Gear Is a glass nail good enough?

throwawaytre3s

Hey all,

So I've recently gotten into the world of concentrates, although slowly and in low amounts. I don't want to wreck my tolerance, or get to the point where I'm taking quarter gram dabs like they're nothing. So for now, I've been using a combination of my Yocan Evolve on a box mod, which works wonders, as well an 18mm glass nail on my vapor bong. Am I missing out on much by not getting a Ti nail or a quartz banger/nail/whatever? I know an e-nail is totally unnecessary for the amount I go through, but I wad wondering if you think I could benefit from an upgraded nail? Is it more efficient? Taste better? I know Ti and Quartz both have way better heat retention than glass. Any advice would be great guys!

throwawaytre3s,

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
A glass nail will break much quicker than quartz.
Probably won't notice much flavor dif. Imo
All my glass nails broke just from use.
Im also not very gentle.
That's why i use titanium had a quartz insert but broke it.
A banger is just nice and easy a crowd favorite

Melting Pot,
Reactions: h3rbalist

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Glass is OK but will most likely break soon anyway so the choice you'll have is... more glass nails? Or something else?

The something else will depend on how much money you have to spend.

For the usage you describe you should get something like this quality quartz nail Daisy by C2 custom creations for around 50 notes and a cheap carb cap.

c2-custom-creations-daisy-domeless-quartz-nails-18mm-_-14mm-2_1.jpg

Or up your game with a HE hybrid... or SiC... but expect to pay over 100....

davesmith

Glass Blower
I've had ceramic, Quartz, titanium and glass and tbh I usually just rock a boro banger (fishbowl style). If you vaugly understand how glass works then they don't break very easily. Mines done maybe 200 hits and is fine. The main difference I've found is glass is not so good for big dabs. But that doesn't sound like a problem for you and if def isn't for me! I have got a 3mm banger which I rock occasionally but my micro rig, boro banger and a small dab is just far more consistently tasty.

Just my 2c

throwawaytre3s

I've had ceramic, Quartz, titanium and glass and tbh I usually just rock a boro banger (fishbowl style). If you vaugly understand how glass works then they don't break very easily. Mines done maybe 200 hits and is fine. The main difference I've found is glass is not so good for big dabs. But that doesn't sound like a problem for you and if def isn't for me! I have got a 3mm banger which I rock occasionally but my micro rig, boro banger and a small dab is just far more consistently tasty.

Just my 2c

I'm getting an 18mm ashcatcher / j hook combo, I bet I could throw my 18mm boro nail and dome or a banger on there, and go to town. It'd be real smooth. I think I'll do that!

throwawaytre3s,
Top Bottom