willieR

Been here since 2009
I third the request. I was just over o the General Disussion forum on the thread that discusses the various temps and what effects are felt at various temps. The point being that different temps release different cannabinoids. I'd like to see a similar table that shows the various toxins (Benzene, etc) and what temps they are released at.

The two tables combined would allow someone to make an informed decision as to what temp they want to go to. I might be initially inclined to vape at a higher temp to release certain cannabinoids to get a certain effect (sleep) but then choose not to due to the simultaneous release of certain hydrocarbons

willieR,

Spikington2

My Vector butane came in today and I'm already stumped.:/ I've refilled the iolite, gave it some time and tried to turn it on. Still no hissing, so I emptied the chamber and filled it again. Still nothing. Any other suggestions?

Spikington2,

willieR

Been here since 2009
What happened when you emptied? Was Butane released? If so, you're clogged and need to return, imho

willieR,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I believe so. Have you tried warming it up? If cold, the unit pukes. I might warm it up and try before sending back

willieR,

dazza30

i dont know if you can do this with the iolite but a friend of mine can fix lighters and when they clog and spluttering , i have seen him bleed the light from the valve and get all the butane out of the ligher , then fill it with some 5x refinded butane and they seem to work . as long as its not the ignitor i dont see why it should not work with this .

dazza30,

dazza30

dose anyone know what that small bit of metal does that comes in that plastic bag , it has a cross shape in it and a hole though center?

dazza30,

dazza30

greystr0ke said:
Are you referring to the moisture condenser?
yep just looked on the manual and i can just make it out now , What is it for and is it any good to use ?

dazza30,

DaProfessor

dazza30 said:
greystr0ke said:
Are you referring to the moisture condenser?
yep just looked on the manual and i can just make it out now , What is it for and is it any good to use ?

The moisture condenser is supposed to cool the vapor a bit. Most people tend to remove it for better airflow, easier cleaning, less hassle, better vapor production. Try it with and without to see which you like best.

DaProfessor,

Shazbuckle

Hey guys. I've been using my iolite for well over a year now and it's still working in top form!
Quick question and I haven't searched the thread - I'm not sure how.
Is it possible to vape budder or oil in the iolite? How about hash? I know it will probably get it really dirty, I was wondering if anyone managed to work their way around it with some DIY or something.
Thanks guys

Shazbuckle,

greystr0ke

That's normal. It will run a few cycles after switching it to "0". Mine sometimes runs 4 or 5 cycles after I've turned it off.

greystr0ke,

kennyk11

kennyk11,

Calvin

Cairo1 said:
Calvin said:
And remember that big white clouds are actually from the vaporization of benzene, the good stuff is more clear with a bluish tint, and is much harder to see

Benzene? I know that there are various undesirable hydrocarbons being released, but that seems like one poopload of Benzene. Is there any data source on that comment?

As requested:

Benzene is a product of not only combustion, but high vaporization temps. You start getting a good dose of it at 200 C, as well as other toxins-hydrogen cyanide, toluene, carbon monoxide, etc. Low doses sure, but some people prefer to take a pass on them. The toxins also heavily contribute to the couch lock effect you get with smoking (and high temp vaping to some degree). Since the Iolite only reaches 190 C you will always have a hard time getting those big clouds you see coming from variable temp vaporizers.

From Here:http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy1.html

Calvin,

shortwind

Hi Folks:
The bad news: my iolite, which I've had since late 2009 and which has worked quite well, is acting up. It was okay early this week. But when I used it Wednesday, it took way too many tries to get the orange light going. And it heated up very slowly. When it finally ran out of fuel, my herbal medication was not fully toasted as it usually is. I tried it again Thursday, and it started hissing, but after a few tries on the piazo switch, it refused to light up and stopped making any sound at all :uhoh: .
The good news: I have a Magic Flight Launch Box with lots of batteries! ;) . More seriously, I do alternate between the two, as both vapes have their merits.
Now, how do I fix this Iolite situation. FYI, I bought it on ebay from a private seller. Most recently I have been using Mega Plus 5X refined butane. I cannot find any of the recommended butanes in my area.
Any feedback/suggestions on helping my poor Iolite regain it's mojo will be appreciated.
Thanks!

shortwind,

dazza30

had my first try of my iolite today and was my first time using any vap seems to work quite well its different from smoking . My herb is not dry looks fresh but after having a few hits it left a very dry and crisp herb is this how it should be ,

dazza30,

dazza30

shortwind said:
Hi Folks:
The bad news: my iolite, which I've had since late 2009 and which has worked quite well, is acting up. It was okay early this week. But when I used it Wednesday, it took way too many tries to get the orange light going. And it heated up very slowly. When it finally ran out of fuel, my herbal medication was not fully toasted as it usually is. I tried it again Thursday, and it started hissing, but after a few tries on the piazo switch, it refused to light up and stopped making any sound at all :uhoh: .
The good news: I have a Magic Flight Launch Box with lots of batteries! ;) . More seriously, I do alternate between the two, as both vapes have their merits.
Now, how do I fix this Iolite situation. FYI, I bought it on ebay from a private seller. Most recently I have been using Mega Plus 5X refined butane. I cannot find any of the recommended butanes in my area.
Any feedback/suggestions on helping my poor Iolite regain it's mojo will be appreciated.
Thanks!
you can only bleed it out and get all the air out of it and fill it up again or use better butane in it, If your not going to pay for it to be repaired i would be tempted to take it apart as i normal do when things break down . If you could find where the burner is on it compressed air is very good at cleaning out burners on butane lights i would think it would work on this too.

dazza30,

dazza30

shortwind said:
Hi Dazza:

How do you bleed it out?

Thanks!
try turn it up side down and where you normaly put the butane in just try and press the valve in it should come out but you might have to keep doing it a few times and give it a shake, just make sure its all out and air . thats how you would empty a butane lighter so it should be the same .

dazza30,

dazza30

dazza30,
Hey guys, I've had the iolite for a few weeks now but I've run into my first issue.

The first little cylindrical piece that screws into the vape (bowl) and connects to the mouthpiece seems to be stuck. I'm soaking it in alcohol right now to free it up, but its been soaking for a while and it doesn't seem to be helping. If I try to unscrew it without holding the bowl piece in place, the metal octagonal bowl starts spinning.

Any suggestions? I'm trying to get this moisture condenser out but its really stuck and Id don't want to break anything.

wiggles204,
Top Bottom