• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Is it possible my Launch Box helps my pain better than my Vapor Warez?

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
SimonC said:
Vicky, if your VW is anything like mine, I'm not surprised you feel a difference. Compared to the DBV, the VW is almost useless. FWIW, mine is an older unit.

Simon
I actually have always loved my VW. That hasn't changed. :)

It does have a ceramic heating element, and I still think it's a good unit.

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Beezleb said:
However, if you use a bong with direct draw its a mute point as that increases the time frame to possibly even a bit faster than doing bags.
I can't use a bong, I have Asthma.

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
tuttle said:
Could it also be a dosing issue? Perhaps with the LB it is easier for you to find that analgesic window, i.e. not to little to be ineffective, not to much to be a pain amplifier.
Bingo !!.

Most people think that for pain relief, the more bud you take in, the better, but there is a window that if opened too wide, could make the pain worse, or at least, seem worse. Best thing to do is to take a hit, wait 10 minutes to see if it has relieved your pain, and if not take another hit, but wait a bit to see if the second hit worked. If it did, stop there. Your purpose here is not to get high but to relieve the pain. Two different things, really.
I'm not sure if it's a dosing issue or not. I can definitely tell a difference, though. I have always tried to use as little as possible, mainly because it is so expensive for me, and I need to conserve. I really can't afford to use Cannabis to get high, at least not on a daily basis. Usually only special occasions.

Vicki,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
tuttle said:
obelisk said:
I am surprised, instead, by the claims that MJ, after a certain level of ingestion, can increase pre-existing physical pain.
Perhaps my choice of words was not spot in my original statement. I am not sure "increase the pain" is exactly right, but I find (this is speaking solely for me) being too high above the "window" I get into a zone where I am absolutely fixated on the pain. Is that making the pain worse? Perhaps not, but it is making it a lot more noticeable compared to not being medicated at all. Pain can be hard to quantify, so I'm not sure I can fully articulate what I am experiencing, but in general I find it is counterproductive from a pain standpoint to do too much.

Again this may be very different for different people and different pains, but this is my experience when using for chronic daily headache.
Thanks for the clarification tuttle, that makes a lot more sense to me and is perfectly plausible.

And yes, pain is very difficult to quantify. In fact, it is my opinion that pain is pain, i.e. it cannot be measured and different people are capable of processing pain differently because of individual mental and biological make ups. So, often times when two people are comparing pain, whether physical or otherwise-- it is to no avail.

Also -- I know I have derailed this thread enough, my apologies Vicki-- I'd just like to say that your mention of 'daily chronic headache' makes me perceive your comment totally differently. While headaches are physical pain, I do believe that they have a very mental side to them as well. For example, when I first started vaping a few weeks ago, vaping at the normal temperature that the WDZ generates would result in headaches if I vape for over 3-4 hours. Smoking the same weed or vaping it at a higher temperature gives better results.

Anyway-- It is great that everybody here is able to use marijuana productively. I love that-- it is easy to let the leaf be detrimental to everyday life. I wish all of you guys the best with your pains and other medical conditions and hope the leaf continues to offer you the relief you need until you no longer need it. :leaf:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
obelisk said:
Also -- I know I have derailed this thread enough, my apologies Vicki--
It's ok, I like the discussion. :)

Thank you to everyone that has helped me with this question, I appreciate it very much.

Vicki,

lwien

Vicki said:
Thank you to everyone that has helped me with this question, I appreciate it very much.
And I thank you for bringing it up, Vicki. Some interesting info in this thread.

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
One way that many may be able to imagine how 'too much' may make one FEEL more pain is to picture how ingesting 'too much' can make one feel uncomfortable (and picture the impact of that 'uncomfortable' feeling on ones perception of pain).
As far as the original question, I feel that there are too many factors related to how you use each of the units to say anything substantial,although many did contribute some good anecdotal insight and some referencable 'facts' too (and some attempts ;) ).
It could have something to do with the glands having direct contact with the heat source in the MF rather than how the VW uses hot air to vaporize the oils?
PS: lwein, IMO it shows that you spoke to a fairly knowledgable person and made an effort to retain the information shared. edit: I just saw the 'pain thread' and can not cut n paste (or link) my comments ATM (sorry).

lwien

Progress said:
PS: lwein, IMO it shows that you spoke to a fairly knowledgable person and made an effort to retain the information shared.
:lol:

Making an effort to retain information and actually retaining it are two different things, but yeah, I try. :/

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Right now, I am really sick with strep throat that has also turned into a horrible chest cold. I always have to fight nausea on a regular basis, but now it's worse because I'm sick. Usually, I try to vap some kief in my Vapor Warez, and it usually doesn't help the nausea very well.

I tried my Launch Box (no kief) for my nausea this morning. I took a hit, and waited 10 minutes while sipping Sprite and eating crackers. I took 3 hits total, all spaced apart by about 10 minutes. My nausea is completely gone!!

So far, I have found that the Launch Box helps my pain better, and also my nausea. God, I love this thing!!! :D

Vicki,

lwien

Vicki said:
So far, I have found that the Launch Box helps my pain better, and also my nausea. God, I love this thing!!! :D
So happy that you found a vape that works for ya, Vicki.

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
Vicki said:
So happy that you found a vape that works for ya, Vicki.
Me too!! I have never had relief this quickly. I wish I bought the LB sooner.

Vicki,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Wow, great to hear Vicki!! Wonderful to hear and I hope you start feeling better soon :)

Lo,
Top Bottom