Intense cravings for tobacco cigs?

wthanna

Lo said:
Congrats Shanty!! Keep it up :D I am over a year and a half smoke free and feel better than ever ;)

If you get ready to cave look into an ecig before you light up again. Holler at me if you get stuck, do NOT buy an expensive kiosk brand. I am 100% smoke free thanks to my e cigs! Kinda like having your cake and eating it too lol!

Good luck! Stay strong!

I just want to take a quick moment to thank Lo, whom I've never met personally, for being the person who's posts convinced me to finally try the e-cig route. I have been cigarette free for around 6 weeks now and will never go back. The e-cig has completely satisfied my cravings for the regular old tobacco cig. In this short period of time, I have almost completely converted 5 out of the 6 people that I have introduced to the e-cig to. :D Keep getting the word out! Not to be over dramatic, but based on the odds of cancer, heart disease, and a ton of other problems related to cigarette smoking.. You have definitely helped to add years of better quality of life to a few people, and probably saved a life or two.. simply based on the odds. Thank you again!

A few words can be very powerful! :)

wthanna,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
:luv:

I love hearing more folks putting down the smokes and picking up the ecigs!! Thanks Wthanna! Congrats on the 6 weeks and I hope we are soon celebrating your six month mark ;)

Lo,

Thulium

george said:
So what e-cigs do you guys recommend? And where to buy one online?

Probably the most popular models are the JoyE 510 "three piece" (battery, atomizer, cartridge) or cartomizer, and the KR-808D "2 piece" cartomizers, but many vapers quickly realize that having an e-cig that actually looks like a cigarette isn't nearly as important as good battery life and vapor production and use newer big battery kits like the eGo/Tornado/RIVA/Hello 016/etc. or larger custom made "mods"--some of which run at higher or adjustable voltage to boost vapor production.

It's important to remember that it's not really a one-size-fits-all proposition. Some people need relatively high amounts of nicotine (2.4-3.6%), but I prefer to use lower nicotine at higher voltage for the most vapor production and flavor. I recommend experimenting with different flavors as you might be surprised at what you like. For example, I never really cared for menthol cigarettes, but I've found I sometimes like adding a bit of menthol even to fruit flavors for a cool sensation along with the flavor. Some people stick with tobacco or menthol flavors, but everyone's tastes are different.

You can search YouTube or watch VapeTV.com for video reviews. A basic 510 starter kit can be found for under $35, but you really can't go wrong with a $69.99 eGo starter kit, with a low resistance (creates a stronger vapor like using a "high voltage" mod) 510 atomizer or cartomizer and a "drip tip" (a replacement mouthpiece that allows you to drip e-liquid directly onto the atomizer--a few drops last about as long as a cigarette used to)... Starter kits usually come with a few pre-filled cartridges or cartomizers (an atomizer that is built together with factory cartridge filler), but its a good idea to pick out a few bottles of e-liquid (especially since many vendors offer free shipping on orders over $100)

I'm reluctant to recommend one vendor over another, but this past weekend I attended a vapers meet and won an eGo kit that was donated by Cignot, and a really nice device from ProVape! ::D I'd really recommend checking out the reviews on the forums or by searching on Youtube, but I can tell you from personal experience that Cignot rocks if you're looking for a good place to start for great prices and customer service. I don't, however, limit myself to any one vendor. Along with the standard Dekang brand e-liquid commonly imported from China, many vendors are now carrying premium domestic liquids or vegetable glycerine and organic blends for people who might be sensitive to propylene glycol or just prefer the "texture" of the resulting vapor from VG vs PG. The bottom line with vaping is that it is fun experimenting and finding discovering the next great vape. Have fun! :peace:

Thulium,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
george said:
So what e-cigs do you guys recommend? And where to buy one online?
`

check out www.madvapes.com for quality components and kits at good prices. Lo and Max were instrumental in my reducing my cigarette smoking from almost two packs a day to now where i smoke maybe two cigarettes a day in the morning (which I enjoy at least for the moment). it is shocking to me how effortless it was to make the transition. you don't want to waste your money on those expensive gift box packages containing cigarette lookalikes, like you'd find in the shopping malls. anyway aside from the good suggestions here, if you check out madvapes I recommend the hello016 kit and get a box of extra cartomizers, and their juices are nice. today i'm enjoying the root beer at 24 mg nic level.

funny how it took my delving into the world of illegal drugs to find a way to practically quit smoking.

jeffp,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Another thing to take into consideration is your nic levels. Try to get a variety of different strengths to see what works best for you. I know that I started with 24mg and I all but quit smoking these damned cigars completely. Wanting to step down my nic levels I went with 18 for my next batch of juices.
Needless to say, I am smoking cigars again... :mad:

Im gonna bump my nic levels up again

AGBeer,

Thulium

AGBeer said:
Another thing to take into consideration is your nic levels. Try to get a variety of different strengths to see what works best for you. I know that I started with 24mg and I all but quit smoking these damned cigars completely. Wanting to step down my nic levels I went with 18 for my next batch of juices.
Needless to say, I am smoking cigars again... :mad:

Im gonna bump my nic levels up again

A lot of people seem to stick with the 24mg/ml (2.4%) or even 36mg/ml (3.6%) nicotine to really tackle the severe cravings. Our bodies don't seem to absorb nicotine from e-cigs as quickly as from smoking, but there are vendors selling US Made juices that seem to be more effective than the normal Chinese-made e-liquids. If you're smoking cigars, do yourself a favor and try a low resistance atomizer (or a high voltage mod) for thicker vapor and try using one of the newer US Made premium liquids. The Essence line from ELiquidPlanet.com packs a serious punch at 16mg (its nearly too much for me) and other vendors have similar products--its a bit more expensive than imported chinese liquid, but IMO it is worth it for the quality and its still cheaper than the stuff they sell in most malls. "I don't know if its cheaper than cigarettes, but I know it is cheaper than chemotherapy." ;)

Thulium,
G

I would suggest a 905/901/510 kit from Mad Vapes. Google it.

All are of great quality good sir.

Guest,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'm puffing on some "top banana" with a 510 mega kit from madvapes and I'm digging it immensely.
Three months ago I was smoking 2 packs a day, I started smoking when I was 12 at a Bar Mitzvah.
At fancy affairs in the old days they used to have a bunch of cigarettes in a glass at the tables, as a courtesy
to the guests, so my friends and I just stole a bunch and smoked in the bathroom. Pre teen tough guys impressed
with ourselves looking in the mirror.

Anyway that was then this is now.

Ecigs are, to a cigarette addicted person, at least as significant and as important a breakthrough as MJ vaporizers....

Anyway the 510 kit is about $35, maybe less. Ask Lo for more specifics in terms of drip components, which is a stronger vaping experience.
She's really an expert and she's happy to help anyone as I am as well with my limited knowledge.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
"Music is the only religion that delivers the goods." - Frank Zappa

jeffp,
Top Bottom