• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Insomnia

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
There's few things worse than being tired and not being able to sleep day after day. I have a friend who's sleep schedule has been messed up for years (40+). It's basically rendered him disabled. You know not to call him before 5:00 in the afternoon. His inability to sleep has effected his ability to work at his job and basically have normal relationships with his friends due to him being on such a weird time schedule. Such a shame.

momofthegoons,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
melatonin has helped me in that regard. but you have to know how to use it. you get like a "window of sleep opportunity" a half hour after you take it; if you're in bed you'll be probably go to sleep, if not, the opportunity will pass.

jeffp,

lwien

Cappella, a few suggestions that may help. If this is a long standing condition and you've already researched some of the things on how to deal with it, please excuse my following recommendations if you already know them.

Melatonin is a good one above. Also, the worst thing you can do when you can't sleep is to try and sleep. The best thing to do is just to get up and do something else like watch TV or get on the 'puter, or read a book, anything but TRYING to sleep. You will then, usually at some point, get sleepy and then is the time to let your head hit the pillow. Also, if you have anything like a TV or a 'puter in your bedroom, move it out. Works better to reserve your bedroom just for sleeping. No caffeine 4 hours before going to bed, and finally, don't vape any sativa's right before bed.

But out of all the above, I think "trying" to sleep is the biggest culprit in keeping one awake.

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I don't know if this is the right forum to mention this, but I find that vaporizing MJ often puts me right to sleep. Especially if I'm by myself watching TV or something.
Quite often I wake up at 5am with the PD in my hand on the sofa.
"Oh wow I fell asleep for awhile...cool."

jeffp,

lwien

Yeah Jeff, that happens to me too. One just needs to keep in mind though that MJ can inhibit REM, so that while it may put you to sleep faster, the quality of sleep may suffer but yeah, if one is going through an acute bout of insomnia, I say............fuck quality. Just knock me the fuck out......:/

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I've heard that too but I don't know what that means, in terms of "quality" - the sleep is deep and the dreams are vivid - what more could you want from sleep?

jeffp,

lwien

jeffp said:
I've heard that too but I don't know what that means, in terms of "quality" - the sleep is deep and the dreams are vivid - what more could you want from sleep?
For many, dreams are inhibited when smoking/vaping right before bed. Many report not dreaming at all, but when they go on a t-break, the dreams come back.........big time, like in a way that your brain is trying to catch up on REM.

There have been some scientific studies on this. I'll try to dig 'em up.

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I guess everybody's different but on the other hand how do you know you dreamed when you thought you dreamed since there's no time frame sequence in dreamland.
In other words the entire dream sequence could have unfolded prior to your waking up and you believe that you dreamed through your sleep but the "story" might have unfolded right before you woke up.

jeffp,

lwien

jeffp said:
I guess everybody's different but on the other hand how do you know you dreamed when you thought you dreamed since there's no time frame sequence in dreamland.
In other words the entire dream sequence could have unfolded prior to your waking up and you believe that you dreamed through your sleep but the "story" might have unfolded right before you woke up.
The studies, Jeff, concentrated on the measurements of how long and how often one goes into REM when using MJ and not using MJ and they found that those who use MJ have less episodes of REM as well as the REM cycles not lasting as long. And being that dreams happen in REM, one can conclude that one dreams less when using MJ as well as a rebound affect when MJ is no longer used.

But, like anything else, your personal mileage may vary on this.

lwien,

Cappella Sistina

While I know Canna' will help some others to sleep, with me it doesn't. In fact canna' has a more "awake" effect on me, in that I get very creative and my thoughts expand while under the effects. That goes for Sativa's and Indica's. Im also about to start a complete body detox, and will be giving up canna' for a good couple of months. I dont want to say forever...but at least for a while(career change)

Luckily thought, my insomnia isn't as debilitating as your friend's MoMO. While I have battled it for a loing time, even get prescribed meds for it. I am usually able to control it wih meditation, exercise and diet. I dont like to take precsriptions, and usually am successful in combating the problem. Its just during high stress situations,or whatever you that it gets a lil outta control.

Going back to school to otain a second degree, career change, recent split from my fiance' etc etc...all equal a lot of crap on the brain. lol I've spent today at the Temple, followed by a two mile swim in the ocean. Probubly going to repeat tommorrow as well...mix in a feew diet changes, and I should be back to normal in a couple days...hopefully.

:)

If not, I might try the melatonin. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cappella Sistina,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
lwien said:
jeffp said:
For many, dreams are inhibited when smoking/vaping right before bed. Many report not dreaming at all, but when they go on a t-break, the dreams come back.........big time, like in a way that your brain is trying to catch up on REM.

There have been some scientific studies on this. I'll try to dig 'em up.
This happens to me for sure. I do dream once in a while at night after smoking about 2 hours before bed... but if I take one night off, I get lots of dreams. The thing is that the dreams become much more vivid. Kind of intriguing..

mattybass,
Top Bottom