Is the first VapCap fin supposed to be smaller than the rest?

Here is a situation I have not seen yet.

My cap kept on sticking to the tip and I noticed that it was getting stuck on the first fin of the cooling fins. Then, I looked at it under a scope and I noticed that the first cooling fin was all different shapes and was larger on one side than the other. And, smaller than the others in some places.

I'm not sure if it is supposed to be like this or if I am supposed to get a file and make this right.

I took the best pics I can. Hopefully, you can see what I am talking about. You can see as I turn it how the 'lump' or 'burr' or whatever moves around.

It's like the first fin was machined like the tip. You can see how the machining from the tip was carried onto this first cooling fin.

Is it supposed to be like this? Do I need to return it to DynaVap? Do they even have a warranty? I am hoping I can just fix it myself.

Is everyone's first fin like this or is mine just bad?

Thanks

14dd5ab.jpg

309h5p0.jpg

25fpmb9.jpg

dyafki.jpg

am8uc7.jpg

2eaqyj4.jpg

2qdr0j9.jpg

15yerdg.jpg

2w4k7rl.jpg

68bey8.jpg

mlqa3b.jpg

Hackerman,

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Everything it's normal.

The first fin is also triple-start ACME threaded ,as is the chamber outer surface.
Since that fin is "capped" it has to be threaded ,else the incoming airflow resistance would have been really high .

At older tip versions like the 4th gen ,more than one fin were threaded ,
since they were covered by the cap,when the latter was inserted at the tip.

It's a small and simple device (at leastr looks like it is ) ,
but it has some details that make a whole lotta difference in it's operation.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Cool, so all I need to do is file that little 'burr' off the fin that the cap keeps getting stuck on and all should be OK??

I wasn't sure if the cap was supposed to stop at that fin or if the fin was supposed to fit inside the cap. You answered that for me.

Thank you very much. ;)

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
A file is not the recommended tool for the job.
The tip is made of ( ..." soft " ) Titanium Grade 2 and not out of the extra hard grade 5 .

You should try with a wet, fine grit ( EU grit >600 / US Grit > 400 ) sandpaper .
Cut a thin stripe ,wrap it around the fin with the burr and spin the tip .

Thanks so much bud. I am not very good with my hands. You probably saved me from ruining my new tip. I'll see what I have in that grit. I might have some emery cloth that fine.

Thanks again. :)

Hackerman,
Reactions: Jill NYC
Double thanks again, Sailor. It is working great now. Without your advice I would have A. Not known what was wrong and B. not known how to properly fix it.

You have to wonder about all the VapCap buyers who are not members here and receive inferior products from DynaVap. I guess they just toss them in a drawer.

I am definitely not the only one who posted here that he had to file or fix or repair a DynaVap product before it would function properly. They need better quality control or tighter tolerances.

It's a cute little item and I really like mine. Especially since I got the induction heater. But, there's no denying that Dynavap's service and quality are both way behind the other vape manufacturers here. I didn't have to make any repairs or modifications to my Fury when I bought it. And, their rep addresses EVERY comment in their thread..... immediately. I didn't have to repair my Vaponic either. Or, my Plenty. Or, my Solo. Or, My Extreme. Or, my G9. Or, my Motor. Or, my Tai. Or, my DV. Or, my Harvest Moon. Hell, I didn't even have to do anything to this cheap piece of shit Chinese induction heater. But, I have had to repair 2 out of 3 of my VapCaps that I bought.

Well, thanks again Sailor for helping me out. George should thank you for doing his customer service for him. ;)

Hackerman,

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Double thanks again, Sailor. It is working great now. Without your advice I would have A. Not known what was wrong and B. not known how to properly fix it.

You have to wonder about all the VapCap buyers who are not members here and receive inferior products from DynaVap. I guess they just toss them in a drawer.

I am definitely not the only one who posted here that he had to file or fix or repair a DynaVap product before it would function properly. They need better quality control or tighter tolerances.

It's a cute little item and I really like mine. Especially since I got the induction heater. But, there's no denying that Dynavap's service and quality are both way behind the other vape manufacturers here. I didn't have to make any repairs or modifications to my Fury when I bought it. And, their rep addresses EVERY comment in their thread..... immediately. I didn't have to repair my Vaponic either. Or, my Plenty. Or, my Solo. Or, My Extreme. Or, my G9. Or, my Motor. Or, my Tai. Or, my DV. Or, my Harvest Moon. Hell, I didn't even have to do anything to this cheap piece of shit Chinese induction heater. But, I have had to repair 2 out of 3 of my VapCaps that I bought.

Well, thanks again Sailor for helping me out. George should thank you for doing his customer service for him. ;)

The devil is in the detail .
None of these vapes you own ,have tiny machined parts ,out of Titanium.

Recently I've read a post on the Dynavap thread ,where someone is
suggesting that thsoe devices should have been cheaper than $200 .

What the many are not aware of is that Titanium ,while not being such expensive metal to
fully justify the high prices of things made out of it ,actually is a PITA to work with.

Take a look at some Ti made small objects and their price :

https://uniquetitanium.com/collections/beads-cord-ball-chain/products/gp-monster-bead

https://www.ti-edc.com/products/ti-edc-5pcs-titanium-rainbow-color-keychain-key-ring-split-ring

https://www.ti-edc.com/products/ti-...ole-charm-pendant-for-parachute-cord-paracord

A flawless machining of Titanium can actually double or triple the price tag of the object.
For the current product quality ,Dynavap's prices are rather superb.

George does not need to thank me for anything.On the contrary ,I 've to thank him .
Above all he was the one that contributed the most so far ,
for me maintaining a great health ,both physical and mental.
He made my life lot easier and much-much better.
And probably I'm not the only one benefited from...
;)

Cheers.

Top Bottom