1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing the Linx Hypnos Zero!!

Discussion in 'E-cig Based Portables' started by E. A. Ridgill, Mar 2, 2016.

1. JiggyJack

JiggyJack Well-Known Member

I do the same. Especially if I overfill it by accident and it is more likely to splash up and clog, this seems to help keep the vapor flowing smoothly.

jambandphan03 and pdx3325 like this.
  2. buddhaholic420

buddhaholic420 Grand master-vaper

I started using extracts because I found I am slightly allergic to flowers. I got this vaporizer after trying a bunch of different portable options and I must say that this is one of the best for me. It's discreet, offers nice hits, and has a decent battery. All in all I'm getting a lot of use out of it. So far the atomizer seems very easy to clean. Just use a tissue paper and dab to blot the nasty tasting scorched stuff at the end of the session and good as new. Haven't had to iso wash anything and still looks brand new after switching to it as my daily driver.

3. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Active Member

^yeah, I haven't even done any atomizer soaks in iso, since limiting my concentrates only to the cleanest/tastiest live resins. I use blue and green heat and always top off, shortly after I can see the top of the ceramic plate.

And it stays clean and tasty and free of any gunk at all times.

Linx has a good thing here. I just hope they keep everything the same, and slightly increase the diameter of the ceramic plate, and possibly move the airflow holes slightly higher, and deepen the atomizer chamber.

JiggyJack likes this.
  4. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Active Member

[​IMG]

Is this an updated Hypnos with a larger diameter ceramic heating element which will be cross compatible with both original Hypnos and Hypnos zero ? Is this the Ares ?

Can't wait to find out !

b0, PPN and JiggyJack like this.
  5. b0

b0 Cloudy...

Was about to order the hypnos zero today because it looks like the perfect on the go vaporizer for concentrates but this made me want to wait to order it.

I love my w9tech atomizers but for a while I have been waiting for a free coil atomizer, easy to use, no leakages and that I don't have to worry about voltages, tcrs or any variables, just drop some concentrate, enjoy flavour and clean easily.

It seems like the zero is the perfect one for my needs, but will wait first to see what this thing in the picture is... Any links for more info?

6. buddhaholic420

buddhaholic420 Grand master-vaper

So I have to post an update. I have been loving the unit and has been my go to for on the go portable shatter vaping. I initially started with 1 and had 2 atomizers since I ordered a spare just in case. I have had issues with pen atomizers in the past and felt I should keep an extra on hand. Both performed identical so I went ahead and bought one for my wife and an extra 2 atomizers as I screwed 1 of them up by overheating it by blowing off the end of product that tastes nasty at the very end. I know I know. My mistake for doing that. Lesson learned. Anyways, both my wife and I continue to use them without issue. Cleaning process is simply to simple ISO watch to get most stuff off, but since it pretty much vaporizes all the product I just power through each session and vape it to the very end. A little dab with a tissue and it removes any unwanted residue. So one day I thought I lost the mouthpiece and ordered an extra along with 2 more atomizers. As soon as I get them I try them out and realize how different they heat up. They don't actually seem to get to the same high temperature as the older atomizers have been working so I went ahead and emailed the customer service and this is how the email went down.

**********************************************************************************************************

Me
    Oct 15, 15:08 PDT

Hello,

I just ordered two more atomizers to have them pre packed with product. I am finding that the latest two do not get as hot as the older 3 atomizers I have. The placement of the coils under the ceramic looks a little different than the other 3. The glow they have is significantly dimmer on the hottest setting than the older ones. Any idea? I can send pics. Awesome product. Just hope these are defective and not a design change since the coil glow looks different on hottest setting.

Info (Linx Vapor)

Oct 17, 08:42 PDT

Hello,

Glad you enjoy the Linx Hypnos Zero.
    Even if the glow is dimmer, it should work perfectly fine. Unless there is no heat coming from the atomizer plate, then it would be a problem. Are all four atomizers you have, have a lower glow than the two atomizers?
    Can I get your order number please?

Thank you

Me Oct 17, 12:29 PDT

Well yeah they still work, but I like the highest heat setting and it doesn't seem to do the effect that I like as with the older atomizers that still work great. My order is 5405. I presently have three that work fine and I presently have 3 that work fine and two that don't.

Info (Linx Vapor)

Oct 18, 08:24 PDT

Hello,

I understand that you like it at a certain glow temperature but since the atomizers have no issues, there is very little I can do. I'm sorry for that.

Thank you

Me Oct 18, 09:24 PDT
    Honestly if the quality control doesn't change I'll have to change products as this seems like a sad customer service experience. I'll be posting my review on all forums as well. How can 3 be one temp. and these two new not be identical?

**********************************************************************************************************

There has been zero response from their customer service which is why I am now posting my extended review here. While I think the product initially was great, customer service and quality control are lacking as having distinctly differing temperatures on the atomizers seems like a flaw.

JiggyJack and OldNewbie like this.
  7. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Active Member

^if resistance on the newest generation atomizers has changed, I'd love that. I've always felt like the highest two temps were too high, although red temp can be useful to self clean the ceramic. I feel like you should get a regular Hypnos exposed coil atomizer if you want bigger clouds and not low temp combustionless efficiency.

Ares turns out to be a honey straw.

8. dene97

dene97 New Member

How about some consistency? If the resistance has changed, wouldn't they explain that? Or do they know that little about their product?

Everything about this pen looks and sounds great, until you have to deal with customer service. Then it seems like an avalanche of unanswered questions, and a string of "i'll have to check into that".
    One would think they would have a representative who knew this product inside and out, and wouldn't need to "look into" anything.

I want to see the guy who does the "Bored Of Lame Tool Reviews" on youtube crack into this pen and give a real breakdown of what exactly you're getting for your money.

9. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Active Member

^I was just hypothesizing that newer generation atomizers MAY have slight tweaks to resistance to make them operate better.

Also, running multiple consecutive cycles back to back on the highest heat setting available, will for sure lessen the lifespan of any atomizer, when compared to using it on lower heat levels.

Low temp vaporization has multiple benefits.

Not only is it healthier, but it is less wasteful of concentrate, and makes our atomizers last longer.

Let this be a lesson to you ! Haha

JiggyJack likes this.
  10. Milo

Milo New Member

Hello all,

I got a Linx Hypnos during the Black Friday madness. It's a great little device, very well-made and luxurious feeling. I bought it because I was interested in concentrates and a few months prior I had picked up a gram of cannabis oil from my local legal cannabis shop. Here's what's on the label if you're curious:

CannaGenesis
    Full Extract Cannabis Oil RSO
    CBD Dominant Cannabis Oil
    Extracted with 100% Sugarcane Alcohol
    CBD: 47.2%, THC: 28.3%, Total Cannabinoids: 80.1%
    Strain: CBD Dominant Flower Mix

I had tinkered a little with putting it into my Firefly 2, but I got worried about clogging the bowl. The concentrate setting on the FF2 also kills the battery after just a few hits, so I gave up on that after a couple tries.

I put a drop of the concentrate in the Hypnos and on the first try I was getting great clouds and a really nice effect. I was amazed how well it worked right from the start.

However, cleaning the atomizer has been next to impossible. I've tried soaking it in ISO overnight and even hitting it with a waterpik (probably not a great idea but effective) and I can only just get it to a point where I don't smell burning when I turn it on empty.

I'm assuming that the sugarcane alcohol is burning and leaving a residue that normal waxes wouldn't. Is the Hypnos just not suited for this kind of extract?

Thanks for your thoughts.

11. AVENTUS

AVENTUS Active Member

It's "full spectrum" status while only having 80% total cannabinoids and only 28% THC, with that much CBD, it sounds like a pretty dirty/non-optimal extract, unless it has over 17% terps/flavonoids, which I would be very happy to find out is the case, because I've never tried that high of a CBD product before, and I'd be interested to.

But if it's overcooked like lots of RSO, generally TONS of terps dissapear.

Is it the strongest "growroom" aroma, you have ever smelled in any flower and/or oil ? Or is it a pretty mild aroma that you can't smell strongly at arm's distance?

If mild, terp dipped dabbing is in order. Get something cleaner for the pen.

Per the other concern, the solvent choice of sugarcane alcohol could be good or bad depending on a wide range of factors relating to the alcohol itself and the processing technique/time of the resulting product.

Does your shop stock any good fresh frozen live resin, with cannabinoids above 95% ? Or a more flavorful one where cannabinoids were say 87.5% but it tested over 10% terps/flavonoids ?

Those two are likely the ideal product to use in the Zero.

I use my reclaimed winterized RSO to make edibles with.

But I have been dipping the reclaim/rso in terps from the sweet blue/purple/pink indica families, &...

Really great/late-harvest indica ratio.
    Subsequent reclaim dipped in same terps yields even sleepier more sedative rfffecst.

Vapor_Eyes and PPN like this.
  12. JiggyJack

JiggyJack Well-Known Member

I just came across this post by our "friend" E. A. Ridgell. Pretending like he doesn't work for the company.

If I didn't love my Hypnos so damn much I'd call for a boycott.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2017

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors