stickstones

Vapor concierge
I didn't get to hit this thing at Champs, but I got hold one for a while and I am expecting the vapor to be very cool. Not only is the oven on the opposite end of the mouthpiece like the Pax, but they put that flavor chamber in there that will help to cool the vapor. If that wasn't enough, the mouthpiece has a diffusing disc that further cools the vapor. And that pearl is really cool...no more glass spacers!

For flowers, this thing has every feature I could think of and a couple I had never thought of before!

Baron23

Hi folks - just read the complete thread.

In my view, conduction has gotten an undeserved bad name, it works well, it works consistently, it works without a lot of user technique or body English needed, and units made with this approach have proved to be durable and reliable (which cannot be said about all vapes, eh?), and it supports sharing/passing around.

I also agree that there is some difference in vape signature...in the experience and effect, if you will...between conduction and convection but there are differences in signature of all vapes. My Volcano is pure convection but its signature is very different from my GH.

So, to me the fact that its conduction is not a mortal sin by any means nor do I consider it a step backwards as has been previously alluded to.

I like the app because; 1) its not needed to operate and adjust the unit; 2) it facilitates future firmware upgrades; 3) it supports the profiles which, given that you can set both time and start/end temps, provides a great deal of control and is what I do manually temp stepping my Flowermate Pro for example.

Unit looks very nice. It will have to compete with units like the CFV, etc. So, the price is a bit on the steep side, I think, but we will see.

Bud, the Vape Critic, seemed to like the vapor quality and smoothness and I KNOW he is a lower temp, gentle vapor guy all the way.

But, the test is in the field with normal users and I'm looking forward to reading about that.

Looks like a very nice job, DiVinci.

Farid

Hi folks - just read the complete thread.

In my view, conduction has gotten an undeserved bad name, it works well, it works consistently, it works without a lot of user technique or body English needed, and units made with this approach have proved to be durable and reliable (which cannot be said about all vapes, eh?), and it supports sharing/passing around.

I agree. If you compare a temp controlled conduction unit to an on demand conduction unit, for instance the difference is night and day. The on demand conduction vapor is likely to be hotter/harsher. I know I had an unfair bias against conduction because my only experience was with on demand conduction. Conduction with temp control is a totally different beast.

Definitely interested in this one.

Carl Hempel

I agree and I've pretty much decided this one will get a place in the collection too.
I really think Davinci have ticked all the boxes for a conduction portable here :nod:

Can it work with bubblers ? This looks like something i want

Yes! Looks like it does a great job too from vape critics vid. Comes with a 10mm male adapter that can be used as a long MP

Last edited by a moderator:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Since the vape critic just posted a review on his site, you may want to email him to ask for his recommendation, and how this one compares (re: cool vapor).

@whatitdew, I see you have a Mighty listed and in your collection. I'm not sure you'll find a vape with cooler vapor than that one. Are you just looking for something smaller (and a new toy)?

Yeah I know it's not going to come close to the Mighty, that's the bar I hold all the other portables I try to though haha.

I had the Bndls CF and I gave it to a friend cuz the vapor irritated my lungs a lot.
I want something small and easy to use that I can pack around the city when I'm going to and from my cancer treatments. I was just going to get one of the new convection Bndls/flowermate but then I saw this guy and gave it a second look.
I always tell myself to never buy a new vape till about a year after launch (expensive ones) to make sure all the first gen issues are dealt with and the initial price usually drops a bit. But might just have to go for this one.

I dunno what it is about that vapecritic guy but I don't trust his reviews. Something about him haha. Like we think differently about what we like in a vape or something. Anyways I'm sure he's an awesome dude. I actually already left a msg on his page asking about the vapor quality.

I value performance over tech so hopefully this one has a nice balance. If it didn't come out to $375 CAD I would preorder without second thoughts haha.

I swear every time I think I'm sold on something and decided I see a new toy and everything changes

Fuck it you only live once right well for me like 6-7 times now haha, most likely order next Wednesday

Sucks no FC discount though, it's cool getting some store credit but does not look like much accessories to buy for the IQ besides WPA so not so useful.

Excited to see what this new DaVinci team bring to the table in the future

Chandler

Really interested in this one but comes out to close $400 CAD after currency exchange.

If it didn't come out to $375 CAD I would preorder without second thoughts haha.
Ya $375 CAD after conversion is pretty steep, not to mention shipping and possible duties and taxes...

i'd like to know exactly how it compares to a crafty. i paid $380 CAD about 2 years ago for my crafty just before the dollar went to shit. Now the Crafty retails for $429 CAD. If this unit is on par with crafty, i'd say its possibly a 'Crafty Killer', solely off of the enhanced battery life, removable battery, more innovative software/tech, led screen, and 10 year warranty!!!

That warranty on a premium device makes the price more appealing, even acceptable.

@Davinci_vaporizer do you have any Canadian retailers set to sell the IQ on launch? if so, is there actual Canadian pricing, opposed to just a conversion??
thanks

Chandler,
Reactions: whatitdew

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@Davinci_vaporizer how do the owners of the ascent qualify for that voucher?

The $51 credit is actually applied to your User Account after your pre-order. The $51 credit is not applicable to IQ purchases.

Edit(10/24) ** The $51 is applied to your User Account AFTER YOUR PRE-ORDER SHIPS. Not immediately after pre-ordering

Touching on the flavor chamber , is this something you would load herbs into such as lavender or something of that sort so when inhaling you get the taste of it with your flowers that are loaded ? And if I am correct in my thinking , does the material loaded in the flavor chamber get heated ?

Yes! You are correct in your assumptions. You load in herbs into the flavor champer to that when inhaling you pull the taste of that with your vapor. The herbs inside the flavor chamber do receive some heat from the hot vapor coming from the bowl. As this hot vapor passes over those herbs it pulls flavor from it via a slight convection process.

All I want to know is how is the vapor quality? Is it hot and harsh. I do t want to spend all this cash just to get another pax. I need at least semi smooth vapor for my lungs.

The Vapor on the IQ is very smooth and flavorful. You wont get the hot burn that you can sometimes experience with conduction vaporizers. However if it is cool enough for you given your medical condition would have to be gauged by you personally.

Can it work with bubblers ? This looks like something i want

Yes! Every DaVinci IQ will be shipping with a 10mm water adapter/ Extended Mouthpiece. This will allow you to attach your IQ to your favorite water pipe.

@Davinci_vaporizer do you have any Canadian retailers set to sell the IQ on launch? if so, is there actual Canadian pricing, opposed to just a conversion??

Yes the IQ will absolutely be available to Canadian retails during our full Market launch. However there will not be special pricing based on country. All prices will be a conversion from the $274.99 USD price.

Last edited:

stinkytofus

The $51 credit is actually applied to your User Account after your pre-order. The $51 credit is not applicable to IQ purchases.

Yes! You are correct in your assumptions. You load in herbs into the flavor champer to that when inhaling you pull the taste of that with your vapor. The herbs inside the flavor chamber do receive some heat from the hot vapor coming from the bowl. As this hot vapor passes over those herbs it pulls flavor from it via a slight convection process.

The Vapor on the IQ is very smooth and flavorful. You wont get the hot burn that you can sometimes experience with conduction vaporizers. However if it is cool enough for you given your medical condition would have to be gauged by you personally.

Yes! Every DaVinci IQ will be shipping with a 10mm water adapter/ Extended Mouthpiece. This will allow you to attach your IQ to your favorite water pipe.
Will the adaptor fit a 18mm female ?

stinkytofus,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Will the adaptor fit a 18mm female ?

The adapter that comes with the device will only fit to a 10mm female joint. Or in the down stem of a 14mm male joint as Vape Critic described in his video.

There will be adapters available that will be able to convert the 10mm water tool adapter to larger sizes such as 14mm and 18mm available on our website at the time of our full launch. These adapters are also very common and available at most head shops.

Davinci_vaporizer,
Reactions: Carl Hempel

stinkytofus

The adapter that comes with the device will only fit to a 10mm female joint. Or in the down stem of a 14mm male joint as Vape Critic described in his video.

There will be adapters available that will be able to convert the 10mm water tool adapter to larger sizes such as 14mm and 18mm available on our website at the time of our full launch. These adapters are also very common and available at most head shops.
Will we get a fc exclusive coupon code :p

stinkytofus,

Reggie Watts

The herbs inside the flavor chamber do receive some heat from the hot vapor coming from the bowl. As this hot vapor passes over those herbs it pulls flavor from it via a slight convection process.

That's badass. Could you then take the herbs from the flavor chamber, grind them up and vape them in the next session?

Reggie Watts,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Will we get a fc exclusive coupon code :p

There is not a FC code at this moment. If we do decide to create an FC exclusive I will be making an announcement on here for sure.

Could you then take the herbs from the flavor chamber, grind them up and vape them in the next session?

Yes you absolutely could! In fact if you load your flavor chamber with herbs and vape a few sessions with the same herb in the flavor chamber what should happen over time is all of the resin from your vape sessions should start to deposit on your herbs in your flavor chamber. So you should in theory you would be resin charging your herbs.

tyethewolf

I literally can't wait for this thing. My roommate has a Volcano Classic and ever since the Ascent came out (in the beginning with those few bugs) he hasn't let me live it down so I want to rub this in his face so bad!:rockon:

tyethewolf,

tyethewolf

What did he not let you live down?
How the Volcano is unbeatable in taste and vapor production. How in the beginning the ascent wasn't out the box perfect. (Really though what products first run is perfect?) Just being nit picky and refusing to change his mind on it even after the issues were dealt with. Sorry going on a tangent :bang: going to go cool off :leaf:

tyethewolf,

tyethewolf

Thinking of a way to attach a small oil cartridge in place of the Pearl. :hmm:

Last edited:
tyethewolf,

Justpassedu

Thinking of a way to attach a small oil cartridge in place of the Pearl. :hmm:
Easy unscrew the pearl , get a cartridge and drill the top to the same threading , screw on. A flower mate pod or boundless pod may fit. I don't know the dimensions , but instead of taking the pearl off maybe see if it fits the chamber and just drop the pod in.

Justpassedu,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I am confused about shipping. I read on the website shipping is free to the UK. When i press delivery estimate it says free as well. Then the prices changes to $332 dollars?

Top Bottom