Is it possible using different devices give different effects even with the same strain of herb?

david8613

Is it possible using different devices give off different effects even with the same strain of herb? I have a ghost mv1 and dynavap vapecap "m" 2019 and I swear the effects I am feeling from the same batch of herb is very different. with my ghost mv1 it is a very nice smooth laid back, relaxed feeling but with my vapcap I feel a much stronger more intense feeling of the effects, still very good but different, lol. I was caught off guard by this, that vapcap is something else for such small amount of herb she uses.

darbarikanada

vapcaps easily reach combustion temps, so you might be vaping at higher temps with it. some people think that the more sedating components of cannabis vaporize at higher temps, so your vapcap could theoretically get you more couch-locked than your MV-1.

Last edited:

david8613

Very interesting, I'm using an induction heater so im not sure what temp it is at, but I can see it vaping everything perfectly no green left, everything golden brown. With my mv1 I'm still learning how to pack the crucibles so sometimes everything is vaped perfectly and other times I can still see a little green, but I usually temp. Step with mv1.

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Even if you try to match the various vapes in terms of temperature just by reference of say vapour density using the same strain in both.

The differences are subtle between the devices, buts its definitely different, sometimes i see my tolerance being effected if i use the same device over and over again. In such times i switch it up and it seems to trick my body a little.

Here its difficult to get different strains in small quantities, so i keep switching my vapes.
Normally use vapexhale for day time usage, after work in the evening session i use the flowerpot. On weekends i also tend to alternate between the two often.

david8613

I noticed a big difference in effects between the ghost mv1 and dynavap "m" with an induction heater. It might be also I'm still learning the subtleties of the ghost mv1 like loading the crucibles correctly, and temperature stepping, I dont think I'm getting full extraction from the ghost yet but I'm getting very close. I also think using an induction heater with the dynavap made it much easier to get full extraction, I could see it's very nicely toasted no green at all just brown. My friend let me borrow his firefly 2, gonna see how that one compares tonight.:tup:

david8613

I haven't posted here in a minute, this is gonna be long. I have a few very nice vapes i use, And all have been great. Last night I used my storz and bickel plenty for the first time. Jeez!!!! This thing rocked me. It got me so medicated!!! I used a liquid pad as a spacer so I did not have to use alot of product. The plenty is absolutely amazing, it just kept chugging along producing so much vapor, it seemed like the vapor was never ending. I couldn't even finish the bowl! Seriously I had to put the darn thing down! My wife and I were so blasted, We were Laughing our asses off non stop watching "Jack ass" those guys are nutz! But way later on I got the shivers, why does that happen??? Last time that happened to me was when i ate a little too much edibles, its wierd. the plenty is a seriously underrated vaping beast! Lots of cool, very thick vapor. The plenty produced so much vapor I had lower the heater knob from 7 that was recommended by vape critic to 6, because wifey was coughing from the huge amount of vapor she was inhaling, even though her inhales were short, also the vapor wasn't hot at all, not one bit. We were super baked for such a long time too, much longer than with my other vapes I use. I have some really good vapes in my line up, the plenty blew them all away very easily. Its crazy that this odd looking power tool device has this much power and performance. Vape credit reviewed the new hybrid volcano and he said the plenty is similar in vapor quality, he also noted the design of the plenty bowl and hybrid volcano look very much alike, having a combination of conduction and convection. So I'm thinking if you don't have a big budget for the hybrid volcano and you want a little taste of the hybrid volcano, get a plenty. I gaurantee you will not be disappointed and you will be super duper baked to the max. Is the plenty a mini hybrid? I dont know but someone here needs to use these two devices back to back and see.

My next vape I'm going to try is a mod pod stempod, it uses a 510 box mod to power it, similar to the splinter and imp. I am hearing excellent reviews on these 510 style vapes.

So far my conclusion for this thread is yes different devices definitely give you very different effects.

Last edited:

david8613

I also wanted to add when I checked the chamber last night after getting all that vapor the day before, It still had lots of green! I finished it off last night, there is a reason why storz and bickle named the plenty "the plenty" you really do get plenty!

also guys please don't think I am Vape Critic fan boy, I mentioned him because he is the only one that reviewed the plenty in depth, other reviewer kind of just went over the usual stuff. he does have useful information on his channel.

Last edited:

david8613

I have to retract some of what I said, the plenty is a beast, yes it does produce super nice clean cool vapor, but the reason why she didnt want to stop producing vapor was because even though I used the liquid pad to take up space and use less product in chamber. I definitely had more product in the chamber than when I use in my mv1, mighty, fire fly 2 or dynavap m 2019. So that was bad on my part I will do it over again but with the same amount I use in my other vapes and see what happens, I'm sure I will still get great vapor and high just not as intense. By the way my avb was perfectly vaped, no charring, no green bits, perfectly golden brown avb. Storz and really know how to extract.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Is it possible using different devices give off different effects even with the same strain of herb? I have a ghost mv1 and dynavap vapecap "m" 2019 and I swear the effects I am feeling from the same batch of herb is very different. with my ghost mv1 it is a very nice smooth laid back, relaxed feeling but with my vapcap I feel a much stronger more intense feeling of the effects, still very good but different, lol. I was caught off guard by this, that vapcap is something else for such small amount of herb she uses.

I would give this a yes, from seeing so many people say it and experiencing it myself, but thats still all anecdotal evidence. Obviously, conduction/convection is likely a thing but...

One thing I would say is to never, ever underestimate the power of placebo. Placebo counts for a lot more than we puny humans usually give it credit. Some studies have shown that drug overdoses can be down to taking the same amount, from the same batch, taken by the same user but in an entirely new location. Ritual is real, folks :)

Not saying that what we've experienced isnt true, just that the thread made me think of the above :)

Storz and really know how to extract.

Storz and Extract really know how to bickel!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Large doses of cannabis reduce body temperature likely due to effects on the thyroid

Wait... What...?

Well, Holy shit.

I have Graves Disease, currently in remission, and has been for a while. Simply, Graves is an over active thyroid. My medication for reducing thyroid function also has a slight side effect of a low percentage change of death. While lowering the thyroid functions its not a cure, its just a hope that lowering the functions will make the thyroid start behaving. If it doesnt then its radiation treatment or surgery.

The meds were doing nothing and then I started making AVB coconut oil and eating that regularly, along with the official meds.

I was in remission within two months and I've always had to keep in mind that it might have been completely coincidental that remission happened not long after starting the coconut oil regimen.

And then you post that :)

THANK YOU

Alexis

Okay I won't go into detail, I'm too worn out but otherwise generally good, high and merry, thanks in part to some really lovely weed.

But to answer the question- YES YES YES absolutely all day long this is exactly what I have been talking about for a few years now.

Thank you for drawing more attention to this phenomenon which is quite interesting and fascinating to me personally. It has genuinely amazed me how extraordinarily different the subjective experience of the same herb can be using a different device.

I have been telling people like friends and stuff (lol I do actually have friends would you believe, although I strongly feel I am a better friend to them than they are to me)...

sorry, the point- I feel it can make even more of a difference to switch device than to switch strain.
This is my honest experience anyway having a variety of different strains which are either indica leaning, sativa leaning or middle of the road.

Certainly not all vaporizers are equal in the exact type of high they deliver. Some are vastly superior in my experience with regards to the effects from a recreational and pleasurable point of view.

But then equally and maybe more so as many of you have probably seen me repeatedly rambling about, the other side of this is that not all vaporizers are equal in terms of how medicinal the herb vaped with them can be for you.

Again in my experience which is my perception and intuition which I trust strongly on this particular aspect of vaporizing, there is significant variation between different models in terms of how effectively they extract and deliver the beneficial medicinal compounds in the cannabis plant so that your body can make the most efficient and immediate use of them for both preventive and curative medicinal support.

This is so important in my mind and I really stand by this view and belief and feel that this is why it is important for people to understand this when it comes to choosing a model and weighing up costs and benefits etc.

Whoops...I went into detail! :ugh: Can't help myself, I am high though with a nice "cuppa."

I'm pleased to see this question being asked because it has surprised me how little Focus and awareness there has been on this area and characteristic of the tools and science of cannabis vaporization which I hope will only get more interesting and revealing through time.

Everyone- have a wicked evening. Back to my vapor. :)

Last edited:

david8613

There is something I think I'm noticing with the different vapes I use. It feels like when I use a device that is pure convection (mv1,firefly2) I think I get a more clearer, cleaner high if that makes sense, but when i use a convection/conduction vape (mighty, plenty, dynavap) I think i get a more stoner high. I dont remember the type of high I got from my conduction vapes (davinci IQ) I have to continue checking this out with current vapes. Gonna try a stempod tonight pure convection and see what happens even I think the stempod might have some conduction due to the steel barrel, not sure. I know for sure convection vapes that have a little conduction in the mix produce lots of vapor (mighty,plenty,dynavap,cfx) vs just convection.

Alexis

There is something I think I'm noticing with the different vapes I use. It feels like when I use a device that is pure convection (mv1,firefly2) I think I get a more clearer, cleaner high if that makes sense, but when i use a convection/conduction vape (mighty, plenty, dynavap) I think i get a more stoner high. I dont remember the type of high I got from my conduction vapes (davinci IQ) I have to continue checking this out with current vapes. Gonna try a stempod tonight pure convection and see what happens even I think the stempod might have some conduction due to the steel barrel, not sure. I know for sure convection vapes that have a little conduction in the mix produce lots of vapor (mighty,plenty,dynavap,cfx) vs just convection.
Good stuff mate go ahead and do some investigating and have fun in the process good on you for asking the questions and thinking openly.

However I have to stress that there is one hell of a lot more to this than conduction versus convection etc you can have two two devices with the same element and ratio of those heating characteristics which can still have vastly different subjective effects.

I guess some people are just a little more finicky and intuitive and perceptive about The Subtle differences between different devices as are some people with different strains of weed more than others.

But I swear to you there is some crazy science underlying this stuff which we, as the united vaporizing community, have no comprehension of still, IMO of course.

habitat-fc

Just to throw a spanner in the works the "stoniest" vape I have is a pure convection vape the NewVape Flowerpot ShowerHead! Gives me the most heavy effects of any vape, I have. Beats the conduction vapes I have by miles for "stony" effects.

Top Bottom