Iolite or DBV

blindB

Never used a vape before.

I went to my local headshop yesterday and I seen an Iolite there for $200.. I also went to vapeworld.com everyday for the last couple days now to keep checking the stock on the DBVs.. I know of the coupon code "FC12".. I was planning on getting the silver DBV but i checked the stock today and they are now out of units.. So know im stuck with ordering the Black DBV for around $190 (including the coupon) that comes with a free grinder or driving up to the shop and buying the Iolite for $200.. I have read all of the forums about DBV. I Really really want a DBV but what do you guys think I should do in this situation.. Should I just go ahead and buy the black one for $30 more then the silver DBV or get the portable Iolite for only $200. I plan on buying/ordering it this Thursday or Friday.

:peace:

blindB,

lwien

Apples and oranges. If you need a portable, get the Iolite, although, there are cheaper portable alternatives out there. If, on the other hand, you need a vape for use at home, get the DBV.

A portable will never replace a good home unit, and a good home unit can't typically be used when you're walking around in the park.

So.................get 'em both. ;)

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I would say get the DBV. Less moving parts to break, and you have more control over your vape temps.

But as L-Dub pointed out - appples and oranges

AGBeer,

ClemsonVapor489

I can't imagine the set of circumstances that would cause you to narrow it down to these two...they're so dissimilar.

ClemsonVapor489,

niall

Yeah I'd plan on getting a home and a portable, but if it's your first vape I'd go with the iolite personally - if I'd not already spent thousands on vapes over the years and I could do it again I'd go straight to the iolite as the overall best experience (compared to Vrip/Steinel and Digit). Can't speak for the DBV or others but imho the iolite kicks arse, though it does seem a lot of FC members have had faulty units or had trouble dialing in their technique...

It's a great home vape imo, great just sitting around and a tank lasts 2 hours (refill takes a few seconds), and then you can get up and go and it's fairly comfortable in pockets if you keep the mouthpiece unscrewed when not in use. But yeah, depends how often and where you plan to vape, plus take a look at everyone here - we're all addicted to the hobby and have multiple vapes ;)

niall,

blindB

I just ordered the black DBV off vapeworld.com :) for 189.00 with the discount.. Cant wait to try it out!!

blindB,
I just purchased both of these myself. You will love the DBV. You will need to play with the dial for setting your temp but right around 1 oclock seems to be pretty good.

PuffinPaul,

max

Out to lunch
Unless portability is a priority, I'd get the DBV.

PuffinPaul said:
You will need to play with the dial for setting your temp but right around 1 oclock seems to be pretty good.
This model is probably the worst offender on the market for having the control knob installed with the indicator sitting in a random spot. In order for 12 or 1 to be a good heat setting, it needs to turn on at about 7-8 on the dial. Many DBVs, out of the box, turn on at 12, 2, whatever. If this is the case, just pull off the knob and replace it so it reads about 7 at turn on. You really can't talk about dial settings from one unit to the next. You have to find the vaping range for each individual unit.

max,

vape4health

Is that why your dude is soo happy Paul . ;)

To stay on topic , I'm not sure of your needs but the Io is great for being portable but it didnt cut it as a home vape for me ( I did try for a few days ) and not to knock the Io but for personal use I like the Magic-Flight LB better , I let my stoner friends use the Io and the LB is just for me .

You cant really do wrong with the DBV . Or if your an all day smoker , any of the small wooden vapes are awsome , good hits and they use a tiny bit of herb . I feel like Im kinda wasting herb filling the DBV but man you can get some massive hits with super easy draw . Just something else to think about .

vape4health,
Top Bottom