Involuntary T break Tips

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
Just found out through work that they want to put "Key Man" life insurance on the managers. Of course this comes with a physical and blood work. Awesome... looks like I am on an involuntary T break for the next few weeks. I am hoping that since I stopped combustion and have been vaping for 2+ years that this will be easier than if I had been combusting. If anyone has some tips to keep my mind off it for a few weeks... I'd appreciate them.

Last edited:

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
... from my experience with life insurance they do not test for drugs.

my first policy my insurance guy ran through his list of questions. the only one he asked was if i smoked tobacco products or drank. never did cannabis use come up. they took my blood and piss. came back with perfect results.

I just switched insurance guys and my new guy asked the cannabis question. i of course said yes (knowing they were testing blood and piss).
Results came back perfect- but SMOKER :mad:
I told my guy i dont smoke and havnt for over 2 years- i just vape and eat pot. he said cannabis use is automatically considered as SMOKER.
He basically said if i said no, no one would know because they normally don't test for drugs.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
In Canada, insurance companies are now rating cannabis users the same as non smokers. There's no evidence to prove it's more dangerous so they aren't charging more. Nor do they test for it. I can't speak for US companies.

As for a T break, I would burn some fat stores off by doing cardio. Other than that I would eat healthy and look forward to the lower tolerance in a months time.

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
... from my experience with life insurance they do not test for drugs.

my first policy my insurance guy ran through his list of questions. the only one he asked was if i smoked tobacco products or drank. never did cannabis use come up. they took my blood and piss. came back with perfect results.

I just switched insurance guys and my new guy asked the cannabis question. i of course said yes (knowing they were testing blood and piss).
Results came back perfect- but SMOKER :mad:
I told my guy i dont smoke and havnt for over 2 years- i just vape and eat pot. he said cannabis use is automatically considered as SMOKER.
He basically said if i said no, no one would know because they normally don't test for drugs.

The question was indeed on this one... Something along the lines of, "In the past ten years have you consumed Marijuana, Cocaine, Heroin.... or have been asked by a doctor to quit drinking alcohol." It was a strange question that lumped it all together. I did say NO.

I know our society is changing, but damn it that they still lump it together.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
If they are doing blood-work you should be fine, but if they urine test , you're screwed according to this...

JJy2EpD.jpg

Last edited:

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
Who is the beneficiary of the policy if you don't mind?

I ask because some shady companies will buy "dead peasant" life insurance policies on their employees and then they collect on the payout when the employee dies. Read it carefully!

Good Question... it is indeed the company that is the beneficiary as it allows for finding a replacement for a "Key Person" (i.e. Head Hunting costs, etc). It is family owned, uncle is the owner. Essentially the company will be the beneficiary until retirement age and then the beneficiary changes to us. So if we stay to retirement age, it essentially becomes our retirement fund to pull the cash out.

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
@1DMF I can't see your image.

I was health checked for my job in GB with urine and blood tests.

I'm assuming they didn't test for cannabis because I got the job.

On a side note, when I arrived at the hospital I wasn't expecting anything more than a phisical. So when the lady at reception gave me a dinner plate shaped cardboard container and asked for a sample I was stunned to say the least.
I then spent a few minutes in the toilet wondering if they wanted me to take a shit in this plate thing they'd given me because it sure as hell wasn't suitable for carrying fluids.
I decided to piss in it added a bit of warm tap water :shrug: and slowly and steadily carried it back to reception.
I remember the doctor asking why my heart was beating so hard during my physical. I told her I suffered with 'white coat' syndrome.

Back OT, I strongly recommend you start a new hobby.
Purchase a guitar or something you've always fancied trying your hand at and throw yourself into it.

You'd be amazed at what you can accomplish.

Good luck and keep us all posted.

:tup:

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
@h3rbalist , great suggestion... I will definitely be pulling out my guitar now that you mention it.

It is hilarious that my main "hobby" has become vaping and all that is associated. VAS and GAS definitely keep one busy with all the new tech that keeps coming out. Not to mention FC and keeping up with all the new posts, etc.

In all, it really is just an inconvenience and will be good for me in the long run. I had been considering a 'T' break for awhile after I was introduced to the world of concentrates and the tolerance has just shot through the roof.

Luckily my uncle is the owner of the company. While it was exceptionally difficult for me to do, I felt it necessary to at least mention to him that there is a small possibility it may show on the blood work. After all, it is a substantial policy and it is my "nest egg" in the end. I told him that I smoked a joint at my aunts funeral I attended this week and would have avoided so if I would have known his intentions. I just reiterated that is was only occasional, and that it of course, never has a place at work. In turn, I do feel much better although it is a risk that I mentioned it.

mixchu69

I worked as an advisor for a fortune 100 life insurance company and I wouldn't worry about cannabis. Life insurance companies (I'm assuming you are getting "key man insurance") focus on 2 drugs: cocaine and tobacco (the real killer). Insurance companies are smart and the actuaries know that cannabis does not kill.

But I don't want you to fail your test so I would take precaution. If you pm the insurance co., I can do some research for you.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
... this was not true for me as of february 2016...

EDIT: may also depend on the company?

Yes, It was only recently announced.

It is Sunlife in Canada that is offering the same rates for life insurance. I can see other companies following quickly, especially after legalization. I hope that the states has some companies that follow the trend.

Winegums,
Reactions: BD9

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
It's the "key" employee thing that always gets me.

We all want to read special skills, highly trained and hard to replace but to a life insurance company/employer, that could easily translate to mean the seniors, the smokers, the drinkers, the obese or the ones most at risk of heart disease/death.

Pretty soon it can become profitable to bet on the deaths of your employees.

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
It's the "key" employee thing that always gets me.

We all want to read special skills, highly trained and hard to replace but to a life insurance company/employer, that could easily translate to mean the seniors, the smokers, the drinkers, the obese or the ones most at risk of heart disease/death.

Pretty soon it can become profitable to bet on the deaths of your employees.

3 of us managers are 36, 37 and 38 years old... the fourth is 50 years old. His premium is going to be triple ours.

XeroRespect,
Reactions: Joel W.

Danksta

Currently on a T Break and I started to exercise like a lot of people recommend. It WORKS! I'm 2 weeks clean and I'm doing really good. 2hrs a day and I'm pretty tired. Been sleeping good even. I'm honestly surprised it's going so well. The last time I did a T Break I didn't exercise and it was rough.

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
Currently on a T Break and I started to exercise like a lot of people recommend. It WORKS! I'm 2 weeks clean and I'm doing really good. 2hrs a day and I'm pretty tired. Been sleeping good even. I'm honestly surprised it's going so well. The last time I did a T Break I didn't exercise and it was rough.

For a T break I bet it works awesome. As for the blood work, I was actually reading not to exercise as THC is released from the fat cells when doing so.

Wizsteve

Just found out through work that they want to put "Key Man" life insurance on the managers. Of course this comes with a physical and blood work. Awesome... looks like I am on an involuntary T break for the next few weeks. I am hoping that since I stopped combustion and have been vaping for 2+ years that this will be easier than if I had been combusting. If anyone has some tips to keep my mind off it for a few weeks... I'd appreciate them.

For the most part you have nothing to fear here they are not looking for drugs.What They are looking for is Health conditions the out come will reflect your rates,(Or you may even get denied)Basically it's a risk assessment.

If they ask if you use Just Say No, They just want to raise your rates. No good will come out of you telling them your little secret.

Now you can do some prep eat healthy include oatmeal in your diet drink lots of juice like cranberry(flushes your kidneys) avoid all fat eat no meat. fish is ok .add garlic to your food.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate

It definitely keeps your mind off the weed, I'm going on a self imposed T-break tomorrow.....not sure how long, maybe a week, maybe 4....id like to burn all the ThC out of my body though because my tolerance is through the roof.

I vape/dab too much so I'm trying to get back to a baseline where I won't need to use THC all that often.

Have to renew my gym membership but that's first thing I'm doing tomorrow.

I'm also in process of trying to find a new apartment or place to live and its dreadfully boring and I can't seem to motivate myself to do it when stoned (it's not a pressing need, just wanted to move into a solo pad as my roommates irk me :lol:) I can't do it during my workday but I never feel like it when I'm stoned and relaxing after work so had to make the sacrifice.

Good luck @XeroRespect ! You don't want to work out prior to test or a few days prior, but should work out in weeks leading up to help burn it off. Have you been sweating like a motherfucka at night? That always happens to me and is the thing I'm most not looking forward too :lol:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Update, it wasnt that bad through day, but I couldn't get my membership to gym renewed Til tmmrw AM when manager is in...and Pens played..

So I've been dabbing all night? But tomorrow! I have a beevy of programming textbooks I'm gonna work though too

HellsWindStaff,

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
Update, it wasnt that bad through day, but I couldn't get my membership to gym renewed Til tmmrw AM when manager is in...and Pens played..

So I've been dabbing all night? But tomorrow! I have a beevy of programming textbooks I'm gonna work though too

I'm on morning #5 of my involuntary break... found out yesterday the test will be the 14th. So I am working really hard to make the 12 days count! In addition, they will be taking a urine sample in addition to the blood. At this point, all I can do is continue the water flush and eat a low fat diet and hope for the best.

I am feeling pretty good. Don't have cravings to vape or dab as bad as I thought I would... not a "withdrawal" feeling at all. I definitely appreciate the medicinal benefits more so now. The mind's focus, and my anxiety has been affected the most. The worst part is knowing all my goodies are stashed away in my safe and can't come out to play!

The support has been pretty great all around, from the forums to friends and family. This is becoming a pretty positive experience, although I am also excited knowing it is not forever.

Good Luck @HellsWindStaff , positive vibes coming your way!

Top Bottom