• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Interview with a boss of multpile operations

Hey FC community!
So I have this interview to work in the medicinal environment of cannabis, & I would love to ace it. Any advice or tips as far as not blowing this once in a lifetime opportunity for me would be much appreciated .

Rado bound possibly.

I didn't know which forum subject to post this under, but I figured this would be the most appropriate for it.

No advice is bad advice, much love.

killick

But I like it!
Funny, but I've got a couple of calls from people in the Canadian mmj industry. A few years ago I started a group on Facebook simply to put recipes and handy things I discovered about mm. Note it's got around 250 members. There is another semi-public group that is veteran and mm focused with around 800 members. Between the two groups we share recipes, tips and tricks. We've also had a few organizations helping veterans get prescriptions. So I've been contacted by a mm med group to be a 'cannabis usage consultant', helping new people learn ways to medicate and use mm the right way. We've all been there, and some people have more support than others. This is to help people with little support structure.

I've been on disability for a couple of years now, and have been doing this as a purely voluntary role, to be helpful and keep learning more than anything. If this opportunity (ies) do prove to be real I'm hoping they stay enjoyable! I got into info systems when that was fun, too, and now I'd rather eat my own hand than go fix more corporate fuckups...

I really want to legally grow, but on a commercial level. I feel like if given the golden ticket, I would perfect it. I feel as if trial & error at this point should be a "only in the past" thing. However I know that until someone grows tricome bud(hopefully I can do something of the sort) there's always room to grow in the industry. As well as considering if cannabis continues to be used, the industry itself will only continue to grow as well... & it will branch out to states that don't allow the stuff (I live in one of those now) :(.

Seeing as I have established with the community of this place. I feel as if it's time for me to move along. Get this legal road paved & shake up this "billion dollar" industry the right way... not the corporate greedy way.

You guys are the best. I appreciate all the advice truly. One love.

MinnBobber

@Honeyconsumer ,

So I have this interview to work in the medicinal environment of cannabis, & I would love to ace it. Any advice or tips as far as not blowing this once in a lifetime opportunity for me would be much appreciated .
...........................................................................................
To be of more help, I need to know the type of position you are interviewing for?
The general area like: budtender, grow technician, trimmer, community educator, lobbyist, "bud taster" ;)

Be prepared to talk about what you can bring to position, what are you going to do or do better than the next guy applying for this position. It's ok to then focus on what specifically in your background is good experience that you bring to the table. Never lie, but be creative and truthfully slant any related areas .... they might ask what paid grow experience have you had? None--but you can add that you assisted with a family garden for 10 summers and are very analytical with chemistry classes so that easily translates to precise horticulture (for example)

I would throw in somewhere that this is not just a job, not just a paycheck but a passion of yours so you will work passionately at whatever position. If this is true ;)

Not focusing on me, me me--how much vacation, how much pay, bla bla bla.

good luck

@MinnBobber

I would really love to do it all if allowed really... I know that sounds insane but let me explain the break down of it first,

I feel as if the average Joe/Jane who buys into the cannabis industry as a consumer needs to know that even though we as the "General public" seem to think that the smarter people who look past the "just bud" part of it & instead look past that & into the science of it instead, have figured out cannabis & almost everything about it, whenever one who works in the industry knows all too well that, that Is just simply not true,

I'm one who is scared of presentation not perfected..

For example......:doh: (The Green Solutions)....

So I traveled to boulder not that long ago with the intentions on trying to acquire such occupation, while I was there I sort of "shopped around"... now when I got to the green solutions. Things looked AMAZING! Well overwhelming, I mean basically someone, somewhere is rolling around in a FAT FAT FAT pile of money... & good for them honestly, but when i went the line & got paired with my "tender" it was truthfully embarrassing how Little the tender actually knew about cannabis & how he pronounced a lot of thing very very wrong... it was as if he was just a salesman (I'm a salesman, that's how I know the personality type) trying to BS me.... now I'm not saying that I'm any expert by any means, I do know a lot more than the average person probably does. However in my opinion it takes 20-30 gears to consider yourself an "expert" in medicinal cannabis. But it truthfully was very very misinformed information about a lot of things that seem important to maybe not who it is that's representing the company on the floor... but I bet it's important to the grower that the medicine he/she spend however long growing isn't misconception & gives someone the wrong feeling all because some person who by the way was in fact a "med card" owner gave some consumer/customer/patient.

That just seems irresponsible to me I guess... maybe I'm just to harsh about perfection in this... anyways... I say everything because I'm one of those people who just want to make sure that every one who walks through that door wither they be just an average every day user , to someone with epilepsy (and anyone in between) gets EXCATLY what they need. I what some people would say a person who is willing to take the extra step every day in order to keep things established & preference in order.

You guys truthfully have helped a lot & I am very great full for it all. One love you guys! Wish me luck

Honeyconsumer,
Reactions: killick

HomeFree

I have been to a large number of dispensaries and never met a "budtender" who vaped (other than extract), even in a dispensary with a vape lounge. Finding a dispensary worker who vaped would be very valuable to anyone who vapes, and I think that would be something to bring up, that you would have a more intimate idea about taste and effect than people who smoke. Maybe there are more vaporists in CO though.

Good luck man.

MinnBobber

I saw this cannabis college is out there, oaksterdam university =) I always thought it was an interesting concept.

I just saw that Oaksterdam U is co-hosting an even in Jamaicam man.
A Jamaica cannabis growers expo to award "Best of Jamaica". That would be fun to attend

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
@MinnBobber

I would really love to do it all if allowed really... I know that sounds insane but let me explain the break down of it first,

I feel as if the average Joe/Jane who buys into the cannabis industry as a consumer needs to know that even though we as the "General public" seem to think that the smarter people who look past the "just bud" part of it & instead look past that & into the science of it instead, have figured out cannabis & almost everything about it, whenever one who works in the industry knows all too well that, that Is just simply not true,

I'm one who is scared of presentation not perfected..

For example......:doh: (The Green Solutions)....

So I traveled to boulder not that long ago with the intentions on trying to acquire such occupation, while I was there I sort of "shopped around"... now when I got to the green solutions. Things looked AMAZING! Well overwhelming, I mean basically someone, somewhere is rolling around in a FAT FAT FAT pile of money... & good for them honestly, but when i went the line & got paired with my "tender" it was truthfully embarrassing how Little the tender actually knew about cannabis & how he pronounced a lot of thing very very wrong... it was as if he was just a salesman (I'm a salesman, that's how I know the personality type) trying to BS me.... now I'm not saying that I'm any expert by any means, I do know a lot more than the average person probably does. However in my opinion it takes 20-30 gears to consider yourself an "expert" in medicinal cannabis. But it truthfully was very very misinformed information about a lot of things that seem important to maybe not who it is that's representing the company on the floor... but I bet it's important to the grower that the medicine he/she spend however long growing isn't misconception & gives someone the wrong feeling all because some person who by the way was in fact a "med card" owner gave some consumer/customer/patient.

That just seems irresponsible to me I guess... maybe I'm just to harsh about perfection in this... anyways... I say everything because I'm one of those people who just want to make sure that every one who walks through that door wither they be just an average every day user , to someone with epilepsy (and anyone in between) gets EXCATLY what they need. I what some people would say a person who is willing to take the extra step every day in order to keep things established & preference in order.

You guys truthfully have helped a lot & I am very great full for it all. One love you guys! Wish me luck
This is going to sound weird man, but believe it is the truth.

I know and am a member of an "Elite Home growers group "
(I got lucky to be a member simply because of my knowledge in mechanical separation of the glandular head, and really introducing the group to the "secrets" regarding Shatter (BHO))

So. .. I've only been in the dirt for about 3-4 years.
However, most of the group has been in the warehouse/worked as a "Master Growers "
Each and every one of them have extensive history of perpetual grow cycling for decades. They simply blow anything away that I've seen in dispensaries.. Even the top, best of the best.

They all got into big popular dispensary massive grows.

The owners of these establishments do not give one fuck about anything other than the bottom line.
Truth be told... They don't want experienced growers, they want mindless robots that follow directions..

Experience demands extra pay... Pay the owner does not want to part with.

Most Budtender hires, are young attractive girls that barely know what the difference between Sativa and Indica, Hybrid?

Like cars? Lol

Most every single person I know that worked a dispensary job, loved it for a short while, then the owners end up ruining everything.

Heaven forbid you suggest a safer better, more efficient means of growing..

This got 2 great growers fired, simply because they asked the boss if they could switch to safer organic pesticides as opposed to systemic chemical pesticides?

They only asked. Fired on the spot.

There is one single member left that still runs the entire grow of one of the best Dispensaries in Colorado.
He is still there because he is man that decides everything .

There is a dark side to this industry, I just want to make sure folks are aware of this...

MinnBobber

They simply blow anything away that I've seen in dispensaries.. Even the top, best of the best.

I believe it and long for the day when I can try growing but that won't be til it's legal here. Hope I live that long as that could be a long time.
It is a shame as with their big profit margins they could afford to go safest route possible instead of biggest profit possible.

@Honeyconsumer ,
if you do get in, do your job and be in the background to assess the vibe as you don't want to come off as the "new hire , know it all" even if you do know more ;) Keep in the background until you know it's safe to suggest improvements, etc

@Hashtag46&2 I sincerely appreciate the heads up about the "dark side" to the market. To be honest I never would have figured it'd be like that(out of stater cons). That's really shallow considering all their doing at that point is poisoning customers & patients(possibly making them more sick) just to make a few extra bucks. & of course I will hang my extra knowledge on the back rack for now. No need to give off the know it all vibe. Nobody likes a know it all lol, I just want to show someone(anyone) that if given the golden opportunity I would not mess it up. I wouldn't shoot for bare minimum success. I would accelerate way beyond that. I literally want to blow the cannabis community's socks off EVERY SINGLE DAY, with new research, new discoveries, new levels of greatness. I want to be the person that paves the legal road for this product so that everyone has access to it. Without having to worry about pesticides, contamination, getting the wrong suited product for demands purposes, it's all wrong. If I do in fact get accepted on this journey, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted of course. If anyone knows of anybody else, by the way in the Boulder area that needs help with anything I can succeed for them. I'm talking anything to get a foot in the door so I can shake this market up the right way. One love yall.:peace:

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
@Hashtag46&2 I sincerely appreciate the heads up about the "dark side" to the market. To be honest I never would have figured it'd be like that(out of stater cons). That's really shallow considering all their doing at that point is poisoning customers & patients(possibly making them more sick) just to make a few extra bucks. & of course I will hang my extra knowledge on the back rack for now. No need to give off the know it all vibe. Nobody likes a know it all lol, I just want to show someone(anyone) that if given the golden opportunity I would not mess it up. I wouldn't shoot for bare minimum success. I would accelerate way beyond that. I literally want to blow the cannabis community's socks off EVERY SINGLE DAY, with new research, new discoveries, new levels of greatness. I want to be the person that paves the legal road for this product so that everyone has access to it. Without having to worry about pesticides, contamination, getting the wrong suited product for demands purposes, it's all wrong. If I do in fact get accepted on this journey, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted of course. If anyone knows of anybody else, by the way in the Boulder area that needs help with anything I can succeed for them. I'm talking anything to get a foot in the door so I can shake this market up the right way. One love yall.:peace:
Might be able to help...
Give me a couple days, expect a pm.

Top Bottom