are completely flat on the bottom so you just q-tip them out after every use if u want.

Correct, you just soak the glass stem.

A-ha, that makes sense, thank you. I'm looking at those vapes now.

Also if you know and don't mind answering, do you think the source nail XL or something like that would still fulfill my requirements of being easy to use in bed (so not too messy, too) and portable around the house?

Thank you again!

theduckopera,

theduckopera

I don't know anything about the vape you are asking about- but- if budget allows- and you are ok with glass, have you considered a Puffco Peak? I am considering one myself, and am bed bound some of the year- *to me* the peak seems easier to clean and maintain (I think I saw vids on youtube about these aspects)- and has few of the complexities of a older school rig (only used a friends' a couple of times) And is marketed as portable (I would say it is portable- with care- there is glass involved)- It should last quite a while on one charge- I would be concerned that the pen might not be enough for intense medical use?

Oh man, that thing seems nice. I could afford it, and glass is okay, but I could really only justify it if I'd adequately ruled out the cheaper products. Would a pen be very different to something like this if it was using the same concentrates?

theduckopera,

kuzko

Correct, you just soak the glass stem.

A-ha, that makes sense, thank you. I'm looking at those vapes now.

Also if you know and don't mind answering, do you think the source nail XL or something like that would still fulfill my requirements of being easy to use in bed (so not too messy, too) and portable around the house?

Thank you again!

I haven’t used the source Ti bucket but I have used their new quartz bucket but it takes too long to heat up, I don’t think it’s heated by a donut coil like the Ti buckets.

But source nail xl, Sai, divine tribe, or the Triton (by Up Tech I think?) are all good options for this type of thing.

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
@ the duckopera I have tried both older pens and a rig - I think e-nail? not sure-
Yes, the pen and rig experience with same concentrate were worlds apart, and *personally* pen did not even help much with my maintenance pain/anxiety needs let alone any of my acute, or worse seasonal needs. (I would be willing to discuss in PM if you are curious-)

I would trust this would suit your needs better then most pens-
but! after I posted- I did also find that Randy's has a couple interesting options too. the Aqua Pilot and Chill in particular. Likely less effective then the puffco- but it seems at least you won't have to be ordering more parts.

Vapeur Rogue,
Top Bottom