Intense cravings for tobacco cigs?

G

It seems that in the evening and night I get really intense cravings for analogs. How do you keep yourself from slipping? If I smoke analoges long enough I get terrible migraines, but that hasn't stopped me in the past. Xpower900 Any suggestions? Thank you

Guest,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Have you tried an e-cig?? I celebrated my one year off of analogs yesterday thanks to the e-cig technology. There are several forums dedicated to them and a couple threads here too. If you haven't tried one I would highly recommend to get you through those cravings. Feel free to email me if you have questions, etc. Happy to help and I can't tell you how wonderful I feel to have that monkey off my back after many, many years :)

Do you have an Iolite?? Some e-cig users use those for tobacco purposes as well but most find the e-cig technology more satisfying and more like an analog experience.

Good luck! Stay strong!!

Lo,

Lo

lol, Lwien...that's what the electronic cig folks refer to regular cigarettes as now...analogs ;)

Lo,

lwien

Lo said:
lol, Lwien...that's what the electronic cig folks refer to regular cigarettes as now...analogs ;)
Ahh..........makes sense. :/

Thanks, Lo.

lwien,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
So if homeboy is craving an "analog" doesn't that mean he already knows about the e cigs?

bluntfaced,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Lo said:
Have you tried an e-cig?? I celebrated my one year off of analogs yesterday thanks to the e-cig technology. There are several forums dedicated to them and a couple threads here too. If you haven't tried one I would highly recommend to get you through those cravings. Feel free to email me if you have questions, etc. Happy to help and I can't tell you how wonderful I feel to have that monkey off my back after many, many years :)

Do you have an Iolite?? Some e-cig users use those for tobacco purposes as well but most find the e-cig technology more satisfying and more like an analog experience.

Good luck! Stay strong!!
+motherfucking1 to that Lo!

I LOVE my e-cig and it has steered me clear of combustion completely.
Take a trip to the e-cigarette-forum.com and start your research. Your lungs (and head) will thank you. :)

AGBeer,

Lo

lol, I thought the use of the term meant OP at least knew about e-cigs.

Either way...I highly recommend. If OP is using e-cigs and still craving I'd say bump up the nic for cravings.

Lo,

GreenLeaf

Most tobacco smokers I know that have tried e-cigs, don't like e-cigs since it's not like smoking a regular cigarette.

I used to smoke cigs just socially and when I'd get cravings I'd just smoke good cigars. Or I'd just have someone blow cig smoke in my face. :) I have friends that love getting a "forced" smoke or having someone shotgun tobacco into their mouth or throat while kissing them.

GreenLeaf,

SkollIstKrieg

Last December I ended up with a blu ecig. It worked...ok at best, very frustrating at times because it had a low air-vapor ratio unless you just had the first three drags of a new cartridge. I used it to help me cut back but not quit.

Then four months ago I woke up one morning and had some of the worse black lung of my life, so i said no more. I found a good mod to my blue and since then it rips like a beast when it comes to air-vapor ratio :D

Unfortunately and luckily i have been barely using it at all the last month, I have pulled it out maybe two times.;)

EDIT: I haven't had a real cig since April! go me!

SkollIstKrieg,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
LOL I like e-cigs for many of the reasons I turned to vaping to begin with. Yes they were a bit of a learning curve, but the many options that you have is beyond amazing. (That and the fact that I can pretty much vape anywhere):brow:

AGBeer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Christ, leave it to a thread like this to chum for a spammer...

Didnt you get banned once before?

AGBeer,
G

dunno.. there was a post from a vendor there this morning.. here is a link to the product he was advertising.

XPower650
onlyecig com/ e-cigarette-xpower/xpower-starter-kits/popular-electronic-cigarette-kit-hot-sale-xpower650new.html
XPower900
onlyecig com /e-cigarette-xpower/xpower-starter-kits/popular-electronic-cigarette-kit-hot-sale-xpower900new.html

That place is based in China.. there's no problem with the company as far as I know, In addition to selling the correct version of the same product cheaper.

modnote: Unlinked. How much are they paying you to post here? Are you really posting from Shanghai? Tell us a bit about yourself with your next account. :lol:

Guest,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
You gotta be fucking kidding me!
ROFL!!
This is e-gold right here folks!! :lol:

AGBeer,

GreenLeaf

I wish they made E-Cigs that let you put whatever "tobacco" that you wanted in and it would vaporize it! ;)

I have a MFLB but until they make them the way I described and make them highly effective I'll hold off on buying one.

I know there are vapes designed like this but from what I can see they're very expensive and you could buy multiple MFLBs or even a nice desktop/home indoor vape and a MFLB for what they are going for. Or else they are one step up from a lightbulb homemade vape like the ubie.

GreenLeaf,

loewan

From my personal experience in quitting smoking, I would highly recommend Champix. It is VERY strong stuff and it have been getting some bad press because a lot of people did not know how to deal with it.

Having experienced other substances, I was quite aware to how it was altering my mood and hence I have opted to stopped at HALF the recommended dose, and that was sufficient in keeping me from smoking since for over a month now.

At the end of the day, this drug has the potential to effectively remap your neurological make-up and completely change the way your brain reacts to nicotine. It is NOT a miracle drug but an aid for you to understand your addiction and emotional connection with tobacco. It still required a degree of reprogramming, commitments and change in lifestyle - hence my reason for being on this board. :p

loewan,

loewan

max said:
Champix- "since the drug's launch in Britain in December 2006, the Government's drug safety watchdog, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), has received 1,513 reports of adverse reactions, including 62 reports of suicidal feelings." :/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-509683/Champix-Is-smoking-pill-safe.html
Like I said, it is VERY strong and have been getting some bad press. :D I have rode it out and I am still quit for the longest I have ever been.

loewan,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
my pot doc told me nicotine paralyzes the cilia in my lungs, preventing them from clearing themselves.

MotherF%^&

[EDIT: googling shows cotinine, nicotine's main matabolite, is associated with reducing cilia activity, but since nicotine makes them go faster, the jury's out, but many long time smokers say they have no cilia activity even after quiting for years...I wonder, but i'm not taking any chances, what...? 1000 people a day die in the US from Cigarettes, YOW!]

so by that logic I can't even vaporize tobacco, and get any benefit from vaping my herb that is, so i'm on lozenges now, and told my neighbor i quit a few weeks early to show support for her Mom, who's in Chemo for lung cancer.

intense cravings, but i think it's mostly because i'm still sucking lozenges, i quit last year after using cigs to lose weight and had no cravings for almost two months

i think there is some truth to the idea that if we do not accomplish the goals we set for ourselves, it is because the reasons were not big enough, so i tried to think of a good reason that resonates with me (this time it's the neighbor's Mom who's dying of Cancer - I told her I quit for her Mom, just to paint myself into a corner, and quit a few weeks before i ran out of tobacco). She's putting up with a greenhouse on my side of the fence, so it just seemed insensitive to keep puffing away on cigarettes while her Mom is dying, or at least that thinking gives me some emotional charge, and that's what i need to keep on the straight and narrow.

good luck to anyone trying to quit, it's all in your head, but brain chemistry's powerfull stuff, don't let it run you, and i'll try to do the same!

VWFringe,

Spin-out

max said:
At the end of the day, this drug has the potential to effectively remap your neurological make-up and completely change the way your brain reacts to nicotine. It is NOT a miracle drug but an aid for you to understand your addiction and emotional connection with tobacco. It still required a degree of reprogramming, commitments and change in lifestyle - hence my reason for being on this board. tongue

Although I don't know anything about champix (i managed to quit almost two months ago with only the help of our good friend mary jane) I'd be sceptical about anything written in the daily mail..

Spin-out,

shantytown007

70.5 hours since my last 'analog' as of now... Snus are fantastic for the nic cravings, and 50/50 spliffs of ABV and fresh are good for the 'burning in my lungs' cravings. Been using US Snus, just ordered some swedish ones though, supposedly they are made with moose (or have some other benefit over american ones)

This is the longest I've gone since 2002.... really....want....recessed....filter...parliament...sitting...under...my...desk.... /force "these are not the cancers you are looking for." :ninja::ninja:

shantytown007,

Lo

Congrats Shanty!! Keep it up :D I am over a year and a half smoke free and feel better than ever ;)

If you get ready to cave look into an ecig before you light up again. Holler at me if you get stuck, do NOT buy an expensive kiosk brand. I am 100% smoke free thanks to my e cigs! Kinda like having your cake and eating it too lol!

Good luck! Stay strong!

Lo,
Top Bottom