Insurance?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I am wondering if any "mature" medical states have insurance programs that pay for medical cannabis. I saw a thread from 4 years ago that was about medical devices and suggested that at that time insurance companies were not cooperating, but a lot has changed since 2010. Has there been any changes along these lines?

@lwien the wise suggested in that thread that the govt may have to drop the federal prohibitions before insurance companies will play along, and that, while sad, makes sense. But, I would think the need individuals may have for MJ meds, and the growing proof of their effectiveness might be a powerful influence on how the govt makes it's decision going forward.

Unfortunately that would depend on the govt making their decisions based on the well being of the nation rather than political expediency, but one can hope... And dream...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm certainly with you on that. That was always nothing but politics. Sad.

cybrguy,
Reactions: Radio

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So then the answer is NO, NO insurance policies cover MJ or accoutrements? All the more reason why unreasonable and irrational scheduling and federal prohibition must be addressed before industry progress can continue. I wonder what POTUS can do on this without congress? I wonder if he even wants to do something...

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
It is the insurance companies that STOP you from getting it because they tell their doctors that they will take away their malpractice insurance if they sign the paperwork for the state. I am very fortunate my Rheumatologist does not listen to these assholes.

Top Bottom