Is the Healing in the Feeling?

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Just a clarification. Everything I say, I say about myself. One thing I learned very early is that this plant gives different experiences to each person. So the "being honest" comment was a generalization and more about how I feel about myself rather than me pushing that sentiment on anyone else.
Also I don't feel I NEED to use cannabis. I have chosen cannabis as my medicine because it's is the best option for me. I enjoy it, I respect it, and don't think me telling others what to do is my place.
Actually you made a really good point that made me think, in my home state it is legal. So in a recreational aspecte, yes would use herb recreationally like I do with alcohol.

The best conversations imo are ones that make you question your standpoint. This is doing that for me. I like it! :D
You know, I think of us as having a friendly discussion. I'm hoping it doesn't sound like an argument or challenge. These aren't heartfelt, life long opinions that I'm defending. Writing like this lets me see more clearly what I think outside my head, in the light. Not every thought and opinion is what it should be. Sometimes I sound like such an idiot (more often than I'd like) I even delete what I write, as I did earlier in this thread. That can lead to it's own problems, as what is left unsaid can be as bad as what's said.
The only reason I am on FC is because of fine people such as yourself. I didn't come to sound like an ass (and yet it happens!), or put my opinions and idea's ahead of anyone else's. I hope to be here for awhile, and get to understand the thoughts and hearts of fellow vapers.
You are right. There are terrible people in the world, as well as good, and they misuse everything they touch, be it people, pets, alcohol, weed, bank accounts. I don't think it matters much what they abuse. There are wonderful people who struggle with alcohol. Do people become addicted to weed? The government would like us to think so. I'm not convinced, but when future studies come out, I could be. If you say you are, I believe you (I know you aren't saying that). I'm not worried for myself, and if it looks like my usage is getting out of hand, I will quit. If I get bored, I will quit. If I move on to heroin, I will quit.
Joke. The last line was a joke.
Right now, I have no reason to quit. That I know of. I expect my children would say something if it seemed like there was a problem. Right now they are just thrilled, so no problems yet. Im fairly new to hanging out online, and and conversing, and don't send many emails or texts, so I forget things sound more harsh than intended. Anyway, I will vape a bowl in your honor. I hope you are well.

BestBuds

The Dude
Haha. Nope I not offended by you at all. I like our discussion as do you. :) actually a lot of what you say about yourself can be applied to me too. Lol sometimes I type some thing up and the read it and go....
NAAAH! And I delete it all:rofl:
I am with you on the addiction thing. I don't think it's chemically addictive but seeing my cousin with OCD tap his foot on each stair step, or lock and unlock his car 3 times before he walks away makes me think anything can be addictive to some people.

Thanks for vaping a bowl for me! I'm stuck in Florida on vacation with no herb around! :cry:

Vaporware

It wasn't you! Oh please, don't think that. I just wrote a bunch of stuff, looked at it, realized I sounded like an idiot then edited down. @VaporWare , you are quite lovely, informative and supportive, and I always enjoy your posts. I'm so sorry if you thought I was quitting because of you. I do get frustrated that the merging isn't connecting for me, and I don't want to upset the moderators. I need my son to show me how to do this, and I'm sure it will be fine.

No problem, glad to still have you here! :)

I’ve got a bunch of unposted drafts that I thought better of, and some posts that in retrospect were not worth posting or were based on a misunderstanding of the person I was responding to.

I wish I never said the wrong things, but to be sure of that I’d have to barely say anything! Instead I make mistakes and I have to wince, apologize if necessary and move on. Especially in a place where we’re not all clear-minded all the time, we’re bound to write some things we don’t love, and I think most of us understand and accept that. :)

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
No problem, glad to still have you here! :)

I’ve got a bunch of unposted drafts that I thought better of, and some posts that in retrospect were not worth posting or were based on a misunderstanding of the person I was responding to.

I wish I never said the wrong things, but to be sure of that I’d have to barely say anything! Instead I make mistakes and I have to wince, apologize if necessary and move on. Especially in a place where we’re not all clear-minded all the time, we’re bound to write some things we don’t love, and I think most of us understand and accept that. :)
I should have just said that, that I'm stoned and don't know What I'm talking about....

Jimmyweaese

I want to strongly echo the point about certain levels of tolerance being beneficial. For me there is definitely medical benefit in having a higher tolerance than my partner who medicates mainly at night for insomnia, whereas I need to presently be slightly functional and to treat heavy pain. For me right now I'm consuming more cannabis than I have at any previous point. But the tolerance and the dose is allowing me to be somewhat functional, and with manageable pain levels, where the pain which would most typically be treated with opiates(not very functional for me, and nasty side effects) would itself leave me much less functional. Normally my tolerance is kept comparitively minimal by more moderate and less frequent dosing.
Im in my state program, id be vaping more. Its juat to expensive.Like $200 a month thats just too much.But ive only been in program for a few months.
Ive seen prices in legal states and i just want to cry. 4 .5 ml pens need to last 6 weeks at least and its tough.
On the other hand ,even if i could afford it,im not forking over a penny more then i need to

TheResistance

Yes it definitely does, as soon as I see that my tolerance is high enough where I have to use more herb than I am comfortable with past my starting point (too many bowls from my Omnivap), I go cold turkey for a week or so to get right back to feeling the medical benefits at the amount I started with. This cuts back on the amount that I go through (saving herb) and also keeping a low tolerance which makes it easier to quit when I need to.

fernand

One thing I've noticed is that many of the "medical is BS" clan
are former alcoholics, or at least alcohol users. They laugh at
micro-dosing and insist it's all about getting blasted. Anybody
else notice that?

Tranquility

On a pain scale from 1 to 10, cannabis is a -3.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/08/190821125525.htm
Cannabis flower is an effective mid-level analgesic medication for pain
Researchers use mobile app to measure how commercially available cannabis products affect pain intensity
Date:
August 21, 2019
Source:
University of New Mexico
Summary:
Using the largest database of real-time recordings of the effects of common and commercially available cannabis products in the United States, researchers found strong evidence that cannabis can significantly alleviate pain, with the average user experiencing a three-point drop in pain suffering on a 0-10 point scale immediately following cannabis consumption....​

C No Ego

On a pain scale from 1 to 10, cannabis is a -3.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/08/190821125525.htm
Cannabis flower is an effective mid-level analgesic medication for pain
Researchers use mobile app to measure how commercially available cannabis products affect pain intensity
Date:
August 21, 2019
Source:
University of New Mexico
Summary:
Using the largest database of real-time recordings of the effects of common and commercially available cannabis products in the United States, researchers found strong evidence that cannabis can significantly alleviate pain, with the average user experiencing a three-point drop in pain suffering on a 0-10 point scale immediately following cannabis consumption....​

scientific definition is = depolarization induced suppressed inhibition of neurotransmitter release ( AkA - retrograde signalling) , post to pre synaptic firing as opposed to normal anterograde one direction only neuronal pathways

C No Ego,

Tranquility

scientific definition is = depolarization induced suppressed inhibition of neurotransmitter release ( AkA - retrograde signalling) , post to pre synaptic firing as opposed to normal anterograde one direction only neuronal pathways
If I understand what you're saying, no, that function is probably not the cause.

Some other studies have pointed to an increase in pain--depending on the dose. That is, pain is increasingly relieved until some dose is reached and then pain starts increasing with increased dose with some claiming increased pain because of the dose. If basic nerve signalling was the cause, we'd have to have a dose-related "flip" of the effect at some point and I have not heard of any studies even looking at that.

Tranquility,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

C No Ego

If I understand what you're saying, no, that function is probably not the cause.

Some other studies have pointed to an increase in pain--depending on the dose. That is, pain is increasingly relieved until some dose is reached and then pain starts increasing with increased dose with some claiming increased pain because of the dose. If basic nerve signalling was the cause, we'd have to have a dose-related "flip" of the effect at some point and I have not heard of any studies even looking at that.

yes, that is known as bi- phasic... where the pain reduction action potential reverses and down regulatory pathways then up regulate the biological function.
the pain suppression is what I stated ... depolarized Gi proteins signalling post to pre... ( signalling across the periaqueductal gray )

C No Ego,
Top Bottom