Is it possible vaporising will never get me as high?

C No Ego

It looks quite similar to loose tobacco, but a bit darker.

This post about the avb was extremely confusing to me. I have never made edibles before, I have never used avb before, so I think I need to find an "explain it like I'm 5" kind of tutorial for it :) I think you might think I'm more knowledgable than I am! I wonder how to find out whether I can just put it onto peanut butter toast or not. I will keep googling.

I am also a little confused about how 0,5g should take 3 bowls, since the bowl is "supposed" to be filled to the brim each time. I'm very careful about exposing as much surface area as possible, I grind it well and spread it out and use the liquid pad. In fact I don't even tilt the machine in case the material could still slide about.

Unfortunately without a credit card I'm kind of stuck with whatever is sold in the store in the next city over. And definitely still very stuck with only dry materials. I really feel like I wasted my money trying to switch to vaping.

You know what's interesting? I've never felt a single thing from smoking pipes. I've never used a bong before, so can't comment on that. But outting just herb into a pipe which has the bowl at one end, the hole you put your finger onto, and the bit that goes in your mouth - I've literally never felt a single thing from that regardless of strain and anything else. And that even uses way more herb that what I would normally put into a spliff. I think of myself as a bit of a lightweight since pure joints with only herb in them have knocked me onto my ass in Amsterdam on a few occasions. But truly I hate when friends bring out pipes because it's totally wasted on me, I don't feel anything at all. I wonder if this is related.

I don't smoke cigarettes with any regularity - five a year, about - and they also give me zero feeling, no head rush, no couchlock, nothing but a bit of nausea. I don't feel anything in my lungs or head at all.

please look into this to increase your receptor capacity in your ECS ( endocannabinoid system)..
a few things- use whole black peppercorns along with your cannabis... this increase beta caryophyllene in your body and that in turn works directly with your ECS to boost cannabinoid signalling... just chew on one or two peppercorns before vaporizing...

also, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.. these little buggers are of most importance to your high because you make endocannabinoids from omega fats! omega 6 and 3 fats are synthesized into endocannabinoids via the precursor PUFAs arachidonic acid... without the omega fats ingested from your diet your ECS lacks lipid fats to make the endocannabinoids!

hemp seed oil is great omega fats to consume daily... fish oils are questionable and I'd use Krill oil instead.. Black walnuts are some of the highest omega fats too... omega 9 like you find in prepared foods and such is a pro-inflammitory omega profile and creates pain, oxidation, and depression in our bodies...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You know what's interesting? I've never felt a single thing from smoking pipes. I've never used a bong before, so can't comment on that. But outting just herb into a pipe which has the bowl at one end, the hole you put your finger onto, and the bit that goes in your mouth - I've literally never felt a single thing from that regardless of strain and anything else. And that even uses way more herb that what I would normally put into a spliff.
You are inhaling?? :hmm:
I don't speak for @Gray Area , but I don't think he was being rude, I think he was incredulous, as am I. I can not understand how it is possible for you to get high on joints and not get high on smoking a pipe. Believe me when I tell you it can't be your rolling papers that are doing the deed for you. It MUST be the active ingredients in the cannabis, and you are getting them both ways. Vaping is different because you can do that wrong and not properly release the buzzy components but if it exhausts (turning dark is an indicator) even vaping badly should give you effects.

I'm sorry you are not local to me so we could experiment together and try to figure out whats what, but I guess you are just gonna have to practice until you get it. We online here will try to help you however we can.

Alexis

omega 9 like you find in prepared foods and such is a pro-inflammitory omega profile and creates pain, oxidation, and depression in our bodies...
Well done C No, i immediately thought of you in relation to this matter and hoped you would chime in with a mention of cannabimimetics (think I spelled that right off the top of my head.)

One point, omega 6 is highly inflammatory, and we consume a lot more of it than omega 9.
Too much actually. It is probably the biggest downside to eating lots of nuts and seeds actually.

Like walnuts (not sure about black) are frequently touted as an excellent source of omega-3, when in fact they contain substantially more omega-6 than omega-3 so that ironically consuming walnuts regularly will further offset the already huge and unfavourable imbalance of essential Omega fatty acids in the body.

Due to the meddling of man with our food supply such as the way animals are reared and, meat and dairy is typically far higher in Omega 6 and omega-3, and way out of proportion compared to how it should be and how it used to be.

Also the over consumption of vegetable and seed oils, even the cold pressed unrefined versions which are the only acceptable versions of these fats anyway, is contributing heavily to this epidemic imbalance of omega-3 to Omega 6 fatty acids, and is a key driving force in many inflammatory conditions nowadays.

So ideally we should limit our consumption of certain vegetable and seed oils. I adore cold pressed sesame oil but I don't actually use it anymore because I love my nuts and seeds, whereas extra virgin olive oil is not so high in Omega 6 or 9 and is not so offsetting to the balance.

Butter and dairy from grass fed cows will have the natural and appropriate balance of Omega 3 to 6, but I believe it's still will have less omega-3. The same goes for grass fed meat.

Ok I'm not sure what my point is actually. Just chiming in on the importance of taking some steps to ensure that our omega-6 intake is not overly monstrous in relation to our lack of omega-3 today. Consuming a lot of Omega-3 fatty acids is little use if our Omega 6 intake continues to greaty outweigh it, and this is the important points to understand.

Please keep all of the excellence information coming @C No Ego and have a nice day!:tup:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Alexis Nice post , but can you please explain me how can one supplement omega acids from cooked/thermally processed products like butter,milk,meat,etc... ,i've heard that it causes them severe degradation. I am quite sure that they arent offered and nobody is going to eat them in their raw form ? I mean milk and butter get pasteurised and meat is also rarely consumed in its raw form.
Here is a table of the fat content in various seeds http://www.curezone.org/foods/fatspercent.asp
It seems that hemp oil is closest to the perfect balance . :)
Good balance in diet between LA(w6) and LNA(w3) fatty acids is (w3) LNA 1:2 LA (w6)
Hemp oil is 1:3 .

Last edited:

Alexis

@Alexis Nice post , but can you please explain me how can one supplement omega acids from cooked/thermally processed products like butter,milk,meat,etc... ,i've heard that it causes them severe degradation. I am quite sure that they arent offered and nobody is going to eat them in their raw form ? I mean milk and butter get pasteurised and meat is also rarely consumed in its raw form.
Here is a table of the fat content in various seeds http://www.curezone.org/foods/fatspercent.asp
It seems that hemp oil is closest to the perfect balance . :)
Good balance in diet between LA(w6) and LNA(w3) fatty acids is (w3) LNA 1:2 LA (w6)
Hemp oil is 1:3 .
I cant answer that truthfully regarding actual availability of omegas in cooked /pasteurised meat and dairy.
Rendered beef fat from grass fed animals is considered a useful source of omegas, and has a more favourable ration of 1-2, or 1-3 omega 3-6.
I understand where you are coming from, I guess I never questioned how much tte fatty acids are destroyed etc by cooking/processing.

Maybe it isn't so clear cut though and these substances are still reaching or affecting the body somehow? I shan't pretend to know however, I cant use dairy and only eat organic meat, and grass fed where possible.

Thank you for the link to the table. I had a browse, and it is very clear how the majority of these fat sources are monstrously high in Omega 6 and very low in Omega-3.

Cashew nuts struck out at me as a good choice of regular nut intake because they are very low in Omega 6. It would be more beneficial to the balance of omega fatty acids to eat cashew nuts over walnuts, even though cashew nuts don't contain any omega-3.

But cashew nuts are not raw anyway because they are boiled to get them out of their shells, so I wonder if this is why they are showing no omega-3 content?
It is still possible to buy raw milk you just have to source a local farm, or buy online.
And there are a lot of people who do eat raw meat still. Surely rare cooked meat will retain some of it essential fatty acids?
Olive oil and coconut oil in the table stand out as being preferable for maintaining a closer ratio, containing no omega-3 but very low Omega 6, in huge contrast to many of the other oils listed.

And this is exactly the problem because the over consumption of these numerous types of fat is fuelling this epidemic imbalance.
Chia seeds I have known for some tyre are extremely high in Omega-3, but also are a little higher in Omega 6. So they are not exactly boosting your omega-3 ratio beneficially.

Flax seeds on the other hand appear to be more favourable in that regard. However flax seed oil is regarded by some as being an inferior source because not everybody is able to convert some aspects of the fatty acid components into a usable form for the body, and a larger dose is needed compared to a fish or krill oil.

Hemp oil is still considerably higher in Omega 6, and while the ratio is close enough to if not optimum, it would still do little to correct the imbalance if one is still consuming far too much Omega 6 from other fat sources.

I am by no means an expert on this subject at all or any other to be truthful. Just something I keep in mind to ponder. I am certainly a subscriber to the notion that has a race we have strayed so far from our ideal and appropriate diet, and that many of the crops we cultivate and consume in abundance perhaps are not suitable or certainly not in the proportions we use them in.

If there is substance and merit to this idea of keeping our omega-3 and 6 intake more in line, then it is clear from the table that the vast majority of fat sources are heavily upsetting to this balance.
This is why I favour coconut and extra virgin olive oil as my main fat sources, to complement my regular intake of nuts and seeds, with fatty fish such as salmon, sardines anchovies and mackerel being excellent sources of omega-3. However then comes to matter of pollution and in particular Mercury. Smaller fish will be better and accumulate less toxins.

I still eat fish. I feel that we are in an impossible situation and ideals are simply not achievable any more diet wise. We can avoid toxins etc but maybe we don't actually gain anything by limiting or avoiding certain foods due to the delicate balance we require of nutrients.

I am actually allergic to sardines the only fish or meat I know I have an allergy to, just a digestive intolerance. Mackerel I believe is higher in Mercury than Wild Pacific pink Salmon.

Farmed fish should be avoided altogether as it is fed unnatural food and will be much lower in omega-3 and far higher in Omega 6, but that is not the reason I avoid farmed fish religiously- it is due to the chemicals, antibiotics and growth hormones etc that are pumped into them.

Please take all this with a pinch of salt pretending to know anything, I just keep my mind as open as possible and try to build an understanding that serves myself and others.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
All of my study of nutrition suggests to avoid processed oils and stick with fats in their natural sources. It is our manipulation through refining which ruins the synergistic components responsible for proper assimilation and uptake.

Alexis

Please excuse my posts where they do not appear to make sense. I am lying on my back doing some treatments on infections and I often use the tablets talk to text feature to save myself typing.
But it is forever putting the wrong words in the wrong places and I don't realise until after I posted. It makes me sound like a dumbass the majority of the time!:argh:
I have sex corrected the errors in my post above (but I'm going to leave this one in at the beginning of this sentence just as an example of how annoying and misconstruing it can be):

"sex" should have said "since"!:lol:
So please just keep this in mind if you can whenever you see any of my posts, and if something doesn't make sense please do your best to read between the lines. I thank you for your understanding.:tup:

Last edited:

Alexis

One thing I didn't think to mention earlier and a little trick I employ to try and limit my
Omega 6 intake- each time I open a new jar of organic peanut butter or tahini, before I stir it all together (which can be pretty damn hard at times to mix the oil which has separated back into dense solid nut "matter"), I skim off as much of the oil from the top as I can.

This actually makes it much easier to stir it together again into a smooth even consistency. But I do this in order to limit my Omega 6 intake. If the nut butter is too thick then I will happily add a little extra virgin olive oil. This way my adoration of nuts and seeds is not upsetting the balance of omegas in my body as much as if I was consuming all of the nut fat each time.

Probably there is some advantage to consuming the whole of the nut, fat and all, from a "whole food" point of view. But there is still plenty of fat left in the peanut butter and I would argue that this is the lesser of the two evils, to reduce Omega 6 intake slightly.

Last edited:

C No Ego

One thing I didn't think to mention earlier and a little trick I employ to try and limits my
Omega 6 intake- each time I open a new jar of organic peanut butter or tahini, before I stir it all together (which can be pretty down hard at times to mix the oil which has separated back into dense solid nut "matter"), I skim off as much of the oil from the top as I can.

This actually makes it much easier to stir it together again into a smooth even consistency. But I do this in order to limit my Omega 6 intake. If the nut butter is too thick then I will happily add a little extra virgin olive oil. This way my adoration of nuts and seeds is not upsetting the balance of amigas in my body as much as if I was consuming all of the nut fat each time.

Probably there is some advantage to consuming the whole of the nut, fat and all, from a "whole food" point of view. But there is still plenty of fat left in the peanut butter and I would argue that this is the lesser of the two evils, to reduce Omega 6 intake slightly.

I'm still looking into all this and got the omega 9 part wrong :hmm: Lol... anyway, yeah that top oil in the nut butters jar is oxidized cholesterol most likely= bad oil... i try and remember to pour it off and re top it off with olive oil from Spain...
Has this thread gone in the wrong direction? I know diet effects high so.......... the better your diet the better your high time
the cannabimimetics are really fascinating too... more later Peace

JmVape1988

Bro! Since I switched to vaporizing than using your traditional pipes or bong or etc. Its all worth it i know its kinda pricey but when it comes to consuming your marijuana its all worth the price :-)

JmVape1988,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I'm still looking into all this and got the omega 9 part wrong :hmm: Lol... anyway, yeah that top oil in the nut butters jar is oxidized cholesterol most likely= bad oil... i try and remember to pour it off and re top it off with olive oil from Spain...
Has this thread gone in the wrong direction? I know diet effects high so.......... the better your diet the better your high time
Yep I apologize to the OP ,for leading the thread in this direction.. .I havent medicated in a some time due the circumstances and i calm my soul by going trough threads i usually neglect .. and that ibuprofen i take for my pain is messing hard with my concentration.. :D.. As i look into the last 10-20 posts i have made , offtopic is present in at least 50% of them...

C No Ego

Yep I apologize to the OP ,for leading the thread in this direction.. .I havent medicated in a some time due the circumstances and i calm my soul by going trough threads i usually neglect .. and that ibuprofen i take for my pain is messing hard with my concentration.. :D.. As i look into the last 10-20 posts i have made , offtopic is present in at least 50% of them...

I'm sure OP is Ok, have not seen him/her post since though, could uh mist it.. these threads certainly take on New direction all their own lol... learnin on the free board

Top Bottom