Is the Extreme Vaporizer worth the price tag

Cabbage

Hey I'm in the market for a new vaporizer.

I myself have never purchased one before, but two of my friends share a vaporite, which is decent, but I have heard Extreme blows it out of the water. I have been researching The extreme vaporizer and it seems amazing, but I know it costs 250-350. I can shell out that kind of money, but I do not want to do that and then be dissapointed. Ideally I am looking for something that would work well for large and small groups, be used frequently, using mid/high quality herb.

I also live on campus living, so discretion is also very important, I know the extreme has ways of covering smells which is very useful. Overall, I want something that will make my experience better, and I think this is it, but pretty much I just need feedback, is this vaporizer better than your regular 150-200 whip vaporizer.

Thanks, all input is helpful, please no flaming.

Cabbage,

Mckdenton

I Love My Extreme Probably The Best $300 I Have Spent In A While. I Think It Was Way Worth It, She Gets Quite The Workout.

Mckdenton,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Welcome to the FC jungle Cabbage, but wrong place for this post.

try reading the extreme thread for info. if you like variety, the E can provide. Might be a little too big and obvious for a dorm vape IMO. Great party vape though, yes. My :2c:

IAmKrazy2,

the electrician

If you're gonna be in a group for the most part I'd advise you get a bag filler over a whip for passing purposes, unless you get a hectic long whip. Since youre gonna be mid to high grade you should get some pretty dense bags blown which will always please a crowd.

As an extreme owner I'd certainly recommend it, great straight out of the box and there's all sorts of customization you can get going on. The 18.8mm male join on the element means you can easily hook it up to shit.

As for the size, I hold it in my hand for the most part, but maybe im just a giant freak. So if you want to hide it no problem that'll be easy, but out in the open its pretty conspicuous in terms o looks.

the electrician,

Cabbage

Thank you for the feedback, I think I should clarify my living situation a little more.

1. I Live in a suite, so its bigger than your normal dorm room, 4 single bedrooms, a common room a kitchen and 2 bathrooms, so as for conspicousness, its not too bad, I'm mostly worried about the smell.

2. Many people pass in and out of our suite to enjoy smoking and on the occasion vaping. Hence why I want a vaporizer, I prefer it to smoking. But yea When I talk numbers its anywhere from 2-10.

3. My home town is in a different state than my school so I fly a lot, and how practical is this for cleaning and flying with. Is it possible to clean it well enough so I can fly with it or not.

It seems way more effecient between how much bud is being used and also with the bonus of baking with the leftovers. I'm pretty sure I am gonna get the Extreme, I just need to shop around for prices. My local headshop had it at 350, and was giving me some kind of warning that I would find it online for 300 but it would not be as good. So now I need to do more research to see EXACTLY what I get for each different offer.

Also I know someone on one of the forums posted that a company threw in a Vapor Genie with an Extreme purchase, that would be very ideal for me, for when I want 1-2 people sessions.

Thanks again

Cabbage,

the electrician

In practice smell is pretty much a total non issue. As for cleaning id say its pretty simple, iso soak the elbows and that and to clean the unit itself i just turn it upside down and turn on the fan.

Bought mine for something liken $260 canadian from k j rockwise, got here before id even placed the order and got a load of free screens, an elbow joint and things like that. There's nothing wrong with it at all, latest version all that.

the electrician,

Beezleb

I know of two very ill people that are very happy with theirs. The other day I saw one of them and they thanked me profusely for helping them. Until me, they did not about vaporizers.

It is helping them with quality of life issues, I think both have cancer but cant swear by it. I am pretty sure they use the bag only.

Beezleb,

gotlucy

i have to say that i have spent a couple of months seriously researching about every vape out there on the market, the difference in types, materials, retailers, etc. i have decided to get an extreme-- and i would definitely not be spending that kind of money if there was any question at all as to the quality of the product.

i have a lot of faith in the members here and what they think, i would def read the extreme thread. and def. buy from the retailers that FC recommends-- we get discounts at most of them, too.

it is def a model that can be used w discretion and i think you would be just fine to fly with it as long as you do maintenance cleaning-- i would put it in checked luggage though for sure.

gotlucy,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
It is worth more than its price tag IMO. Can't say enough good things about it. Pack the elbow and fill the bowl at the same time for a real blast off session.

DeepFried,

Cabbage

So I have decided on getting the Extreme based on the over whelming support from this site. My only problem now is price. Every site I go to says 300$, but I have read mulitple people on this site getting it for cheaper. B. said there was a deal with diesel vapors for 250, but when I went to their site it said 300$. If anyone knows a really good deal on it, it would be much appreciated.

I am also very excited to try the Extreme, decided that I can not wait to go back to school, that I must try it at home first.

Thanks for all the help

Cabbage,

manchild

Vapourist
Looks like Diesel is out of stock at the moment. Bummer.

Greatvape seems to be the same price with the FC discount. The discount won't show up until you put the discount code in. Not sure how or where your supposed to put the code though.
EDIT (ExtremeOnly249FC - Extreme $249.95 (free 2-3 day US shipping))

The extreme was my first good vape and it still gets used most days. Elbow bongin rocks :ko:

manchild,

BudderScotch

Environmental Irritant
I've used a V tower extreme daily for a year now with no problems. This was my first convection vaporizer. There is NO weed smell EVER. I don't know what I like best, the stealth or the efficiency

BudderScotch,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Haha according to my mom their is definitely weed smell, but a green smell "not like that shit I smoked when I was a kid"

crack a window and you'll be fine

to answer your question though, yes

bluntfaced,

Burger Boss

Before you pop $350 for a new Extreme, please check out ebay. I got one tonight for $123 to the door.
Your local headshop seems to have an incredible mark-up going on. The vendor I bought from has about as high a rating as you can get on ebay, and the deal is PayPal guaranteed. So, PLEASE, do a little digging, you can do MUCH better than $300+
Good luck & good vaping.......BB

Burger Boss,

manchild

Vapourist
Cabbage, if you haven't already ordered. Don't get confused between the regular V-Tower and the V-Tower-Extreme. The extreme is basically a regular with a fan, allowing for fan assisted whip vaping or bag vaping.

So if you know you won't ever want a fan or bags then the regular V-Tower will probably suffice. Personally i like the option of bags even though i hardly ever use them. And $123 to the door is a pretty darn good price for a regular imo :2c:

manchild,

Cabbage

A few things

1. I do want the fan/bag function so I do want the extreme not the regualr V tower

2. I prefer to stay away from Ebay, I do not have an account, paypal, and I have had some bad experiences with Ebay in the past

3. A friend of mine was saying I should buy a giftcard and use the giftcard to buy the vaporizer in case any company is stopped by a federal agency. I know this is very unlikely, but is it worth the extra precaution

I will probably be buying the extreme next week, I am awaiting a fat check for work before I purchase the extreme

Thanks again for all the help

Cabbage,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I got an Extreme straight from the manufacturer. Only reason I did this was for the warranty. I learned real quick it is better too get a vape with a warranty than too buy off of someone and potentially lose that safety cushion. I have previous experience with buying vapes off of people and having them break and not really being able too do much but chalk it up as a loss.

DevoTheStrange,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
warranty is especially important to people who plan on using these vapes on a daily basis over a long period of time. (the rest of my life for me)

very good point devo.

illadelph,

Cabbage

That may be why my headshop had it for a higher price, the warranty. They said you have a 5 year warranty with them. I thought the other sites like vapenow and vapeworld had that too, but I guess not? The warranty is a big deal because it will get used a lot and in my suite we have a double dollar rule, you break a piece you buy that person one twice the value, but noone can cover for 600 dollars, so a warranty is much more helpful.

Cabbage,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
vapeworld usually handles most problems i wouldnt worry getting anything from them. ive heard arizer usually honors most warranties without any proof of purchase.

illadelph,

Cabbage

So I have received my extreme and have been using it for a week. It was definately worth the price tag. My only issues at this point is cleaning it, and one of the bags had a broken glass attachment in shipping.

Overall thank you for the advice!

Cabbage,
Top Bottom