• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

IS LEGALIZATION THE BEGINNING OF END FOR CANNABIS?

That's reasons why I feel that our Only 'Salvation' will be the 'Cottage Industry' or 'Craft'
or 'Micro' whatever You call it. The Small Growers, who will sell Primarily out of Their
own Premises, just like Many smaller Wineries. These are the the ones who will be more
esoteric in their Techniques and Principles, helping to get rid of the old stigma and creating
the type of environment and atmosphere that Us true aficionados aspire to.

That's Why we have to Act Now, shunning the Large Growers and Opting for those
Who have a devotion to the Product first and foremost, a Grower/Breeder First,
A Business man Second!
We also have to ' Educate' Others
Spread the Word!

The problem with your method is that as soon as you start patronizing the little guys.... they get big. LMAO Or, they get bought by the 'big' because they are so profitable.

I was a business broker for a while and I still watch the market. You should see all the little 'organic' farms that have been bought by big business and everyone still thinks they are buying from the 'little organic farms' but they are not. All the money goes upstairs...... always. LOL

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Quality liquor and tobacco are actually hard to do........key word quality.
Quality cannabis is very easy and cheap to do especially on a small scale so there is that main difference.
The powers to be will keep it illegal for you and me to produce as that would cut into their profits........only the favored few will be legally allowed to reap the financial rewards.
I ain't buying shit.
We don’t know yet what free and independent cannawizrds can do, once we no longer having to measure everything in grams. We don’t know what real research will tell us about what these plants are truly capable of, because we’re still not there yet.

Without the fear of arrest, prosecution, pauperization, as we begin to renew our ancient partnership with the plant we may discover things about cannabis we don’t even suspect yet. My growing experience with cannabis has been unlike every other plant I’ve grown, or grown up around. It was the first and so far only plant I’ve ever suspected of having some kind of intelligence, they respond and react in many ways. Once yield and potency stop vieing with secrecy for most important consideration, we really don’t know how cannabis will change in response to us, or how *we* will change in response to really having cannabis back in our world again.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Without the fear of arrest, prosecution, pauperization, as we begin to renew our ancient partnership with the plant we may discover things about cannabis we don’t even suspect yet. My growing experience with cannabis has been unlike every other plant I’ve grown, or grown up around. It was the first and so far only plant I’ve ever suspected of having some kind of intelligence, they respond and react in many ways. Once yield and potency stop vieing with secrecy for most important consideration, we really don’t know how cannabis will change in response to us, or how *we* will change in response to really having cannabis back in our world again.

What an exciting time to be alive! I don't know if I'll still be alive by time it's legal in my area, but I hope so!

arb

Semi shaved ape
We don’t know yet what free and independent cannawizrds can do, once we no longer having to measure everything in grams. We don’t know what real research will tell us about what these plants are truly capable of, because we’re still not there yet.

I hear you and understand that a great many people feel that way.
I have a horticultural background and have been growing cannabis for several decades along with quite a few other cultivars and the only thing special about cannabis as a plant is
how we humans react to it........that is it.
Other than that is is very easy to grow having very few environmental inhibitors........shizz will thrive nearly anywnere.
My wish would be for all of you to try it once or twice it is very enlightening and will piss you off........lolz.

Ramahs

It would be nice...but scary as well. No matter how well secured I keep my closet, there is still a lot of risk because I live in rental property.
The ten years probation I finished a few years ago would have been 2-20 in prison if I'd failed the probation. I bet an arrest for growing would grow those previous numbers substantially.

ClearBlueLou

I have a horticultural background and have been growing cannabis for several decades along with quite a few other cultivars and the only thing special about cannabis as a plant is
Other than that is is very easy to grow having very few environmental inhibitors........shizz will thrive nearly anywnere.
My wish would be for all of you to try it once or twice it is very enlightening and will piss you off........lolz.
I hear you, and I understand there are many who feel as you do. I can even understand how a practicing horticulturist might incline toward the view that plants are things that grow, and nothing beyond that. No need to explore questions beyond that, I completely agree that everyone should try it at least once!

A good point to remind folks that it’s not legalization if we can’t grow it like hay or orchids, as we choose?

Ramahs

I hear you, and I understand there are many who feel as you do. I can even understand how a practicing horticulturist might incline toward the view that plants are things that grow, and nothing beyond that. No need to explore questions beyond that, I completely agree that everyone should try it at least once!

A good point to remind folks that it’s not legalization if we can’t grow it like hay or orchids, as we choose?

Unfortunately, in this country, how valuable you and your opinion are is based on how much is in your wallet/bank account. I'm a poor peasant, so I don't matter. But I can vote...so at least that's something. However, people that have money are starting to agree with me/us, so that means things will hopefully change, once everyone comes around to realize they can make more off us peasants with legalization that they currently do with their prison system.

ClearBlueLou

Unfortunately, in this country, how valuable you and your opinion are is based on how much is in your wallet/bank account. I'm a poor peasant, so I don't matter. But I can vote...so at least that's something. However, people that have money are starting to agree with me/us, so that means things will hopefully change, once everyone comes around to realize they can make more off us peasants with legalization that they currently do with their prison system.
Sounds like you live around here, amigo...condolences

C No Ego

as to markets- the only thing keeping cannabis looking good in that scenario is the fact it is federally illegal and has a High cost on it alone and its by product.
once "" really "" legal then costs go to zilch / nada and only some type of infrastructure that makes something from it will retain its value. value for it alone when you are not shot @ for using it will be hardly nothing.

ClearBlueLou

It will still have value and command prices of more than pennies per gram: as medicine, as quest assistance, there will always be those who for whatever can’t or don’t want to grow, or want something better than they can grow, and I imagine even growers might run out eventually. It will have value because people will still want it, and the better it is, the more they’ll want it.

I don’t think we’ll see a return to $35 ounces, but the z-price might stick around $100. Currently there’s a considerable glut of supply and, oh joy, it’s harvest time, so folks a long way ‘cross the Miss’ippi will still be paying $300 while growers out west are trying to give it away.

We may be in the first cannabis bubble right now...interesting to see what happens when it pops.

Don’t forget that hemp fiber is STILL the king fiber, in terms of growth rate, in terms of range of uses, hempcrete, paper, so value WILL be added, and for those uses, plain old untended field hemp is just fine. The ‘alchemical’ grower will add value in other ways. Personally, I think it would be wicked useful to unlock/decode/comprehend the phenome - that is the full range of phenotypes displayed by cannabis. I mean I figure we’ll get to the genome inevitably, but the sheer range of manifestations and expressions ought to be able to teach us an awful lot about genetics, at the very least.

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I've been gardening for awhile, but only started growing cannabis outdoors recently. It's an interesting plant, and it's a fun plant, but it's a plant. It has it's own set of requirements, but so do roses, orange trees, etc. Most plants seem miraculous to me. Plant a tree, get fruit. How cool is that? After I harvested a few plants last month, I left the main stem and branches in place planning to deal with them after harvest. The plants were stripped. No leaf, no bud. The darned plants have put out more buds. I don't know if they will have time to ripen, but it is wonderful to see, and I will no doubt learn something by watching. I harvested the last of the crop yesterday, and only have the bonus buds left.
The part that strikes me when I'm gardening is, it Is just a plant, and all of the laws and prohibition around it seems crazy. Why on earth is there a fuss? I can grow oleander, nightshade, etc and actual poisonous plants. Not a problem. But cannabis makes some people, who never have to deal with it, go nuts. My yard, my plant. What's the problem again?
But, I can grow now. I'm in California and I'm very lucky. I won't think the situation is right until everone can grow if they want.

C No Ego

I've been gardening for awhile, but only started growing cannabis outdoors recently. It's an interesting plant, and it's a fun plant, but it's a plant. It has it's own set of requirements, but so do roses, orange trees, etc. Most plants seem miraculous to me. Plant a tree, get fruit. How cool is that? After I harvested a few plants last month, I left the main stem and branches in place planning to deal with them after harvest. The plants were stripped. No leaf, no bud. The darned plants have put out more buds. I don't know if they will have time to ripen, but it is wonderful to see, and I will no doubt learn something by watching. I harvested the last of the crop yesterday, and only have the bonus buds left.
The part that strikes me when I'm gardening is, it Is just a plant, and all of the laws and prohibition around it seems crazy. Why on earth is there a fuss? I can grow oleander, nightshade, etc and actual poisonous plants. Not a problem. But cannabis makes some people, who never have to deal with it, go nuts. My yard, my plant. What's the problem again?
But, I can grow now. I'm in California and I'm very lucky. I won't think the situation is right until everone can grow if they want.
if you can answer that you have won some type reward or something. the big why question lingering in everyones minds

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
it is actually a rhetorical question @ this point as no one really knows for sure...
I can guess that politics, money and control are involved. Not a far stretch. The same things that make legalization difficult. Rather than the powers that be just saying, " hey, prohibition doesn't work, and it's just a plant, and the government has other things to deal with" and bowing out, we sort of make it "legal". There have to be special shops, taxes, permits, and still legal and illegal amounts. I can plant, but the number is limited. Six is ok, but seven and your back to being a criminal.
There are a lot of people on the planet who are not willing to step away from the plant, and just leave it to those who care about it.

Modnote: Reply removed from quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

ClearBlueLou

Hi, @Madri-Gal! Your questions have a very long answer:

The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer
https://jackherer.com/emperor-3/chapter-1/

The short version is that Willam Hearst, of the Hearst newspaper empire, bought heavily into pulpwood acreage, and shortly after that, a machine was developed that would process hempstalk into fiber and hurds (the pith on the inside that makes great paper) on an industrial scale, which hurt Hearst’s plans for pulpwood newsprint; it also hurt DuPont chemical’s pine-to-paper technology (now legendary for its toxicity and environmental dame).

The two industrial giants went to friends in Congress, and a plan was hatched to position the plant - used as a smoked drug almost exclusively by migrant farm-workers, Latinos, actors, and jazz musicians - as a menace to public safety, and pressure the public to pressure congress to ban what was one of the most widely useful, and heavily used, natural products in the world at that time.

With the 60s opposition to Jim Crow and the fight to end selective enforcement of laws, cannabis came to be a a keystone of the school-to-prison pipeline, whereby young blacks could be easily fed into the criminal justice system which would not only limit their future employability by giving them criminal records but also allow their voting rights to be stripped - preventing them from growing the numbers needed to challenge that systematic the ballot box.

Pretty much brings us up to now. If you love cannabis and its range of goodness and its many uses, and you’re curious about the fight to make and keep it illegal, that link up there will tell the whole story. THAT is why Jack has cannabis strains named after him...

Last edited:

Ramahs

The short version is that Willam Hearst, of the Hearst newspaper empire, bought heavily into pulpwood acreage, and shortly after that, a machine was developed that would process hempstalk into fiber and hurts (the pith on the inside makes great paper) on an industrial scale, which hurt Hearst’s plans for pulpwood newsprint; it also hurt DuPont chemical’s pine-to-paper technology (now legendary for its toxicity and environmental dame).

The two industrial giants went to friends in Congress, and a plan was hatched to position the plant - used as a smoked drug almost exclusively by migrant farm-workers, Latinos, actors, and jazz musicians - as a menace to public safety, and pressure the public to pressure congress to ban what was one of the most widely useful, and heavily used, natural products in the world at that time.

With the 60s opposition to Jim Crow and the fight to end selective enforcement of laws, cannabis came to be a a keystone of the school-to-prison pipeline, whereby young blacks could be easily fed into the criminal justice system which would not only limit their future employability by giving them criminal records but also allow their voting rights to be stripped - preventing them from growing the numbers needed to challenge that systematic the ballot box.

Pretty much brings us up to now. If you love cannabis and it’s range of goodness and it’s many uses, and your curious about the fight to make and keep it illegal, that link up there will tell the whole story. THAT is why Jack has cannabis strains named after him...

Ex-fucking-actly!

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution

The short version is that Willam Hearst, of the Hearst newspaper empire, bought heavily into pulpwood acreage, and shortly after that, a machine was developed that would process hempstalk into fiber and hurds (the pith on the inside that makes great paper) on an industrial scale, which hurt Hearst’s plans for pulpwood newsprint; it also hurt DuPont chemical’s pine-to-paper technology (now legendary for its toxicity and environmental dame).

Pretty much brings us up to now. If you love cannabis and its range of goodness and its many uses, and you’re curious about the fight to make and keep it illegal, that link up there will tell the whole story. THAT is why Jack has cannabis strains named after him...
Thank you, @ClearBlueLou . People like you are why I come here. Keep speaking the truth.

MinnBobber

If you love cannabis and its range of goodness and its many uses, and you’re curious about the fight to make and keep it illegal, that link up there will tell the whole story. THAT is why Jack has cannabis strains named after him...
and don't forget the cotton growing industry really wanted to squash hemp plant fibers. They also pushed big time to outlaw hemp cuz: hemp is 10 X better for fiber and clothing, it grows like a weed without HUGE fertilizer and pesticides needed for cotton, and hemp clothing is far far superior to cotton fabric-----gotta outlaw the competition for smooth sailing for cotton:(

ClearBlueLou

True, the hemp gin would have done for hemp fabric what the cotton gin did for cotton: make it a commercially exploitable resource. Hemp clothing certainly wouldn’t have driven cotton out of production by any means, but that’s not how cotton producers chose to see it. They and others willingly played along to gain a step in the marketplace. Hemp can compete as a resource in many industries.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
True, the hemp gin would have done for hemp fabric what the cotton gin did for cotton: make it a commercially exploitable resource. Hemp clothing certainly wouldn’t have driven cotton out of production by any means, but that’s not how cotton producers chose to see it. They and others willingly played along to gain a step in the marketplace. Hemp can compete as a resource in many industries.
So the fact that someone else wants to make money, means we can't grow a harmless plant in our own yards and homes. It still sounds crazy. We can grow an apple tree, we can grow beets, but this plant is different. It's worth more than $3.99 a pound, AND someone wants to make money on competing products, so we can be arrested for gardening in our own yards.
Not enough mind your own business in the world.
And this isn't news, but after a quiet season with these plants, it all seems so stupidly removed and unrelated to the sun, fresh air and time spent in the garden. By removed I mean having near nothing to do with the plant itself. Growing weed has been an act of defiance, common sense and revolution by many. I imagine that in the face of the ludicrous, people will still grow, and this won't be the end.
But that might be the weed talking.

Top Bottom