is a hookah a vaporizer?

caseball2051

the concept is similar to vaping.

hot coals on top, through tin foil, to tobacco.

just sittin outside and had the thought, any opinonis?

caseball2051,

steiner666

Serial vapist
yeah, i've always kinda assumed that a hookah, when used that way, vaporizes. i've only ever just combusted herb through one tho, never used the coals on top thing or tobacco.

steiner666,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
i've always considered a hookah as a vaporizer. When used correctly you dont really burn the shisha... however if you stoke it heavily it will combust whatever is in the bowl

DevoTheStrange,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Yeah if you use it right it's definitely a vape but most of the time I feel like if not total combustion there is definitely some charring and what not.

bluntfaced,

Raf007

Retailer
there is combustion in a hooka, for sure.
At the end there is ashes and charcoal.

Raf007,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
now that I have thought about it some, I would also say a Hookah is a Pseudo-Vaporizer. The hits usually have a mixture of both vapor and combustion...
I bet with the right heat source it could be solely a vaporizer... but the set up relies on combustion for a heat source so there is always bound to be some combustion with each bowl

DevoTheStrange,

max

Out to lunch
the set up relies on combustion for a heat source so there is always bound to be some combustion with each bowl
You always get at least some vapor when you smoke. The burning bud is vaporizing the green bud when you draw. The best way to smoke a bowl IMO is to just get it started with your flame, then let the burning bud do the rest, instead of torching the bowl while you draw.

max,
Top Bottom