Discontinued Inhalater XP

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Simmy I have a question you can answer and something we all complained about in the 04. Is the numbers still a sticker that can easily peel off? If so I guess they didn't listen to us cause that was a big complaint. If it is still a sticker make sure you put tape over it so the numbers don't rub off and keep an eye on it cause you don't want it to fall off. With the scotch tape I used I have not had an issue of it coming off. My top skinny stickers came off the first day which was fine but you don't want to lose the numbers.

Everything is still stickers... The numbers are a different sticker than the body color. Looks like the numbers will stay on. The resistance to the knob is much more than before. The flashing pattern is different and clearly the air holes are larger but other than that it looks identical.

EDIT: BTW I notice no differences in how the capsules fit or operate and am having no problems inserting or removing the capsules.

still burning in the unit on max for a battery cycle. will test drive the unit this evening.

ru_frothi,

coflycasr

any thoughts on how bubble hash would work with this thing? I would want to layer it in the middle on herb.

coflycasr,

simmy

The resistance to the knob is much more than before.

I would like to conur with the above -- the resistance to the knob does not seem like a problem at all. Restating what I said earlier, they seem to have rolled out this improvement in December on the old version. I repeat, the knob does not turn easily.

simmy,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Put it in your pocket on off it will still turn on cause that is the loose spot. That is why I don't turn mine off until I am ready to use it. It does look a lot tighter the rest of the way. It would have been nice if it clicked in to each number which we had asked for as well then no number sticker needed.

Dreamerr,

simmy

Put it in your pocket on off it will still turn on cause that is the loose spot. That is why I don't turn mine off until I am ready to use it. It does look a lot tighter the rest of the way. It would have been nice if it clicked in to each number which we had asked for as well then no number sticker needed.

Ahh, I see what you're saying. Because it's auto-shutoff after 6 (8?) mins, it's better just to leave it on, so that when you pocket it later, it won't turn on automatically in your pocket (unless it slid to off, and then slid to back on, which is unlikely). That's good advice, thanks!

That said, it feels like the click into 0 is relatively strong. Whether it will click from 0 to on in a pocket has changed or not, I can't say for sure, but I can say I don't think it will happen super easily, though perhaps it would either way. I think I'll just see how it goes, and if it happens much, I'll do what you said above.

2clicker

Observer
Ahh, I see what you're saying. Because it's auto-shutoff after 6 (8?) mins, it's better just to leave it on, so that when you pocket it later, it won't turn on automatically in your pocket (unless it slid to off, and then slid to back on, which is unlikely). That's good advice, thanks!

the only downside to that from what i can see is that you may only want a 3 or 4 min session. i dont think you would want it on in your pocket for the other 4 mins.

what about a sleeve of some sort that would sorta couple the switch and body together so that it holds the switch in place? like a fat rubber band or a small length of some really stretchy tubing or something... hmmmm

2clicker,

Dreamerr

If you make the band to tight you will have issues with the knob possibly popping off and it will be to hard to turn now that it is tighter at the upper numbers. The on off was tight before but will easily turn in your pocket cause pockets are tight. If you are going to do a half session then a shirt pocket will work fine. I do have a sleeve that I put over the dial but I have to carefully put it in my pocket so the sleeve doesn't slide. Once it is in my pocket it works fine. I need to maybe get a case that isn't to tight so it can slip in and out easily but not be bulky.

Dreamerr,

PAZ

I'm actually debating cancelling my order and changing to the Solo until the ascent comes out. The ascent vaporizer looks really nice.

I don't know if the INH XP is worth it with the ascent coming out in a few months. Thoughts?

PAZ,
Reactions: Jeff-K

2clicker

Observer
I don't know if the INH XP is worth it with the ascent coming out in a few months. Thoughts?

all i know is that i keep hearing/reading about how some users DaVinci smelled and tasted bad. i would get the INH now and if the Ascent comes out and is great then you can always sell the INH. thats what i would do at least.

then again here i am waiting it out some more... :shrug:

2clicker,

Dreamerr

I would get all three but you didn't ask me. I love both my solo and INH. They are different and I use them differently. I love the idea of the ascent because of the glass airpath which means we ill be able to clean it airport safe IMO. I personally think the solo basically can as well but vapenstone says no cause of some abv may get down in the holes :hmm: If the ascent produces and can be cleaned it will be one of two vapes that can besides the cheaper coil genie or whatever it is called.

Dreamerr,

PAZ

all i know is that i keep hearing/reading about how some users DaVinci smelled and tasted bad. i would get the INH now and if the Ascent comes out and is great then you can always sell the INH. thats what i would do at least.

then again here i am waiting it out some more... :shrug:

Ya I was thinking that as well, too many vapes to choose from!

PAZ,

tikimaize

Big Rigger Approved!
I'm actually debating cancelling my order and changing to the Solo until the ascent comes out. The ascent vaporizer looks really nice.

If we used that reasoning we would never buy anything. There is always something better waiting in the wings. I say if this fits your needs well, buy it. Vapes seem to hold their value well, so you could always sell it later. It will make a great entry portable for a new user someday.

tikimaize,

vape4life

Banned for life
I would get all three but you didn't ask me. I love both my solo and INH. They are different and I use them differently. I love the idea of the ascent because of the glass airpath which means we ill be able to clean it airport safe IMO. I personally think the solo basically can as well but vapenstone says no cause of some abv may get down in the holes :hmm: If the ascent produces and can be cleaned it will be one of two vapes that can besides the cheaper coil genie or whatever it is called.

It was actually vape4life ;) But don't take my or other Solo user's word on it...go ahead and simply remove the 4 small screws on the bottom and slide the cover off...you will be SHOCKED with the ABV you see in there! Trust me, i'm OCD with cleanliness, and it was littered with bits and pieces all over. Super easy to clean out, just a little annoying. It doesn't get down there through those 4 tiny holes either...we're talking FLAKES of ABV! It occurs during removal of a stem and apparently an O-ring can prevent it from getting down there.

vape4life,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Hoops

At this point I welcome the week delay.....giving us all time to watch the Cera reviews.

Hoops,

simmy

are you peeps that are waiting for the XP already owners of the 004? If so, the upgrade doesn't seem worth a whole new purchase for sure. If it's your first Inhalater, though, then you're in the same boat as I was. I just happened to luck out.

gosaints420

I don't own the 004 and the only reason I pre-ordered was because Inh said they were shipping XP's. They conveniently failed to mention that that ment they were only shipping out a few and who knows when the rest will start going out.

gosaints420,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
any thoughts on how bubble hash would work with this thing? I would want to layer it in the middle on herb.

all kinds of hash sandwiches work great with this and every other HERB vape I have owned.

EDIT to this Morning's POST:
I must take back my comments about the capsule fit. There is clearly a defect here with the XP and capsule fitment. When the unit is cold capsules seem to come in and out fairly easily. THe brand new capsule they sent me would not come out today. I literally could not even twist or pull it out with all my might. I had to bite the mouthpiece and apply a lot of force to get it come out. There never was any issue like this with the non XP model. I have a feeling my new replacement is going back to canada. I hope it doesn't take another month for this warranty replacement.

The only time I saw anything like this on the INH was by using the same capsule for a month and not cleaning it. This capsule is brand new and has no sticky residue. I can't possibly imagine how one could remove a sticky capsule with this kind of tight fitment.

BTW: Preheat time from off to MAX was exactly 90 seconds. My old unit was about 2 minutes to heat up which was twice as long as what dreamer measured. wonder how much variability there will be with the new designs.

I can report the unit did vape well until my load got exploded everywhere trying to remove the capsule 1/2 way through a session.

OK, more expirementing. The capsule do remove easily cold but as soon as the combo heats it up its glued in place. I'll be on the phone first thing friday to try and work this out.

ru_frothi,

vape4life

Banned for life
ru_ that EXACT same issue happened to me with my 004 when it was brand new never vaped in. I was like WTF but then pulled and twisted and it came out. I thought it had something to do with the polyimide in the bowl started to come apart and it somehow "trapped" the capsule, but i'm not sure. I'd be pissed if it snapped in half, and then REALLY couldn't get the polyimide portion of the capsule out of the unit.

vape4life,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
that might just be the last straw for me to cancel my preorder..

Hey Kush,

thought you gave up the INH for PAX, Curious on what brought you back.... Anything else out there comparable?

as a complete TV family owner I dont seen the CERA and INH in the same boat due to lack of electronics but maybe I'm just haded because TV's products other the evolution which kicks ass are all mediocre vapes at best.

Personally I have not found a non temp regulated vaporizer yet that I actually like very much that includes an MFLB, all TV Herb vapes, Essential Vape, and the Hercules from THC. I have yet to try a bender.

ru_ that EXACT same issue happened to me with my 004 when it was brand new never vaped in. I was like WTF but then pulled and twisted and it came out. I thought it had something to do with the polyimide in the bowl started to come apart and it somehow "trapped" the capsule, but i'm not sure. I'd be pissed if it snapped in half, and then REALLY couldn't get the polyimide portion of the capsule out of the unit.

weird, mine never did that. I got it out but if I put back it does it again. I've done it now about 20 times and its not loosening up.

and BTW: Whats the ascent. been busy working and not reading the boards lately
Found my own answer in the thread candidates.

ru_frothi,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Hey Kush,

thought you gave up the INH for PAX, Curious on what brought you back.... Anything else out there comparable?

I gave up the inh because I thought I was going to have to stop vaping. I got the pax becasue of the hype, but found it even fussier than some of the girls I dated in highschool lol. My favorite thing of all time is the solo! The xp is for one of my best friends, and will be using it almost everyday when he comes by.

2clicker

Observer
ok so i got a response from Pharmacor about the rings.

"Hello, The rings are there as thermal guards. If you sand them down, the unit will feel very hot when you touch it around the vaporisation chamber. The black unit makes the rings very inconspicuous."

so they are likely just solid delrin and only there to keep you from touching the area in between the rings.

so my question to those who have XPs or even 004s in general... have you touched the area between the rings when its really goin? how hot does it get? inquiring minds want to know. :brow:

there was no answer to my question regarding the warranty.

natural farmer

ok so i got a response from Pharmacor about the rings.

"Hello, The rings are there as thermal guards. If you sand them down, the unit will feel very hot when you touch it around the vaporisation chamber. The black unit makes the rings very inconspicuous."

so they are likely just solid delrin and only there to keep you from touching the area in between the rings.

so my question to those who have XPs or even 004s in general... have you touched the area between the rings when its really goin? how hot does it get? inquiring minds want to know. :brow:

there was no answer to my question regarding the warranty.

:smug:

Well it does get hot when in good use but the hands can easily absorb this heat and you sure won't get burnt... It would be quite uncomfortable without the rings though...

natural farmer,
Reactions: 2clicker
Top Bottom