Interestring strain........as described by CRC.

lwien

"The White Visitation" - cannabis indica ssp. indica x cannabis indica ssp. afghanica - indoor organic hydro - Super Silver Haze x White Rhino male into a Trainwreck. Fireworks ensue. Taking its name from Pynchon's fictional WWII mental hospital that housed the British Secret Service classified sorcery/clairvoyance program, this new cross is a fruity melon-piney monster of trichome hypertrophy. Great medicine with intense heady potency and clarity combined with massive analgesia... Exceptional. Translation: great sativa-dom med.

The White Visitation...
a disused hospital for the mad, a few token lunatics, an enormous pack of stolen dogs, cliques of spiritualists, vaudeville entertainers, wireless technicians, Couists, Ouspenskians, Skinnerites, lobotomy enthusiasts, Dale Carnegie zealots, all exiled by the outbreak of war from pet schemes and manias damned, had the peace prolonged itself, to differing degrees of failure. [Thomas Pynchon. Gravity's Rainbow. pp. 77]
This post has been edited by morpheus: An hour ago

lwien,

hereatlast

Very interesting, sounds fantastic. I'm a little confused about the term "indoor organic hydro" though? I know that MJ can't officially (legally) be stamped organic (in the US) but I'm curious about this claim nonetheless.

hereatlast,

lwien

^^ I'm not a grower, and I have no idea, but I did google "indoor organic". Lots of entries, whatever that means.

Morpheus has a talent in putting words together, and half the shit I don't understand, but it sure sounds good nonetheless. ;)

lwien,

hereatlast

I'm more curious about the fusing of 'organic' and 'hydro' to be honest...

Again sounds great nonetheless, I love reading stuff like this as well :)

hereatlast,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Organic growing means they used organic nutrients (as opposed to chemical), and didn't use chemical pesticides/fungicides. The organically grown is supposed to have a better taste. The yield suffers sometimes, but if it's dialed in, it produces nicely.

Magic9,

Purple-Days

Strain names are funny. ;) Sorta like car names. Meant to impress the impressionable. :2c:

Strain reviews (sometimes) remind me of wine or beer reviews (the wording), meant to impress the impressionable. :2c:

I think back to Justin Wilson (a cajun cook, didn't call himself a chef or gourmet etc...), when asked what type of wine he drank with chicken, or fish, or red meat, he always answered, "The kind of wine I like." :cool:

Purple-Days,

reece

Justin Wilson wasn't a Cajun (though he was from Louisiana), the accent was fake (not saying he wasn't humorous or entertaining). So, I guess he is a lot more like those strain names, eh? Because he sure didn't impress many who felt he perpetuated negative stereotypes of the ignorant Cajun. He might not be the best example to put forward. "I garontee!" :2c:

reece,

lwien

To me, one can paint a picture with words on paper just as one can paint a picture with paint on canvas. There can be an artistry to both and in both instances, they can be created to evoke an emotion or a thought (impress) or..........just to appreciate. For me, I enjoy looking at a good painting on a canvas, just like I enjoy how words are put together on paper.

With Morpheus, what's interesting is that he talks like he writes. He really has a passion for what he does and while it may come off as just marketing hype, I believe it's more sincere and "organic" than that.

But yeah, strain names can be pretty amusing and one has to wonder how many different names are applied to the exact same strain.

lwien,

Purple-Days

Reece, my point wasn't about Justin Wilson (I barely remember him other than some of his funny stories and the red suspenders) or wether he was an authentic 'Cajun Cook', the subject (maybe only to me) was about red, white and rose wines, vs. all the different names put on the wines within any of those classes. (though in the case of wine names, a lot more sophisticated, as these are largely based on growing region, or the winemaking processes used, along with varietal nomenclature etc... Tthey have a bit more to them, than just a name made up to impress, ewww... pick the name etc...)

ps. Sorry, Reece, I didn't know he was disliked or, not true Cajun.

I think Lwein got the point, "strain names can be pretty amusing " and having lived on the border of N. Cali, we heard dozens of names, almost always applied to high quality bush weed. but rarely what it was advertised to be. Some names stick and become part of the language, some fade...

Reviewers of food products are like sportsscasters, they need to say something to fill the space sometimes... again all this is my opinion.

pps. Was doing something else and thought of a better example. Roller Coaster Names...
Just a subject to ponder... Thoughts???

Purple-Days,

hereatlast

lwien, I'm not sure if you are in direct contact with Morpheus but I'm very interested in the stamping of an 'organic' label on MJ in this way. I'm curious to hear what certification/testing took place? In any case, the 'organic' stamp that describes some products in the U.S. is not legally applicable to MJ as of yet (again in THIS country)...it sounds as if your dispensary is very careful with their products and descriptions so I'm not questioning the safety of the product, rather if the 'organic' description is being misused, I think that this may be the case.

It's interesting (and disgruntling at once) that while MJ cannot be legally declared 'organic,' sometimes the end-product has undergone more rigorous scrutiny with regards to safety than those legally labeled as such. In any case, I know that there are several private party certifications that are filling this void (particularly in California).

Note: 'organic' is not a term that can be thrown around for any and all products that don't use artificial chemicals, it has been legally operationalized to a fairly stringent/specific degree as far as I know.

hereatlast,

lwien

hereatlast said:
lwien, I'm not sure if you are in direct contact with Morpheus but I'm very interested in the stamping of an 'organic' label on MJ in this way. I'm curious to hear what certification/testing took place?

I'll ask. Would you like me to pose the question as such: "When you say, "indoor organic hydro", is there any certification process that goes into labeling something as "organic"?

lwien,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
lwien said:
hereatlast said:
lwien, I'm not sure if you are in direct contact with Morpheus but I'm very interested in the stamping of an 'organic' label on MJ in this way. I'm curious to hear what certification/testing took place?

I'll ask. Would you like me to pose the question as such: "When you say, "indoor organic hydro", is there any certification process that goes into labeling something as "organic"?

My dispensary uses budgenius.com to test their strains, and several of their strains are labelled organic. When i asked my dispensary, they said, the organic strains are grown using strictly organic nutrients, etc. No chemicals....similar to what someone else posted above.

Purpl3_Haz3,

hereatlast

lwien, that sounds great. Even something as simple as, "what makes your product organic?" would be a helpful question.

While I won't venture to speak on legally defined 'organic' meds, IME, the taste of green green is second to none. This precaution or certification of 'organic,' while nice for any recreational user interested in the product they're consuming, seems especially pertinent to those medicinal users with a weak immune system...artificial fertilizers and the like could be very dangerous and harmful to someone without a strong-enough defense system. Again, it sounds like the medicinal users with those requirements would do well with Morpheus ;)

Thanks for the resource Purpl3_Haz3, it would be great if everyone had such tightly defined strain profiles like those that 'budgenius' uses.

hereatlast,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
AFAIK the "organic" labeling issue stems from the fact that the scheduling of cannabis in the US prevents the FDA from being able to declare it officially "organic".

Nonetheless, people can claim that they only use natural (not chemical) fertilizers, pest control, etc.

As far as the naming and describing of strains, I am certain that part of it is marketing propaganda to impress the impressionable. However, the descriptions (and even the names) are great as reference points (as subjective and potentially biased as this nomenclature may be).

I think that the use of the name of the insane asylum of an insanely creative science fiction book, gives you an idea of the heady whirlwind of creative madness you are likely in for.

Please feel free to let us know if you (or Morpheus) disagree with any of what I said.

Progress,

lwien

I agree with what you said. I believe that Morpheus would as well.

Just for fun, here's a couple of different pics of this particular strain along with a review of someone who just picked some up yesterday:

"Grabbed some of that White Visitation over the weekend...it has one of the most intoxicating, complex floral,spicy sweet candy smells i have had the pleasure of whiffing in quite some time. And i havent even smoked it yet!!!lol
The nugs are tight but not too dense with a thick layer of frost. Its so pretty i dont even want to break it up."
-----s4boxer

lwien,

hereatlast

AFAIK the "organic" labeling issue stems from the fact that the scheduling of cannabis in the US prevents the FDA from being able to declare it officially "organic".

Sounds familiar and right about right to me except it is the USDA that labels products 'organic' from what I can remember. A federal government agency isn't gonna validate the safety of an illegal Schedule I substance anytime soon I don't think.

Nice pics :ko:

hereatlast,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Obviously in a definitive regulatory context elsewhere is hardly relevant, but over here organic can mean several things- the basics of what organic must mean are laid out by an agreed European Directive (applied to all European nations), and the the UK Government ensures that all the organic certification schemes (run independently of govt) at least fulfil these criteria. Many of the organic certification schemes can and do even exceed what is laid out by European law. Now I haven't looked up what the European directive states, but it is interesting that the 2 main schemes that certify organic produce in the UK- the 'UK Soil Association' and the 'Organic Farmers and Growers'- don't recognise hydroponics as an organic method regardless of type of nutrients used or whatever else. I'm under the impression that it's impossible for hydroponic produce to be sold as organic, but I have yet to confirm this.

So I don't really consider organic as a single defined protocol from my experience here, it is perhaps more like a religion, say christianity, and it's spectrum of different branches and churches, with some more fundamentalist than others. What seems common to most is that to be organic you can't be grown in a soilless medium (hydroponics) and the soil and associated microbial actvity in the roots are an essential component of organic production.

That's not to say that you can't make hydropnics more organic in its methods, through using organic nutrients and treatment principles. But I don't think that you'll ever find a hardline organic fundamentalist who would accept any hydroponic produce as organic. :2c:

WatTyler,

Progress

HereAtLast, AFAIK the US department of agriculture only certifies foods as "organic". While you can loosely qualify cannabis as a "food", I don't see the USDA ever getting involved.

Recently an American cancer organization conducted the first major national study in the US that finds that there are, indeed, medical uses of the cannabis plant for those with cancer.
National Cancer Institute Offers Explanation for the Removal of Comments about a Study which Shows that Cannabis can Reduce the Size of Tumors
First National US Study about Medical Uses of Cannabis

Progress,

hereatlast

Progress, the language is confusing (to me at least). I think the main bill that covers much of 'organic' law and operationalization is entitled "The Organic Foods Production Act of 1990." So while "this Title may be cited as 'The Organic Foods Production Act of 1990,'" the first purpose of the document is framed as such:
(1) to establish national standards governing the marketing of certain agricultural products as organically produced products."
It goes on to define "agricultural products" as
any agricultural commodity or product, whether raw or processed, including any commodity or product derived from livestock that is marketed in the United States for human or livestock consumption
(from http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/getfile?dDocName=STELPRDC5060370&acct=nopgeninfo)

It sounds to me as if the legislature could cover cannabis as an "agricultural product" (a commodity if there ever was one as well) if the USDA was willing to include cannabis in their certification (again, its classification as Schedule I seems to make this politically unlikely). Interestingly, its not necessarily the federal government that does the actual certification:
The USDA, AMS, National Organic Program (NOP) accredits private businesses, organizations, and state agencies to certify producers and handlers of agricultural products according to the NOP regulations.
(from http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/ams...reditation and Certification&acct=nopgeninfo)

I'm under the impression that it's impossible for hydroponic produce to be sold as organic, but I have yet to confirm this....What seems common to most is that to be organic you can't be grown in a soilless medium (hydroponics) and the soil and associated microbial actvity in the roots are an essential component of organic production.

I was under the same impression which is why I was curious about the term 'indoor organic hydro," it seemed (though I haven't confirmed this either) that this would be a paradoxical term in and of itself.

Cannabis is medicinal? :o :p

hereatlast,

Progress

I see what you are saying, Hereatlast, and could actually see how the USDA would be likely to certify cannabis as organic if it were completely legalized (just like the certified-organic tobacco, alcohol, herbal remedies, etc.

I can also see hydroponic systems that only use 'organic' components being considered "organic hydroponic". However, any set-up that uses artificial lighting, water from non-organic sources, or products that are not produced through an organic processes being questioned.

Progress,
Top Bottom