Baron23

Sorry I'm still confused. Does having the Pearl in place fully tightened down reduce it by 30%? If so how much more would it be reduced while fully extended?
I read that extending it cuts the chamber down by 30% but you may well have what they said right.

Interesting....maybe the 30% reduction is from the configuration of not having the Pearl installed at all?

But, its primary purpose is, I think, to seal the oven so running without it is probably not a supported config. That's why I thought he meant 30% reduced by extending the Pearl on its stem.

Cheers

Baron23,

Vaporcussion

The $51 credit is actually applied to your User Account after your pre-order. The $51 credit is not applicable to IQ purchases.

Edit(10/24) ** The $51 is applied to your User Account AFTER YOUR PRE-ORDER SHIPS. Not immediately after pre-ordering

Clarity. Is this discount for all us previous DaVinci customers, regardless of whether or not we preorder? I'd like to wait a few weeks, and still be able to get the $51 discount. A friend of mine is also not sure if the discount is tied to being a previous DaVinci customer, or to simply preordering the product? (eg, would first time customers get that discount if they preorder?) Thank you!

Vaporcussion,
Reactions: nacho257

Mr. Me2

The pearl is primarily the oven seal. It keeps your herb packed in your bowl and prevents it from falling out. The pearl is also on a short threaded post what allows you to adjust the height of the pearl so that when you close it you can reduce the volume of your oven by 30%. There is currently only one size pearl.

I believe that in this persons e-mail to our customer service department they were wondering if they could vape a very small amount such as .1g and if we would have larger pearls that would accommodate that size adjustment. I'd also like to add that if the pearl was larger or if the post was longer you wouldn't actually be able to close the bottom cap.

The best practice to help avoid against staining is to simply dump your bowl when your done with it. When your herbs cool and dry inside of your oven it speeds up staining and build up. The glaze that VC mentions is actually a glass glaze which is to help prevent staining but only slightly.
I don't think this has been asked...

Can a magic eraser be used to clean the oven, like many do in the Mighty/Crafty? Will that eliminate any staining?

If you don't recommend that (or if it's use will void your warranty), please let us know, and thanks!

Mr. Me2,

nacho257

I feel like we've discussed this "staining" issue way too much, all based off one comment VC made in one review. I feel like this will have to wait until we get input from others, although I definitely understand leaving no stone unturned before deciding on the pre-order :D

Baron23

A way to beat this ocd staining issue is buy 2 units...one for use as intended and the other to just look at when your done vaping the first unit...ahhhh so fresh and so clean clean:rockon:Remember. ..weed toys get weed stains...vape lesson #1:science:
You got that right, mate LOL

Baron23,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Sorry I'm still confused. Does having the Pearl in place fully tightened down reduce it by 30%? If so how much more would it be reduced while fully extended?

The pearl in place and fully tightened is your oven seal keeping all of your herb packed inside your oven. When the pearl is fully extended you will be able to enjoy 30% reduction in bowl size....I hope that helps.

Can a magic eraser be used to clean the oven, like many do in the Mighty/Crafty? Will that eliminate any staining?

If you don't recommend that (or if it's use will void your warranty), please let us know, and thanks!

When you say magic eraser do you mean like the Mr Clean product? I suppose you could tear off a piece of that and try and use the brush and eraser to scrub the bowl. I can't really recommend it or not because I'm not aware of what chemicals they use in those things so if the eraser actually causes bleaching or damage to your vaporizer then no that would not be covered under warranty.

I feel like we've discussed this "staining" issue way too much, all based off one comment VC made in one review.

Lol I know right. I'm curious to know if these guys keep their bathrooms as clean as they're worried about keeping this vape haha :rofl:. I'm surprised there aren't more questions about some of our newer features such as Boost mode, Smart Path™, or the DaVinci App. I'm sure they'll come as more reviews get posted and after pre-order sales ship.

Tranquility

When you say magic eraser do you mean like the Mr Clean product? I suppose you could tear off a piece of that and try and use the brush and eraser to scrub the bowl. I can't really recommend it or not because I'm not aware of what chemicals they use in those things so if the eraser actually causes bleaching or damage to your vaporizer then no that would not be covered under warranty.
It's not a chemical product in the way you mean. It works mechanically.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melamine_foam

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
The pearl in place and fully tightened is your oven seal keeping all of your herb packed inside your oven. When the pearl is fully extended you will be able to enjoy 30% reduction in bowl size....I hope that helps.

Lol I know right. I'm curious to know if these guys keep their bathrooms as clean as they're worried about keeping this vape haha :rofl:. I'm surprised there aren't more questions about some of our newer features such as Boost mode, Smart Path™, or the DaVinci App. I'm sure they'll come as more reviews get posted and after pre-order sales ship.
That bathroom analogy is spot on brother!:tup: Guess it matters how clean mom keeps it!

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
It's not a chemical product in the way you mean. It works mechanically.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melamine_foam

Thanks for the info I actually did not know that. I always assumed it was a sponge with some sort of cleaner infused inside. After reading up on it quickly I see that it is an abrasive material almost like a super fine and soft sandpaper. Shouldn't be a problem if you can figure out how to cut small pieces to use inside the bowl.

Davinci_vaporizer,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

snorcan

Stay charged, my friends
@Davinci_vaporizer is it true that the $51 preorder credit can't be applied to the same cart/purchase as the IQ, but rather is applied to one's next order? I ask as a Canadian that usually pays through the nose for international shipping. If you could please clarify for me as I consider a preorder of this nice looking product.

And any thoughts about these smart paths and preserving flavor throughout a conduction session?

Thanks a nugget!

Oh, and PS, does the app allow one to dim the intensity of the 51 led lights?

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@Davinci_vaporizer is it true that the $51 preorder credit can't be applied to the same cart/purchase as the IQ, but rather is applied to one's next order?

The $51 credit is added to your user account after your pre-order ships. So you would need to pre-order you IQ and wait for it to ship to received your credit. After that happens you will be able to apply that $51 to your future purchases.

When will be able to download the App to have a sneak peak? :luv: Will it be available on google play / app store?

The DaVinci App will be available on the Apple App Store and Google Play. It will be available for download once the IQ fully releases.

nacho257

Does Boost Mode allow it to work on demand, kind of Firefly-esque? Say you keep the oven set cool, just below vaping temp, and only take hits when on boost mode. Would it work, or is that not the intended purpose?

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery

You might have missed this in the Ascent thread, but this was completely discussed back then. Many people use it and it work well.

I'd have to presume it would work well with the IQ

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Does the IQ vaporize with the pearl removed, or does it have to be installed?

Yes the IQ does work with the pearl removed but you would never want to do that. As I've mentioned before the pearl is primarily the seal to your oven to prevent your herbs from falling out of your oven and into your loading area. The pearl is never really intended to be removed and when it is threaded on the post it is quite secure. It can be cleaned by wiping it down with the provided alcohol wipes so no need to remove even for cleaning. There should not be very many opportunities for one to loose it.

Does Boost Mode allow it to work on demand, kind of Firefly-esque? Say you keep the oven set cool, just below vaping temp, and only take hits when on boost mode. Would it work, or is that not the intended purpose?

It would work exactly like that! So for example you could have your oven set to 250° and use the control button to activate boost to bring your bowl up into the mid to high 300's take a few puffs then let go. Once you let go of Boost your bowl will enter stand by mode which cuts power you your bowl so it will begin cooling. If you want to return to your stagnant temperature press any button to exit Stand by.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
A way to beat this ocd staining issue is buy 2 units...one for use as intended and the other to just look at when your done vaping the first unit...ahhhh so fresh and so clean clean

I actually do this.... not sure if your joking or not, but this is the o my way to beat my ocd...

Takes the piss a little when I had to buy 2 evos and hydratubes, but worth it in the end to be able to fully enjoy my vapes without obsessing about cleanliness....

legalizeRO

Davinci, please answer this
and I promise to answer on this forum in your behalf if anyone else question this. First I want to say that I have a desktop Plenty and I'm looking for a portable. I almost pull the trigger on a Firefly 2 but there are issue with the mouth piece so I backed off. Crafty is very close to me so that will be cheap and no customs fee, but I want to be really sure I do the right choice. YOU offer 18650, and as a e-liquid smoker I have plenty of 18650 around, and THAT is a big plus for me. I should mention that THAT should be a big plus for everybody, as a pair of 18650, plus a cheap charger should be 10 euros plus transport. I can get your product in Europe on 31 October and although it seems that the one to get, I'm on the fence, and you will see why in my question.

Now for the question. You say officially it does not handle concentrates, but for the modest 1-2 plant grower, can I vape the bubble hash and the Plenty reclaim if I sprinkle it with some Already Vaped Weed? I mean in terms of temperature, as I could do that with Plenty, but it handles it so hard that it's safe to say that it can't. At maximum temperature (keep pressing the ON handle) you draw 20 to 30 times to feel something, and in my book this is a fail.

Last edited:
legalizeRO,

artist

livin'in vapooodia
hi all, one question,:
is there a maximum of mah (milliampere/hour) that can not be overpast with the batteries used in the iq, or can i use any kind of 18650 batteries for example 3500 mah, would that be ok or are they to "strong" or is it possible to use even stronger 18650's?
what are the batteries that davinci are using?
maybe @Davinci_vaporizer has an answer to this?
thanx:-).

artist,
Reactions: KLo

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Any chance we can get a full playthrough of this thing in action (From loading to emptying)? I can't wait another 10 days for that!

We have several IQ's out in the hands on reviewers already. VC got an early version you'll actually see some improvements in the coming reviews and when pre-orders start shipping.

Now for the question. You say officially it does not handle concentrates, but for the modest 1-2 plant grower, can I vape the bubble hash and the Plenty reclaim if I sprinkle it with some Already Vaped Weed? I mean in terms of temperature,

The max temperature of the IQ is 430° F. Have you had success vaping your bubble has at this temperature before? If you layer the hash and reclaim with ABV you should be able to get a good effect assuming your hash can boil down and vape at 430°. I haven't personally tried but If i get my hands on some I will test and let you know.

hi all, one question,:
is there a maximum of mah (milliampere/hour) that can not be overpast with the batteries used in the iq, or can i use any kind of 18650 batteries for example 3500 mah, would that be ok or are they to "strong" or is it possible to use even stronger 18650's?
what are the batteries that davinci are using?

There is not a maximum mAh for the IQ. The maximum mAh is actually limited by the battery your able to find to put in it. Currently every IQ will be shipping with a 10A 3500mAh battery so you're already getting one of the strongest batteries that you can get.

For safety the IQ actually is programmed to not accept batteries that are unsafe to use. For example If you try to use a battery with lower than an 8amp rating the device will not power on because that is not a safe battery to be using.

Top Bottom