• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Investing in Cannabis Related Stocks

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Costs are high in Colorado as well, but I’m less concerned with initial cost and more focused on overall ROI.

The path of least resistance (and cost) is to use a brokerage company, and there are several that specialize in this type of transaction, to purchase an existing retail location and all associated licensing. Obviously, one must be able to meet all state requirements to pursue this transaction...

TwistedGray

Costs are high in Colorado as well, but I’m less concerned with initial cost and more focused on overall ROI.

The path of least resistance (and cost) is to use a brokerage company, and there are several that specialize in this type of transaction, to purchase an existing retail location and all associated licensing. Obviously, one must be able to meet all state requirements to pursue this transaction...

That's fair. In fact, you bring up a good point (ROI). Our local independent paper just did a big article on this last week that's worth a read. https://www.montereycountyweekly.com/eedition/page/page_7d40913c-9493-5a3f-aa65-d9a87eeb6df9.html

ginolicious

I been watching these stocks for a while. And I can tell you prior to legalization in Canada they were real high. And now especially canopy does not look like they are doing too hot. The legal market in Canada is not doing too strong. More people are still buying from illegal sources or growing their own. I know I won’t be buying into any of these stocks anytime soon.

TwistedGray

I been watching these stocks for a while. And I can tell you prior to legalization in Canada they were real high. And now especially canopy does not look like they are doing too hot. The legal market in Canada is not doing too strong. More people are still buying from illegal sources or growing their own. I know I won’t be buying into any of these stocks anytime soon.

I wouldn't consider it again, to be honest. I tried every route and failed at every corner. I'm jumping on the TSLA bandwagon...they make hotwheel trucks, after all!

ginolicious

If you wanted to buy, should have bought before legalization. Held on to them for a bit. And sell 3 months into legalization. Money would have been made that way.

TwistedGray

If you wanted to buy, should have bought before legalization. Held on to them for a bit. And sell 3 months into legalization. Money would have been made that way.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm speaking from some experience, no. There is no way to make money unless you are buying now and holding for many moons from now (in my opinion/experience).

TwistedGray,
Reactions: cybrguy

TwistedGray

I'll add...I also had a really bad situation where I invested heavily into INSY right before their CEO was busted for embezzling, etc. Unfortunately I was out of the country, on vacation, and not in touch with the world. It was devastating...

TwistedGray,
Reactions: macbill

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
My reservations with REITs is that they have X millions of dollars each year to spend, and at the end of year, the scramble for acquisition and to spend is just silly. Due diligence slips by the wayside and in the scramble, these groups inevitably end up inheriting a few bad properties when purchasing larger portfolios.

it is an aggressive approach that works for their business model, but I cannot afford to acquire bad nonperforming properties, so we are more patient in cherry picking the best transactions for our model.

FlyingLow,

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I'm invested in quite a few companies but mj related I'm in ACB and CBMJ. Also in on psychedelic comp champignon. My two main interest are energy n legal substances. I'm pretty deep in Apache energy at pandemic prices I scooped up in march

Tranquility

What do you guys think of HighTimes offering?

...I can't help but feel this has been hyped up more than MedMen. :doh:
What do they bring to the table?

The main thing is a brand that is well established, but that isn't really that big of a deal in the cannabis space any more. Their expertise seems to have drifted towards events which seems like an expensive way to market.

When most of the fluff surrounding the "investment" involves things like:
The purpose of High Times is, and has always been, to connect people to the plant. For more than 45 years we’ve been fueled by the simple belief that the cannabis movement is about, and should focus on, the community. That’s why we believe our expansion efforts should come from those who have cemented our place in history

And then talks of monetization "opportunities" in e-commerce, I'm thinking no one has a plan on how to make money.

They have a name. How much is that worth?

Tranquility,
  • Love
Reactions: FlyingLow

Tranquility

Tranquility,

Tranquility

Remember the basics:
Cannabis Investment Basics: Debt v. Equity

Towards the end of 2019, it seemed that cannabis investments had all but dried up. Today, our cannabis lawyers are seeing a huge uptick in investment transactions of all kinds in cannabis and hemp businesses. With investments on the rise again, we plan to do more posts on various legal aspects of cannabis investments. At the outset, it’s best to understand some fundamentals, and the best place to start is looking at the question of debt vs. equity.

It is extremely common for cannabis businesses (and especially startups) to raise capital through issuing equity (i.e., stocks in a corporation or membership interest in a limited liability company, or “LLC”). Typically, startups seek to offer a significant chunk of equity in exchange for a large monetary investment that can be used to cover initial operating or startup costs (think of things like costly tenant improvements that virtually all cannabis licensees are required to make in order to get a permit and start operating). Generally, these equity offerings are of a not insignificant amount, and we’ve seen a lot of businesses offer close to half of the equity in the business to an investor. This makes sense from a common-sense point of view as investors in startups probably don’t want to drop half a million to get a 3% stake.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I got pretty lucky with canna consumer goods. I bought it at .00020 and it's now valued at .015. It was at .03 for a day. 3 pennies ain't much but it has still gained 6x the value and at its highest that waste 12x the amount. Oh yeah ticker is cbmj

Last edited:

Tranquility

You might not want to put in the next stimulus money in cannabis stocks. There's gonna be a rumble.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/lhf2qw TLDR: This run is going to end with the cannabis stocks back down 50-80% or more from the levels they are at. $CRLBF is the real play here for the smart players that want USA exposure to the legislation. We just like the stocks now, not later.

044b5ffabd45c2c94d5957b659dfc3dc97f1580d32ca589a0ffaaa7e23e84c94_1.jpg

shredder

Anyone still in this game?

Got my toes wet today with cresco labs CRLBF on a dip (6.3).

shredder,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Anyone still in this game?

Got my toes wet today with cresco labs CRLBF on a dip (6.3).
I got out for the time being I made well on CBMJ though. My only big winning penny stock. Bought in at .0025 and sold at .06. I don’t think cbmj will do much for awhile again though.

iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

I got out for the time being I made well on CBMJ though. My only big winning penny stock. Bought in at .0025 and sold at .06. I don’t think cbmj will do much for awhile again though.
I've been watching a few cannabis stocks since last summer, kinda waiting for a low. Got cresco labs at 6.3 and I'm prepared to hold for a long time. I like the us canna stocks more than those mostly in Canada. More potential to grow I think. And im philosophically opposed to stocks currently popular in this area like miracle grow/monsanto type stocks.

shredder,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Cresco certainly cornered the Illinois market, but fuck I have not been very impressed with their product since legalization so wont invest... I am all out of the pot stocks, investing $ into real estate has been exponentially more fruitful.

Top Bottom