Is cereal soup?

Is cereal soup?

• Total voters

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
If I stir my Corn Flakes with a celery stick can I call it Corn Chowder?

If I drop a piece of chicken in my Rice Krispies can I call it Chicken and Rice Soup?

If I remove the the broth, veggies and meat from Chicken Rice Soup and pour in some milk can I call it cereal?

Answer: No, but you'll be enjoying breakfast all by yourself.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Shit, now I'm starting to think that it might be soup.

One definite way to find out is to wait and see if a fly lands in it.

As in the old adage, "Hey waiter, there's a fly in my soup."

If a fly lands in it... then it's soup.

At least that's the borscht-belt mindset.

crawdad

floatin
cereal can turn into soup, heat is not required only time.

i classify a bowl of soup to be a bowl containing edible matter that has leaked flavors and some of their matter into the liquid causing the liquid to transform into a broth. milk can be used for this if you just leave the captain crunch in for too long which tragically defeats the crunch part.

i think cereal is more like a salad but i respect the right for cereal to be identified as soup or salad or neither or not even cereal...im still eating it.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Ok..... how about a new classification. Cereal as candy? Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms...can't remember the last time I ate them out of a bowl instead of by the handful.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Ok..... how about a new classification. Cereal as candy? Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms...can't remember the last time I ate them out of a bowl instead of by the handful.
I was doing that with cookie crisp yesterday, tiny little cookies.

There's a lot of not sweet (bad) cereals though. Actually before this I had never seen/heard oatmeal referred to as cereal, that still seems weird to me. Especially porridge.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I think we all know the real question here....

ad_148796283-e1413377657787.jpg

StickyShisha2

i don't like the lobster soup at the local restaurant. it is just fresh lobster in milk, perhaps a bit of butter.
Everything else i've had there is fine.

and its popular. i always see people eating it. wtf? its just milk and lobster.

Top Bottom