is a tsp enough abv for edibles?

diebodie

I have a little over 1 tsp of golden brown abv. Is that enough for a single dose of edibles? Its going to be my first edibles experience so i don't want to go to far :). Seen plenty of recepies but they all say. 5 grams to 1 gram. Handy if you have a scale to weigh it.

diebodie,

BlazednConfused

Fill this whole street with uppercut
Idk how messed up it is going to get you, but if you want to try to make a fire cracker or something you should feel somethin. It just doesnt seem like a lot to me. I made brownies out of about a quarter of reasonably ABV bud and it gave me a decent buzz.

BlazednConfused,

lwien

I use about 2.25 to 2.5 gr. per dose (well vaped ABV....very dark brown) for edibles and my tolerance is pretty low, but there's such a variance in the amount of enzymes that we have to process it, that it's really a matter of experimentation to see what works for you.

diebodie

Was gonna toss it in a greek salad. The oil in dressing will provide my fat. The quarter for a dozen rights?

diebodie,

TriiKLe

Manufacturer
I guess it depends on your herbs in the first place ( potency and how much you have extracted out of them ) from my own experience with med - dark ABV 1 tablespoon is good.

Also I am not sure about the Greek salad idea. Don't know if that will do the trick.
Maybe someone else knows. Don't know if heat is necessary or not. Assuming you have your salads cold.

TriiKLe,

BlazednConfused

Fill this whole street with uppercut
heat is necessary as far as I know. I think you would just be eating it in the dressing. Unless vinegar is acidic enough to break it down maybe? I would put peanut butter on crackers and sprinkle the bud on top and bake for 10 minutes at like 350.

BlazednConfused,

cellardoor

No heat necessary for ABV!,!, just eat that stuff! You already heated it by Vaping!!!

I've heard this but after making some firecrackers with about 5 grams of ABV from a davinci (vaped to 395 F) and barely feeling a thing I think you're probably better off heating it just in case all the THC isn't decarbolyzed yet (or whatever the process is called).

cellardoor,

lauz

Apprentice vaporist
I use about 2.25 to 2.5 gr. per dose (well vaped ABV....very dark brown) for edibles and my tolerance is pretty low, but there's such a variance in the amount of enzymes that we have to process it, that it's really a matter of experimentation to see what works for you.
This would explain me failing to get high yet from edibles :( is there anyway you can adjust these enzymes to get high easier? It's pretty unfair as some people claim eating to be immense.

lauz,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hmm.. ABV for your first edible experience? :/ Not saying it's going to be bad, but it won't be a real "full-spectrum" edible. The more you vaporize your materials, the less cannabinoids will be left in it.

I can get 2g hash edibles and I do prefer those sometimes but they can branch a bit on the sativa side. My ABV edibles usually come out being really sedating, which I like.

Quetzalcoatl,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Hmm.. ABV for your first edible experience? :/ Not saying it's going to be bad, but it won't be a real "full-spectrum" edible. The more you vaporize your materials, the less cannabinoids will be left in it.

I can get 2g hash edibles and I do prefer those sometimes but they can branch a bit on the sativa side. My ABV edibles usually come out being really sedating, which I like.

Yeah, I wouldn't use ABV purely for edibles. I normally just add my ABV to a batch of cannabutter i'm already making and don't even count it in the measurements.

The easiest way to make firecrackers for me is just to measure out the amount of herb it would take to get me high normally in the palm of my hand, add that to the peanut butter cracker and bake on 320 for 20 min. No weighing, no muss, no fuss.

deadheadbill,
Top Bottom