iQOS + Dry Herbs

zRG

Hi all! Has anyone tried dry herbs in the Phillipe Morris tobacco vaporizer iQOS? If so.. does it work?

zRG,

Justpassedu

No , there is a thread about it around the forums someplace , no one has tried but we talked about it.

Justpassedu,

herbivore21

Temp is too low. This device is not for cannabis vaporization and you would struggle to get noticeable clouds from flowers in it.

herbivore21,

zRG

Temp is too low. This device is not for cannabis vaporization and you would struggle to get noticeable clouds from flowers in it.

I think that 350 celsius degrees is not a low temperature for dry herb vaporization

zRG,

herbivore21

I think that 350 celsius degrees is not a low temperature for dry herb vaporization
350c is definitely not low for herb vaping - it's far too high and you'd be combusting the hell out of that load!

However, the fixed temp that the IQOS runs at was 350f! That is one big difference there sir!

zRG

zRG,

herbivore21

Google 350f and you'll find plenty of results too. The internet is full of confusing and contradictory information. If it's 350c, you've got your answer (it'll combust like crazy), if 350f, you also have your answer so rather than arguing with you, I'll say [/thread]

herbivore21,
Reactions: zRG

zRG

I actually know a guy From Philip Morris, who is selling this product in my city and he was the one rhat told me about the temperature. I just postes those sites so you could see that I was not lying. Didn't want to argue with you, I just wanted to give you the correct info.

I will follow the other thread, there's no point of continuing the discussion about this here

zRG,

herbivore21

I actually know a guy From Philip Morris, who is selling this product in my city and he was the one rhat told me about the temperature. I just postes those sites so you could see that I was not lying. Didn't want to argue with you, I just wanted to give you the correct info.

I will follow the other thread, there's no point of continuing the discussion about this here
Oh I have no doubt at all, it is possible it runs at 350c. If so, then don't expect there to be much discussion lasting about it on FC. 350c is a cannabis combusting temperature (or resin dabbing temperature lol). This means that the IQOS is gonna be useless for vaping dry herb. This forum does not typically entertain discussion of ecig/tobacco only type stuff.

There is one thread that discusses vaping tobacco in cannabis vapes, but the IQOS doesn't really quite fit in there either.

herbivore21,

zRG

My interest was only in dry herbs vaping. I would just like to know if it was possible with the iQOS because it's very cheap and a very small unit. But if it's a combusting temperature, then it's already answered :)

Hellz

We'll I just emptied an unused IQOS yellow filter, busted some high count nug, packed it into the filter and gave er a go.

Normally a very strong and heady gaming high was instead a soothing heady almost floating buzz.. perfect for a good night's sleep.. goodnight.

Aback

Google 350f and you'll find plenty of results too. The internet is full of confusing and contradictory information. If it's 350c, you've got your answer (it'll combust like crazy), if 350f, you also have your answer so rather than arguing with you, I'll say [/thread]

F*ck google.. Just search manufacturer's website. :rockon:

"Here’s the key point: the tobacco in a cigarette burns at temperatures in excess of 600°C, generating smoke that contains high levels of harmful chemicals. But IQOSheats tobacco to much lower temperatures, up to 350°C, without combustion, fire, ash, or smoke. "

Easy right!?:lol:

Vaporware

F*ck google.. Just search manufacturer's website. :rockon:

"Here’s the key point: the tobacco in a cigarette burns at temperatures in excess of 600°C, generating smoke that contains high levels of harmful chemicals. But IQOSheats tobacco to much lower temperatures, up to 350°C, without combustion, fire, ash, or smoke. "

Easy right!?:lol:

Not as easy as it may seem because 350c is 662f, and while tobacco may not burn at that temp, cannabis combusts around 230c or 450f. Depending on exactly how the iQOS works and how you load it you may or may not get your flower to the combustion point, but it’s not safe to assume that you won’t combust cannabis with it just because the manufacturer says it shouldn’t combust tobacco!

Vaporware,

Vaporware

Yeah, obviously I was reading that post out of context...apparently I have a brain worm that requires me to say something stupid every time combustion temps come up right now. Hopefully it’ll find a new home soon. :doh: :ugh:

I’m a bit surprised that @Hellz didn’t combust, but I’d be curious to find out why he didn’t if anyone who knows more about the iQOS can explain it. Is it just a convection heater that doesn’t normally get the materials as hot as the 350c they state? Did it have to do with the way he packed it?

Since he only has 1 post from March we might need to get answers from someone else...

The iQOS’s form factor is good though, so it or something like it could be pretty popular if it’s safe and effective for our uses.

Top Bottom