1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Investing in Cannabis Related Stocks

Discussion in 'Cannabis News and Activism' started by TwistedGray, Jan 13, 2017.

1. TwistedGray

TwistedGray Well-Known Member

I hear you @overvaped ... my stocks are not doing well at all, but probably a good time to buy :)

2. Nooky72

Nooky72 Dog Marley

Fortune favours the brave, so whilst it has been a bad week for green stocks it is also a buying opportunity for the bolder investor

3. TwistedGray

Son of a dick, REGN just rocketed!!! I'm pounding my head into the tablet now!!!!

4. DabConnection

DabConnection DabConnection.com

There is the Emerging Agrosphere ETF. It is a bunch of different companies and I do not believe it is approved yet.

I think most the cannabis stocks are overvalued and pretty much hype. Historically, almost all penny stocks go to $0.00 in the long run. The only people I have seen win with penny stocks are active traders who get out.

Silver420Surfer likes this.
  5. Nooky72

Nooky72 Dog Marley

6. TwistedGray

7. Nooky72

Nooky72 Dog Marley

Classic pointless phrase often trotted out at times like this....

Long term fundamentals remain intact!
    Up a little today anyway

8. TwistedGray

Was nice to wake up to that...a ways to go to reach net $0 for me.

9. TwistedGray

Haven't posted here in a while, but I dumped my GWPH stock today.

I took a little loss, but I jumped on the INSY bandwagon now that they got hit the lawsuit. Perhaps the stock will drop another $2-3, but I think it'll be back up to $12-15 in the next 1-3 months. They're also forecasted to drop a bit further when they release earnings next month.

My CNBX stock is still garbage...not sure if that one will ever rebound. Unfortunately I have just over $700 wrapped into that, and it's worth about $215 right now. Doh!

10. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

What a great time it is to be alive! I put this in the investing thread because I'd look to the companies that hire such grads for a good investment.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...egree-northern-michigan-university/745964001/

But the Northern Michigan University program is unique, mixing chemistry, biology, botany, horticulture, marketing and finance in a four-year program that began this semester. The first class has a dozen students, but Mark Paulsen, director of the university‚Äôs chemistry department, expects that number to grow quickly.​

11. TwistedGray

They're just under $8 now, so would be a good time to buy ... I think (Re: INSY).

12. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

OldNewbie likes this.
  13. TwistedGray

His_Highness likes this.
  14. TwistedGray

Well, after losing several thousand (more than half my investments) in cannabis stock I am pulling the plug for now. If I can ever re-coop the losses, I'll be back in it again, but until then good luck guys and gals. 2017 was clearly NOT the year of cannabis, lol.

His_Highness likes this.
  15. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

16. bizwaxzion

bizwaxzion Enigmatic Cannabist

I've got a couple that have gone through the roof - BLOZF and CANN. Been sitting on both for about 18 months and they are now showing 1200-1500% gains. Don't know if it's directly tied to Cali's move to legal cannabis or not but most of the gain has been in the last couple days...

His_Highness likes this.
  17. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

If you have most of your gains in the last couple of days, you might consider selling. There is no way any real business is worth 12 to 15 times what it was in a couple of days unless there is something unique and new involved. (Patent granted, medicine proven, etc.) Unless the "something" is directly related to the bottom line and you have the numbers to show it, that rise is speculation.

I'd take the profit.

Silver420Surfer and His_Highness like this.
  18. bizwaxzion

bizwaxzion Enigmatic Cannabist

@OldNewbie I've considered it for sure, but I'm going to hold them. These two came onto my radar in 2014 (CANN is actually down 40% from it's price then) and I waited a couple years to actually buy at very low cost. There have been a couple times since then that I've kicked myself (in retrospect) for not selling - but I feel like there's still some left in the tank. I've got a couple others that are not performing nearly as well that will probably churn at the first sign of profit.

OldNewbie and His_Highness like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors