Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
elixsor said:
Hey guys just ran into some hash and I am wondering if its ok to load this stuff up in the Iolite or if it will create a mess once its heated.

Anyone ever tried vaping some hash in the Iolite?
I do it all the time. Just crumble it up super fine, mix it up with your herb before loading and proceed as normal.

Albert Hofmann,

anivape

6 months now without a smoke, thanks again in part to iolite, and some e-cigs I don't use anymore.
properly prepared herb works fine enough for me :) and requires less cleaning
I can go weeks with out having to clean the bowl with just herb, but after a hash session, it needs cleaning.
I too was sorta a pinch hitter, that's what I feel I've gotten the iolite to replace. 2 minute sessions avg.
It did take a bit to get used to though. Consumption may seem only a little less, but
that's not taking account for all the abv pilling up. Also one handed operation is so nice.

anivape,

weed_

i-olite said:

Can anybody explain why every post about this product by i-olite has oddly been edited to NOTHING???

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THIS PRODUCT BUT NOW I AM VERY SUSPICIOUS ABOUT THIS.....

I was interested in getting one but wanted to know more about it, and the thing is that its quite worrying for me that the company would remove all posts relating to manufacturing and materials (as well as safety with the butane) and in the end Im left wondering how the system even actually works??? I read on their description of the product there is "no flame" and then at the same time advertising "easily ignited and reaches vaporizing temperature".....

weed_,

chucku

Charles Urbane
weed said:
i-olite said:

Can anybody explain why every post about this product by i-olite has oddly been edited to NOTHING???

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THIS PRODUCT BUT NOW I AM VERY SUSPICIOUS ABOUT THIS.....

I was interested in getting one but wanted to know more about it, and the thing is that its quite worrying for me that the company would remove all posts relating to manufacturing and materials (as well as safety with the butane) and in the end Im left wondering how the system even actually works??? I read on their description of the product there is "no flame" and then at the same time advertising "easily ignited and reaches vaporizing temperature".....

Correct me if I am wrong, the poster who goes by 'i-olite' is like the rest of us a vape user and not an official spokesperson for the Iolite brand. There have been posts from Ogelsby & Butler but using a different user name that I do not recall right now.

chucku,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I think the user rep might have used the name I Inhale, but I could be wrong...Good luck. You could always email the Iolite USA email addy (if you are in the US) :peace:

Bluntcrush,

sesssions

I just ordered an Iolite off amazon a few nights ago, should be here tomorrow. Anyway I was wondering if it would be THAT bad to use lower quality butane just for a few uses. I also ordered some vector butane but it probably won't get to me till next week sometime. And I wanted to use my new toy this weekend.

Thanks for the help. This is my first vaporizer that is my own so I'm pretty excited.

sesssions,

Calvin

I wouldn't risk it, I personally don't think the extra couple days of use would be worth potentially breaking your iolite and putting you out $200. If you don't have another vape just keep combusting till your butane comes.

Calvin,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
You can usually find a high quality butane at stores that sell fine tobacco/cigars/lighters. I have seen too many units go wonky using the cheap stuff. Not worth it IMO. I'd see if you can grab a can locally that says 5x refined or the likes if I were in your shoes.

Lo,
Ditto on the 5x. Check your local head shop. Mine in Missoula sells Vector Signature 5x 320 ml for $6, if that helps any!

harleyamazon,
kingkongreggae said:
Just curious. I got my iolite awhile ago and just finished my first batch of smoke. Seems like I'm going through a lot more than with a combustible method. Typically for combustion, I'll do small pinches, single hits. I haven't found an effective way to do anything similar with the iolite. less than a full bowl seems to be even more wasteful than filling it up. A quantity that I could spread out over a couple of sessions, with combustion, now barely lasts for a single session and to less effect. I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of efficiency. Is there something I'm missing, some technique I should know about ? I love the fact that there's so little odor - I can easily smoke in the car or in public and not be detected, which is a huge plus over combustion, not to mention the health benefits. But I really hate the fact that I'm going through much more product to less effect. Any tips would be welcome. (One bonus is that I save all of the dumpings and after they've accumulated, eat a couple of tablespoons, and do get a decent buzz.)
It does have a bit of a learning curve, especially if you are new to vapinging like I. You can get single hits off your Iolite (I like single tokes too!), but it is best to not dink around with it...get your hits and turn it off. I take the bowl out and let it cool off ASAP. Not worth turning off if you are 15 minutes into a session, heat will burn it up and you might as well finish it by that point in time.
I just got a MFLB, just exactly for this reason. I do like my MFLB, but am still struggling with the learning curve. It is great for 1 hits, however I haven't gotten my hits to equal a trench= 1 battery. I think once you get past the learning curve on any vape device, that maybe product consumption will go down as stated. You won't need to do so much teaching yourself how to get the perfect hit on the Iolite, as I think you need to do with the MFLB. Good luck, hope this helps!

harleyamazon,

weed_

StickyShisha said:

Now this is getting interesting....... I was ACTUALLY refering to the OP OF THIS THREAD.... Which BTW their user name is "i-olite"

BUT

It seems that the user "i-olite" ....... http://www.fuckcombustion.com/profile.php?id=235
AND the user ............."iolite".......... http://www.fuckcombustion.com/profile.php?id=709

ARE OBVIOUSLY THE SAME PERSON.... easy to tell by the time-stamp on their posts that have been edited to nothing more than an exclamation mark "." ...... WTF...?

The OP (http://www.fuckcombustion.com/profile.php?id=235) Talks about a BETA testing program for this product so I can only assume that they are 100% affiliated with this company...... BUT WTF IS GOING ON HERE?????!?!?!??? As I already mentioned all information pertaining to build quality,, materials,, safety etc. and it appears that all direct information offered and provided on these boards by what seems to be the manufacturer, has been edited to NOTHING....

This seems VERY strange to me indeed, I was interested in buying one but what seems like a lack of confidence in their own information about their own product puts huge doubts in my mind.... :2c:

So can anyone offer me further thoughts on this information (or the lack there of)?

Thanks guys your all fucking awesome! :D
Peace.

(Quick edit to fix links)

weed_,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Just an educated guess. Iolite is made by Oglesby and Butler. Their main line of business is industry leading butane and propane powered soldering irons, heaters and torches. The Iolite may have started out as a side project by stoner employees but has gotten too much of the 'wrong' kind of noteriety to suit the powers thst be in the ivory tower.

chucku,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
Just found my i-inhale in a box in my closet... thought i'd lost it!

Dunno if anyone has tried this, but I just dropped some e-liquid on a bowl of grass-- Suddenly there was visible vapor and crazy flavor. And this was off of a tank of butane that has been sitting around for over a year, easily. I'll drain it off and get some vector tomorrow.

Also, I've seen e-cig people use a little ring of paper towel as a juice cartridge. The paper doesn't burn, which makes sense, and apparently the throat hit is immense.

I really hated my iolite last time i used it... but at the moment i've got a giddy little head high, and i'm pretty pleased.

Also, mine is an i-inhale, which is the older one; what's the difference? i've heard the pin is not removable on new units, which sure seems like a downgrade, as that's how you change the screen.

Orestes,

StickyShisha2

Orestes said:
JAlso, mine is an i-inhale, which is the older one; what's the difference? i've heard the pin is not removable on new units, which sure seems like a downgrade, as that's how you change the screen.
what screen are you asking about?

frogbmth said:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn311/frogbmth/DSCN0558.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn311/frogbmth/DSCN0559.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn311/frogbmth/DSCN0560.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn311/frogbmth/DSCN0562.jpg
DSCN0566.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn311/frogbmth/DSCN0564.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn311/frogbmth/DSCN0567.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn311/frogbmth/DSCN0572.jpg

StickyShisha2,

StickyShisha2

chucku said:
Just an educated guess. Iolite is made by Oglesby and Butler. Their main line of business is industry leading butane and propane powered soldering irons, heaters and torches. The Iolite may have started out as a side project by stoner employees but has gotten too much of the 'wrong' kind of noteriety to suit the powers thst be in the ivory tower.

i think this may be the case. I searched back through the board for posts around the time of the deletions, thinking i must have missed (or missed out on) some drama, but nothing seemed amiss to me.

StickyShisha2,

frogbmth

Orestes said:
i've heard the pin is not removable on new units, which sure seems like a downgrade, as that's how you change the screen.

In my photos above, the lower screen that clamps under the removable heating pin on the i-inhale is removed. I did this early on as it was a pointless thing that made the vape worse and was a nightmare to clean. Also the heating pin threads used to strip easily. I never had that, but many others reported it and complained about it at the time. Overall there is little to warrant an upgrade, supposedly the new iolite has a better gas flow but I didn't notice the difference. I wanted a black IO and the guy I bought my I-Inhale from sent me a free one as a thank you for helping other users and writing my user guide PDF that he posted on his online shop :)

Enjoy your I-Inhale, with a little patience learning technique they are cracking vapes.

frogbmth,

Lo

Nice to see you around Frog... You've been missed!! I often sent people to your info links ;) The Iolite King Frog!

Lo,

frogbmth

Thanks Lo! I do appreciate it. I had a medical issue over the New Year and had to have surgery in February. 95% recovered now, it's nice to be back and see my good friends again! I have some catching up to do on whats new and whats hot :)

frogbmth,

Lo

Oh man! Glad to hear you're on the rebound! I was wondering about you, glad you're doing okay! Lots of new stuff going on lately, ought to keep you busy catching up.

Lo,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
frogbmth said:
Orestes said:
Also, I've seen e-cig people use a little ring of paper towel as a juice cartridge. The paper doesn't burn, which makes sense, and apparently the throat hit is immense.

I made a video on it....

Youtube - HD Iolite Part 2 - E-liquid

What a nice video. Seriously, the background music is really relaxing. I'm completely vaped at the moment, off of my i-inhale exclusively. And that video was aesthetically appropriate.

I'm still just dripping straight on to my herbs... The throat hit can be a bit much. But it provides better flavor than any atomizer... More distinct flavor, anyway. I'm going to use it to make some reviews because it really helps isolate the a specific flavors of a more complex juice.

Orestes,
Got my iolite yesterday and tried it out for a good hour or so....not sure on wat to think about it. It didnt produce the vapor that i was wanting. I mean it did vape my herb and i got high but like others have commented on here they said that it definantly took more than if i were to just load a bowl and smoke it. I bought the iolite exclusivly for its portability and how stealthy it was. I have a vapor bros handfree whip vape and i used to have a vapir one 5.0 which i actually thought worked really well once i figured it out. Im goin to get some plastic tubing after work to make a small whip-like extension off the mouthpiece as ive heard this helps. If n e one has any suggestions to make it hit better let me know. Im also on the market for another vape being that the iolite was kinda disappointing (espcially for the $249 i paid at the local headshop) so if you got n e suggestions let me knw. Ive heard that Da Buddha and the SSV are good ones. Never tried em though. Id almost prefer a force-air one.

tokedank420,
tokedank420 said:
Got my iolite yesterday and tried it out for a good hour or so....not sure on wat to think about it. It didnt produce the vapor that i was wanting. I mean it did vape my herb and i got high but like others have commented on here they said that it definantly took more than if i were to just load a bowl and smoke it. I bought the iolite exclusivly for its portability and how stealthy it was. I have a vapor bros handfree whip vape and i used to have a vapir one 5.0 which i actually thought worked really well once i figured it out. Im goin to get some plastic tubing after work to make a small whip-like extension off the mouthpiece as ive heard this helps. If n e one has any suggestions to make it hit better let me know. Im also on the market for another vape being that the iolite was kinda disappointing (espcially for the $249 i paid at the local headshop) so if you got n e suggestions let me knw. Ive heard that Da Buddha and the SSV are good ones. Never tried em though. Id almost prefer a force-air one.
I am getting used to my Iolite, and I love it! The only vaperizors I have tried are my own 3. (VG does not count, as I don't think we were using it right) You are obviously experienced in vaping, so you probably know how to inhale better then I,using various vaporizers. Me personally, I don't use the condenser piece if I don't have to. I don't think it hits quite as well with it on. My supply is always super sticky, so I have to dry out for a couple of days it seems, so I don't have to use the condenser. I bought a 2.5 whip that fits right on it. It does seem to make a huge difference in my ability to inhale well. Out of the 3 vaperizers that I currently own, I am most happy with my Iolite. Good luck!

harleyamazon,
Top Bottom